Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LJNJ

Is Khabarovsk fun to play as Minotaur is?

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
10 posts
4,935 battles

On some days, when I don't have much time to play I still turn on game and play 1-2 games in Minotaur.

Shell rain that this ship delivers is just outstandingly fun to play.

Even yolo'ing a cap and deleting dd's is fun in it.

 

I am thinking about staring russian DD line (Khaba), I have a feeling that its very fun ship to play.

Looking for your opinion on Khabarovsk regarding fun times.

 

There are few ships which I don't intend to fully master, but use them as fun and relaxing factor and in which I do more often suck then not (like Bismarck+secondaries).

Khabarovsk will be one of them, only condition is if its fun to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

I'm also interested in this. 

I've gotten to the Minsk, but didn't enjoy the gnevni and don't enjoy the Minsk. Is it worth it to power through to the kiev and on. Or are the rest all the same? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
17,828 posts
11,758 battles

Khaba is a good ship, but plays completly differently.

Khaba is a skirmisher, Minotaur has knock-out potential up to heavy cruisers. Even BB can get beat up badly.

Khaba needs time for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,772 posts
7,464 battles
1 hour ago, stewie533 said:

I'm also interested in this. 

I've gotten to the Minsk, but didn't enjoy the gnevni and don't enjoy the Minsk. Is it worth it to power through to the kiev and on. Or are the rest all the same? 

 

Gnevny/Minsk are very captain dependent, 12 points minimum which is pretty high for T6/7.

 

Public test server is running until Monday so for the rest of the line why not try it out for yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,385 battles
1 hour ago, LJNJ said:

On some days, when I don't have much time to play I still turn on game and play 1-2 games in Minotaur.

Shell rain that this ship delivers is just outstandingly fun to play.

Even yolo'ing a cap and deleting dd's is fun in it.

 

I am thinking about staring russian DD line (Khaba), I have a feeling that its very fun ship to play.

Looking for your opinion on Khabarovsk regarding fun times.

 

There are few ships which I don't intend to fully master, but use them as fun and relaxing factor and in which I do more often suck then not (like Bismarck+secondaries).

Khabarovsk will be one of them, only condition is if its fun to play.

If your idea of fun coincides with my idea of fun, Khaba is worth it.

Personally I dont enjoy Minotaur playstyle, but Khabarovsk I most certainly do.

Constantly on the move setting fires and avoiding enemy shots (be careful to stay at around 12 km away from BBs). I use heal instead of smoke.

I would say it is a t10 worth the grind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles
40 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

 

Gnevny/Minsk are very captain dependent, 12 points minimum which is pretty high for T6/7.

 

Public test server is running until Monday so for the rest of the line why not try it out for yourself.

Because I can't. I am limited to a very slow satellite connection for another month. But this I am also curious about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,313 posts
9,321 battles

These 2 ships are of course really different in playstyles yet very fun to play in their own way.

 

I love to play aggressive in fun strong ships so i got Khaba long time ago and always enjoy to play her. Back in the day Khaba was one of the most broken OP ships in the game, but after a few nerfs it is just strong and in some players hands still pretty OP. But to play her good these days you need to learn how to play her, heres some tips from my 18 video playlist in her 

 

 

 

Khaba is a area denial ship that can make 3 T10 BB turn and run for their lives with ease. Its a constant firespammer and harraser that no ship (exept maybe the Conqueror) can stand up to. Biggest enemy of the Khaba is fast reloading CAs with accuracy and good shell arcs such as Moskva and Hinden. Youre sweat spot for engagements are between 10-13.5k, closer then that you risk to take to much damage and for Khaba its important to play the long game. You always use the heal, never the smoke. Khaba never sits in smokes, better to learn how to survive in her on the move instead. To try and use the 6k torps is pretty much suicide unless you surprise clueless BB captain behind a island, But you dont need torps in Khaba. Guns are her bread and butter and they should never be silent - EVER!

 

Grinded this ship before the split so cant really say to much about the ships along the way, but think Udeloi who was the tier under before but now days sits on the alternate line (for some reason) is the ships that is more like Khaba.

