You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

SC yuppiiii. Yeah, at last.

33 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
1,721 posts
6,833 battles

Ok, I was chilling in me boats when I collected another container.

And I got this...

5a72551330430_SemTtulo1.thumb.png.607187e275e1eacc6decf5adeed8bb4d.png

I'm happy now (finally a boat after all the battles I did).

Yes, I know it's the Chinese Leander. (but it's a boat nonetheless).

So, I never had, have a smoke up cruiser before.

I went running for co-op to try it out. No skills allocated nor modules, just out of the box... or container.

Long story short I was caught by surprise with the smoke, I position myself carefully ready to harvester some bot xp... and  apparently it's not of those sit in the smoke but instead walking while you  smoke, then I saw the cool time of the smoke .:Smile_amazed:

a KGV shot me in close range and I didn't get blapped . It's guns ( Huanghe's) shoots peas.

Brawling with this ship it's a big no, no.

I could ask you, how it's compared with Leander? but I don't have either, so...

But this ship will serve to train me with smoke related stuff, operations and stuff.

So your thoughts, please. 

game style

skills

Anything?

Help?

thank you all in advance.

• Cool 7

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

Congrats on the boat container. I have had quite a few sc. But always with flags I don't use our camo I don't use. 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles

A boat is a boat, no matter if it rules the seas or scrapes the bottom of the ocean :Smile_trollface: Still hoping for a Scharnhorst every time I get a SC :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,558 posts
13,704 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

game style

skills

The way you should play the Huang He is to play it as the boat that goes in second to last. Let others pass you and take the hits.

Always make sure you can pop smoke and drop to 1/4 speed. This way you'll be very hard to hit.

Your target priority should be DD -> BB -> CL/CA -> CV. You eat DDs alive since you have decent guns and great secondaries (2/3 of the Grozovoi guns on each side, with only a slightly lower damage).

As to skills, my setup for the first 10p is PT, AR, DE, IFHE. Afterwards you can grab AFT to improve AA and Secondary range. CE should either go last or be ignored for a combination of either SI or BFT and SSE.

I have a lot of fun in coop with this setup so it may work for you too.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
1,738 posts
6,551 battles

WHOA so there are boats in those things !!! i thought they only snuck those into the holiday crates.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,713 battles

I've opened around 30 SCs so far.....no ship yet

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
7 minutes ago, domen3 said:

I've opened around 30 SCs so far.....no ship yet

The first and only ship I got so far was this:

okay...tksa5.png

So be happy!

• Funny 4

[BYOB]
Players
3,558 posts
13,704 battles
1 hour ago, Mandalorianer said:

okay...tksa5.png

So be happy!

I recently received the Kreme from an SC. And you know what? I'm happy about the ship. It's quirky.

I would have never bought it. The 10p captain also doesn't hurt.

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,107 posts
27,223 battles
9 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Well Done good.png

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
9 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

sees your number of battles, sees mine number of battles... RNG whyyyyyyyyy

[OGHF]
Players
815 posts
13,309 battles

Please, please stop calling them Boats, they are Ships.

Submarines are called Boats.

Thank you.

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles
3 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Please, please stop calling them Boats, they are Ships.

Submarines are calked Boats.

Thank you.

Isn't the definition something like "you can put a boat on a ship"? 

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,455 battles
3 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

okay...tksa5.png

So be happy!

Ah you recieved a Krusty Cream!

[CAIN]
Players
2,792 posts
11,013 battles
3 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

okay...tksa5.png

So be happy!

That's actually a pretty good ship, it needs a good captain tho.

Players
1,680 posts
8,664 battles
8 hours ago, Aragathor said:

The way you should play the Huang He is to play it as the boat that goes in second to last. Let others pass you and take the hits.

Always make sure you can pop smoke and drop to 1/4 speed. This way you'll be very hard to hit.

Your target priority should be DD -> BB -> CL/CA -> CV. You eat DDs alive since you have decent guns and great secondaries (2/3 of the Grozovoi guns on each side, with only a slightly lower damage).

Am I right in saying that you should always pop the smoke before you engage due to the whole gun bloom thing? I have a Huang He and that seems to be a much better way of staying concealed than trying to drop smoke mid-engagement. That super-long PA smokescreen is quite a thing, though - the cooldown doesn't seem to be such a problem when the screen itself last so long.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,205 posts
8,367 battles

Ive been opening at least 2 containers per day ever since they introduced them.

The SC are extremely rare for me (i belive I got somewhere between 5 - 10 of them) and when they come the rewards are disappointing.

I do appreciate every signal I receive, but a ship would be nice. Any kind of ship.

So I congrat you .. with a bit of jealousy :)

tumblr_nycfnocmhg1szj9lbo1_500.gif

[FJAKA]
Players
1,991 posts
12,656 battles
11 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Ok, I was chilling in me boats when I collected another container.

And I got this...

5a72551330430_SemTtulo1.thumb.png.607187e275e1eacc6decf5adeed8bb4d.png

Yes, I know it's the Chinese Leander. (but it's a boat nonetheless).

So, I never had, have a smoke up cruiser before.

I went running for co-op to try it out. No skills allocated nor modules, just out of the box... or container.

Long story short I was caught by surprise with the smoke, I position myself carefully ready to harvester some bot xp... and  apparently it's not of those sit in the smoke but instead walking while you  smoke, then I saw the cool time of the smoke .:Smile_amazed:

a KGV shot me in close range and I didn't get blapped . It's guns ( Huanghe's) shoots peas.

Brawling with this ship it's a big no, no.

I could ask you, how it's compared with Leander? but I don't have either, so...

But this ship will serve to train me with smoke related stuff, operations and stuff.

