Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jethro_Grey

Stalingrad - Clan Wars reward confirmed

53 comments in this topic

[NED]
Players
1,738 posts
6,551 battles

Well that sucks locking away ships behind clan wars requirements.

I am still super salty for missing out on the IS-5 in Wot by a few places.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,323 posts
7,937 battles

amusing touch by the devs at the end there, with the "even we cant get this ship" bit. Not that I really believe that, but hey :Smile_teethhappy:

I do wonder how this behemoth will compare to Moskva in terms of citadel size...

Alpha Tester
341 posts
6,074 battles

No chance that an average Joe like me will ever have access to this ship :(

My own clan is too casual, and the Typhoon capable clans are already filled to the brim with unicums. Glass ceiling....

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,711 posts
16,313 battles

Most clans if they work at it can get to the top league to finish the missions.  Its more about team work and having the correct ships and commuting some time to the game.. If the SCRUBS are anything to go by.. Play DDs boys and girls. My clan was Always in need of a DD players..

Only time I have felt loved in a while was when some clan mate would come looking for me to jump in to  my Gearing or Z52.  Even though by WINRATE i'm the worst in the clan by some margin.

And in before they say something

Even for my parchment for eating torps in a DD. (to save a clan mate of cause)

The main thing is to stay around after you get your flag to help others in your clan do the same. We in the SCRUBS were lucky there was only a few nights where we did not have a full team +others hanging around to jump in when needed

• Cool 4

[-RT-]
Players
78 posts
11,001 battles

Does anyone know if it will be similar to ranked where you can get the required pieces of the flag (or whatever it is) over a number of clan war seasons? I missed out on getting the stalingrad flag last season, so has the boat (hurrhurr) sailed? 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,711 posts
16,313 battles
6 minutes ago, ZandersMcGrooby said:

Does anyone know if it will be similar to ranked where you can get the required pieces of the flag (or whatever it is) over a number of clan war seasons? I missed out on getting the stalingrad flag last season, so has the boat (hurrhurr) sailed? 

If its like last season yes..I have my first flag.. you need to do a series of missions the last ones can only be done in the top league. Its easier in my opinion in Clan as at least you can rely on you team to work together. and 7 people in Team-speak makes it a lot better

[-RT-]
Players
78 posts
11,001 battles
1 minute ago, T0byJug said:

If its like last season yes..I have my first flag.. you need to do a series of missions the last ones can only be done in the top league. Its easier in my opinion in Clan as at least you can rely on you team to work together. and 7 people in Team-speak makes it a lot better

No... I mean can you get the component flag pieces in, for example, clan battle seasons 2, 3, and 4 (assuming you need 3 pieces to complete the whole 'flag' and get the Stalingrad) as opposed to seasons 1, 2 and 3 only? If its the latter then I'm screwed :/

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,711 posts
16,313 battles

No... I mean can you get the component flag pieces in, for example, clan battle seasons 2, 3, and 4 (assuming you need 3 pieces to complete the whole 'flag' and get the Stalingrad) as opposed to seasons 1, 2 and 3 only? If its the latter then I'm screwed :/

we wont know for sure till next season. But i think its like ranked.. You get a flag each season you complete the missions. once you have the requisite number you unlock the ship

[TTT]
Players
4,323 posts
7,937 battles
18 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

I just hope they haven't made it super OP.

Oh, who am I kidding?

hey, at least it couldnt really be called Pay2Win could it? except when good ol' WGP2W gets involved I suppose...

I'm not aware of any certain info in this regard, but I'd assume it'll work like ranked... would be nice to get confirmation from you fine folks  @MrConway @Crysantos and company on this? :Smile_honoring:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,385 battles
57 minutes ago, ZandersMcGrooby said:

" A commemorative flag. Earn three flags in future Seasons to earn the tier X cruiser Stalingrad"

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/yes-we-clan/

To my understanding it is trivial that you didnt earn the stalingrad flag in the first season, you can try the next three seasons or in any other order in the future, just like with i.e. the Flint in Ranked.
A commemorative flag. Earn three flags in future Seasons to earn the tier X cruiser Stalingrad!

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,640 posts
9,896 battles

Typhoon or Hurricane, that's the question.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,385 battles
3 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Typhoon or Hurricane, that's the question.

That is a good question indeed. Will Hurricane league be only for bragging rights or you have to progress in it to get the Stalingrad flag?

[BLITZ]
Players
2,640 posts
9,896 battles
9 minutes ago, tank276 said:

That is a good question indeed. Will Hurricane league be only for bragging rights or you have to progress in it to get the Stalingrad flag?

3,910 Stalingrad-Flags were given out and 3,638 players reached rank one in season eight. (all servers total)

I don't know if another hurdle is needed.

• Cool 2

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles
8 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

3,910 Stalingrad-Flags were given out and 3,638 players reached rank one in season eight. (all servers total)

I don't know if another hurdle is needed.

TBH that is quite a lot of players, I think Hurricane is going to be needed. Maybe it would even be a good idea.

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,618 posts
8,112 battles
1 hour ago, T0byJug said:

Most clans if they work at it can get to the top league to finish the missions.  Its more about team work and having the correct ships and commuting some time to the game.. If the SCRUBS are anything to go by.. Play DDs boys and girls. My clan was Always in need of a DD players..

Only time I have felt loved in a while was when some clan mate would come looking for me to jump in to  my Gearing or Z52.  Even though by WINRATE i'm the worst in the clan by some margin.

And in before they say something

Even for my parchment for eating torps in a DD. (to save a clan mate of cause)

The main thing is to stay around after you get your flag to help others in your clan do the same. We in the SCRUBS were lucky there was only a few nights where we did not have a full team +others hanging around to jump in when needed

I know what you mean, yet I also can renember evenings when i was "forced" to gimp my effectiveness by playing cruiser (DM). :Smile_sceptic:

Sadly we 5Crub didn't make it in time for me to get the flag even though I was 2. most active player last season (beaten by only one match - Damn you MrWastee)

I still tried to make it to every CB even though i knew i won't get anymore rewards out of it due to time restrictions on my side.

OT: I understand it also like it's just as ranked battles, as there are also other similarities.

Players
1,633 posts
4,216 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

hey, at least it couldnt really be called Pay2Win could it? except when good ol' WGP2W gets involved I suppose...

True, but I still don't like the current overpowered reward ships.:Smile_izmena:

Radar on Battleships and Destroyers is simply going too far, in my humble opinion.:Smile_sceptic:

Spoiler

At least, until I gitgud enough to actually earn them myself.:Smile_teethhappy:

Players
984 posts
5,061 battles
28 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

TBH that is quite a lot of players, I think Hurricane is going to be needed. Maybe it would even be a good idea.

That is 5% of all players who played clan battles. So it's perfectly fine to keep it the way it is. 

• Cool 4

[SKRUB]
Players
206 posts
15,502 battles

Yeah [:o]

A ship, who probably upgun Moskva and will be more clumsy or maybe it would simply uptier him, is fine.

After all if at the end it's a meh/bad ship, you really want to grind it ?

If it become godboat, with better concealment, current TX will be better. 

So yeah, it's fine than some content will be lock for 95% of the comunity.

Because we need to create artificial wall, in order to create hype for a mod who can only be play by few (need TX and a good clan), time consumable (yeah grindgrindgrind and ask several people to be connect at the same time), time limite and did we really need another rank mod ?

So...

tenor.gif

• Bad 1

Sign in to follow this