 

Pro tip is to log into PTS and grind her within a few games and try her out in there.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
3,205 posts
8,367 battles

Khaba is a nice SOLO ship to play with.

 

It does not bring much to teamplay and is not as fun to play in divisions.

 

I usually play it when I do not division with my clan members... (whetever the reason might be) 1.0

 

But overall I would describe Khaba just like Kiev. But with heal. And a bit stronger. So game play is pretty similar.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
17,828 posts
11,758 battles

Khaba is nice in a division with at least one stealthy DD. Third ship should be no DD.

That way you can do some nice DD hunting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TS1]
Players
590 posts
7,618 battles
3 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

To try and use the 6k torps is pretty much suicide unless you surprise clueless BB captain behind a island, But you dont need torps in Khaba. Guns are her bread and butter and they should never be silent - EVER!

 

Grinded this ship before the split so cant really say to much about the ships along the way, but think Udeloi who was the tier under before but now days sits on the alternate line (for some reason) is the ships that is more like Khaba.

If you've ever learned how to use RU DD torps, then Kebab torps are nothing new. They're actually pretty good for ambushes. They're slow, but they hit hard and are the stealthiest torps in the game. There's about three times where I don't shoot constantly. If I'm stealthing for a sneak attack, possible even with 10km detection radius. If I've scared away all ships from a cap and want to cap. If I've run out of targets.

 

I played through the line when they still had turrets made out of paper and you were lucky to end a match without 33-50% of your firepower gone. Aside from that I liked them. The Udaloi was always the odd duck out. Before the split she was the only one capable of any kind of stealth, and now in the alternate line, she's the one that sucks at stealth.

 

The Kebab probably has one of the most unique playstyles of all ships. She's not quite a DD and she's not quite a cruiser. You drive around picking fights with almost anyone you see, weaving around shells and torpedoes with little care. It's fun. If you have help with spotting, you can take a cap from any other DD, but otherwise capping is hard. Well, if a Shima has expended her torps you can just charge. But beware of enemy backup. And if you do get in over your head, the Kebab is one of the best ships at getting out of trouble thanks to her speed and health.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KHCL]
[KHCL]
Modder
493 posts
8,725 battles

khaba ist not a dd. more a cl. very important are the cpt. skills ( i have a 19 on it).

 

gameplay is very different from the other ru dd except taschkent. with a chaba you should skill the gun range. use engine boost and use the heal instead of the smoke.

 

dont skill concealment. if you want to have my cpt. skills just send me a pm.

khaba is not designed to get a cap at match start. its a support ship for other dds at the start and then it is a bb hunter. teamplay is given beause you can scare off many enemy ships when you are detectet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
4,323 posts
7,937 battles
3 hours ago, LJNJ said:

On some days, when I don't have much time to play I still turn on game and play 1-2 games in Minotaur.

Shell rain that this ship delivers is just outstandingly fun to play.

Even yolo'ing a cap and deleting dd's is fun in it.

 

I am thinking about staring russian DD line (Khaba), I have a feeling that its very fun ship to play.

Looking for your opinion on Khabarovsk regarding fun times.

 

There are few ships which I don't intend to fully master, but use them as fun and relaxing factor and in which I do more often suck then not (like Bismarck+secondaries).

Khabarovsk will be one of them, only condition is if its fun to play.

interesting to find you here... :cap_win:

From my experience, Mino and Khaba can both be hilariously fun or extremely frustrating, in somewhat similar ways. Both are amazing when somewhat left to their own devices, but both can also end up in situations where you feel like there's pretty much nothing you can do because your ship is pretty one-dimensional (like having the entire enemy team run away from your Minotaur...).

The good thing about grinding to the Khaba is that the Kiev tells you everything you need to know about the playstyle, although the Kiev doesn't run into those limiting situations nearly as much because it gets a lot of extra range to play with... for sheer relaxed run-and-gun gameplay I'd almost say the Tashkent is the best; Khaba can get quite a bit more stressful at times because you only have your pathetic 13.5km range as opposed to the 15.2km that the Tashkent gets. On the other hand, Khaba does get straight up 33% more raw firepower with that extra turret, and that extra bit takes the firepower from really strong to hilariously scary.

Knowing you, I think you'll really like the Khaba :cap_haloween:

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10 posts
4,935 battles

Thanks for commenting on the topic.

Will grind it, since I just confirmed what I thought :Smile_Default:

 

 

2 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

interesting to find you here... :cap_win:

From my experience, Mino and Khaba can both be hilariously fun or extremely frustrating, in somewhat similar ways. Both are amazing when somewhat left to their own devices, but both can also end up in situations where you feel like there's pretty much nothing you can do because your ship is pretty one-dimensional (like having the entire enemy team run away from your Minotaur...).

The good thing about grinding to the Khaba is that the Kiev tells you everything you need to know about the playstyle, although the Kiev doesn't run into those limiting situations nearly as much because it gets a lot of extra range to play with... for sheer relaxed run-and-gun gameplay I'd almost say the Tashkent is the best; Khaba can get quite a bit more stressful at times because you only have your pathetic 13.5km range as opposed to the 15.2km that the Tashkent gets. On the other hand, Khaba does get straight up 33% more raw firepower with that extra turret, and that extra bit takes the firepower from really strong to hilariously scary.

Knowing you, I think you'll really like the Khaba :cap_haloween:

 

 

I am always here, just as passive reader :Smile_honoring:

Thanks for tips, I bet I will like it, maybe even more than Minotaur :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,171 posts
8,750 battles

I have watched a Khaba destroy 3 battleships in quick succession. I was in a game where I was destroyed early by the enemy CV and so switched view between players. The game was Epicenter.

Khaba came down the 2 line and was picked up by a Bismarck, Tirpitz and a Grosse.. They began chasing him back up the 2 line..To which I messaged saying that it was folly...None of the ally BB's had full health but each had almost 1/2-3/4....Now you'd think the DD would have no chance against them but he took them on... He first flamed the Bismarck to death and then the Tirpitz then keeping astern of the Grosse flamed him aswell with a few torpedo hits thrown in for good measure... It cost us the victory but was an amazing performance to watch and the Khaba came away from the fight with about 1/3rd of his health left and subsequently went on to cap the centre..... A couple of ally members were rude to him after he had capped but I told them that it was their fault.... I don't have the Khaba myself but in battles where they are on the enemy strength they can and do sway the games outcome. Many players fear the Khaba over the Minotaur because it takes many shells from a Minotaur to kill a BB and the Minotaur has no HE capability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
369 posts
1,516 battles

With my DM and Montana i havent seen anything that sparked my interest in the tech tree but reading all these comments about the Khaba i think thats a ship i should enjoy very much with the constantly on the move firing at everything you see. 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Khaba used to be utterly crazy.

 

Had 10km torps and a normal DDs rudder.

 

Used to be massive fun but even WG couldn't get away with such blatant Russian Bias for so long.

 

I don't play mine much but that's just me. I almost never play T10 for some reason. Probably the dull campy meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KHCL]
[KHCL]
Modder
493 posts
8,725 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Negativvv sagte:

Had 10km torps and a normal DDs rudder.

sorry, but the khaba torps are nerved to 6km range and the rudder time was increased. also the gun range is nerved down to max. 13.5 km now. but its still a crazy ship. in my opiniom the best ship that is released at moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
2 minutes ago, real_sytax said:

sorry, but the khaba torps are nerved to 6km range and the rudder time was increased. also the gun range is nerved down to max. 13.5 km now. but its still a crazy ship. in my opiniom the best ship that is released at moment.

 

Yeah its still very strong but it used to be OP, like massively OP which no one can argue against lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,313 posts
9,321 battles
11 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Khaba is a nice SOLO ship to play with.

 

It does not bring much to teamplay and is not as fun to play in divisions.

 

I usually play it when I do not division with my clan members... (whetever the reason might be) 1.0

 

But overall I would describe Khaba just like Kiev. But with heal. And a bit stronger. So game play is pretty similar.

I would actually say its pretty decent both at solo play and division play. Its great at supporting a stealthy DD or a BB by deleting their competition, and while playing with a BB it draws all the fire from the enemy team, tanking between 1 and 2 million pot. damage from the team. 

 

And give me a Khaba - Hinden - Montana division any day and i give you a guarantee win! Khaba to make fire on BBs make them panic and sho´w broadsides to the Montana, and while limping away on fire getting spammed by Hinden!

 

But thats just how i roll! 

11 hours ago, Runegrem said:

If you've ever learned how to use RU DD torps, then Kebab torps are nothing new. They're actually pretty good for ambushes. They're slow, but they hit hard and are the stealthiest torps in the game. There's about three times where I don't shoot constantly. If I'm stealthing for a sneak attack, possible even with 10km detection radius. If I've scared away all ships from a cap and want to cap. If I've run out of targets.

 

I played through the line when they still had turrets made out of paper and you were lucky to end a match without 33-50% of your firepower gone. Aside from that I liked them. The Udaloi was always the odd duck out. Before the split she was the only one capable of any kind of stealth, and now in the alternate line, she's the one that sucks at stealth.

 

The Kebab probably has one of the most unique playstyles of all ships. She's not quite a DD and she's not quite a cruiser. You drive around picking fights with almost anyone you see, weaving around shells and torpedoes with little care. It's fun. If you have help with spotting, you can take a cap from any other DD, but otherwise capping is hard. Well, if a Shima has expended her torps you can just charge. But beware of enemy backup. And if you do get in over your head, the Kebab is one of the best ships at getting out of trouble thanks to her speed and health.

I think i learned since i grinded this line when i came out. And as i said if you just not gonna do a suicide run, you need to surprise a T10 BB behind an island, because if you havent learned guns are never silent on the Khaba, which means youre always spotted, which means it hard to surprise anyone!

 

And as you say, slow, short range torps = Suicide run against a T10 BB that gets 12k pens on you with its AP.

 

So id say stick to the guns!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MASLO]
Beta Tester
663 posts
1,238 battles

I think khaba is not as fun as minotaur... because that would mean it was terribly boring, because minotaur is one of the most, if not the most, boring ships in the game. Certainly it fights Zao for most boring cruiser, probably beating it(Zao at least moves).

 

But i think khaba is very fun, no matter the power or numbers you can get with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
748 posts
11,447 battles
11 hours ago, nambr9 said:

It does not bring much to teamplay and is not as fun to play in divisions.

Division with a CV, force repair, enjoy the killing flooding:Smile_popcorn:maybe even some reports and salt :Smile_medal: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TS1]
Players
590 posts
7,618 battles
2 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

I think i learned since i grinded this line when i came out. And as i said if you just not gonna do a suicide run, you need to surprise a T10 BB behind an island, because if you havent learned guns are never silent on the Khaba, which means youre always spotted, which means it hard to surprise anyone!

 

And as you say, slow, short range torps = Suicide run against a T10 BB that gets 12k pens on you with its AP.

 

So id say stick to the guns!

Getting a nice torpedo salvo in on a BB or cruiser is absolutely worth letting the guns rest for a minute or two.

 

Also, if you see a BB having his guns away from you while heading your direction you can rush him if you're close enough already. BB guns take a while to turn and you can usually tank at least one salvo and survive well. Also, if you're really lucky, you can bounce some shots, even from a Yamato.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles

If you like quote: "ships that promote the wrong type of gameplay" end quote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Actually I have to say Khaba is a bit frustrating in Random Battles.

 

As  you cannot play as a traditional DD yet  brain dead BB expect you to do so.

 

Earned some negative Karma today by low skilled BBs sniping but expecting DDs to cap :Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SQRL]
Players
260 posts
11,876 battles
22 hours ago, Negativvv said:

Actually I have to say Khaba is a bit frustrating in Random Battles.

 

As  you cannot play as a traditional DD yet  brain dead BB expect you to do so.

 

Earned some negative Karma today by low skilled BBs sniping but expecting DDs to cap :Smile_sceptic:

Whenever I play the khaba my Karma tends to go down. No smoke, 10km detection range - and you want me to cap? Yeah right....

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×