So your thoughts, please. 

game style

skills

Anything?

Help?

thank you all in advance.

lucky you....did not get a single ship in supercomtainers - ever....cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

[SCRUB]
Players
2,186 posts
12,589 battles
28 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

tumblr_nycfnocmhg1szj9lbo1_500.gif

Why those hands seem to be connected off the screen to another human being?

[SCRUB]
Players
3,205 posts
8,367 battles
13 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Why those hands seem to be connected off the screen to another human being?

Its magic 1.0

[BYOB]
Players
3,558 posts
13,704 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

Am I right in saying that you should always pop the smoke before you engage due to the whole gun bloom thing? I have a Huang He and that seems to be a much better way of staying concealed than trying to drop smoke mid-engagement. That super-long PA smokescreen is quite a thing, though - the cooldown doesn't seem to be such a problem when the screen itself last so long.

In my opinion it's better to be aware how many enemies can fire at you first and only then pop smoke.

Wasting smoke while attacking one DD or an engaged BB is a waste.

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
4 hours ago, Aragathor said:

I recently received the Kreme from an SC. And you know what? I'm happy about the ship. It's quirky.

I would have never bought it. The 10p captain also doesn't hurt.

2 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

That's actually a pretty good ship, it needs a good captain tho.

Well... The only good thing about her is that people tend to underestimate people who play her because she is really really bad, her sistership on Tier IV is a better ship (she can't get in Tier VII games, Crushme Krym can)... So yeah... I did very well for my "skill level" in her but not a ship for everyone.

And yeah, my reaction was:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,618 posts
8,112 battles

Congratulation to your new ship out of a SC! (I only got ships out of paid xmas containers so far... :Smile_sad:)

No It is not a Leander. As far as I heard, (don't own that ship myself) it is more similar to the Perth (another premiumship which i do own AND LOVE) which has a rather unique playstyle you won't find in any other sivership (yet).

The whole idea of the moving smoke is to first get into a favourable position (best in/near caps) to shoot stuff without having to fear the Targets might be out of range soon or an island will block the line of fire, then activate smoke and Hydro (it is save to move in smoke at 1/4 speed)  and at best spotter plane too (if you have, i dunno), punch holes into everyship you see in range.

First target DDs (that's why you want to go near caps), then other cruisers if they are near you (best if you can punish braodside with AP), then BBs (that is very effective with IFHE), other cruisers further away (harder to hit then BBs), then sometimes you get to shoot cvs (but this should be rare because either the cv is in a very bad position or you are out of position do be effective or the game is about to end.

The most important thing is to keep an eye on the smokeduration and know when to run. When you got smoke for about another half minute it is time to turn away from danger and start accelerating (just before smoke runs out) kiting the enemys until smoke is back off cooldown.

Rinse and repeat.

The trick is never to be seen unless you are kiting away (then the trick is to not get hit) and never stop moving if you can help it.

So no it is very unlike Leander in terms of gameplay (If Perth is any indicator how to play this because Perth got a very similar smoke)

Perkwise I already got a19 Point captain but the first 14 points you really should get are:

1: Flightcontrol center if that ship doesn't have a spotter then take Situational awareness

2: I use Last Stand because i am very used to it as DD main and you REALLY don't want to lose your ability to steer in that ship or lose all speed due to engine failure but Adrenaline Rush is actualy the best 2 pointer performancewise

3: Super Intendent for more smokecharges

4: Concealment expert to use your superior (for a cruiser) concealment and sneak closer before you activate smoke for maximum effect

4: IFHE to really hurt (hightier) BBs

the Last 5 points is to add more flavour to your liking.

i got these:

2: Adrenaline rush (because i also use Last Stand like said above) - High alert or the enhanced smokerange can be useful too

3: Demolition Expert (to negate the debuff on your Firechance from IFHE) - Survivability Expert to mitigate the poor hp pool or Basics of survivabilty can be useful too

You can also go with Advanced firing training (4) and preventave maintanance (1) (AA Build) or any other combi you can think of.

Edit: Looked into the wiki and corrected my post. Also using the special module for smoke and Hydro (if you have) and the premium Smoke and Hydro consumable (don't bother with the Torpedoreloadbooster) is advised.

[L4GG]
Players
1,721 posts
6,833 battles
12 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Why don't you watch the Flamu video?

I Just saw the flamu's video about my new boaty (second one, I already saw the first).

Well, all I can say is I've got my answer to my question how it's when compared with Leander Perth and faragut.

17 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

A boat is a boat, no matter if it rules the seas or scrapes the bottom of the ocean :Smile_trollface: Still hoping for a Scharnhorst every time I get a SC :cap_haloween:

you are absolutely right, I've complained before about smith and Emden, but I won't this time.

It can be a far cry from Leander? But it will be very useful, after all it's a t6, a bottom sea scrapper t6.

16 hours ago, Aragathor said:

As to skills, my setup for the first 10p is PT, AR, DE, IFHE. Afterwards you can grab AFT to improve AA and Secondary range. CE should either go last or be ignored for a combination of either SI or BFT and SSE.

I have a lot of fun in coop with this setup so it may work for you too.

7 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

5 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

Congratulation to your new ship out of a SC! (I only got ships out of paid xmas containers so far... :Smile_sad:)

No It is not a Leander. As far as I heard, (don't own that ship myself) it is more similar to the Perth (another premiumship which i do own AND LOVE) which has a rather unique playstyle you won't find in any other sivership (yet).

The whole idea of the moving smoke is to first get into a favourable position (best in/near caps) to shoot stuff without having to fear the Targets might be out of range soon or an island will block the line of fire, then activate smoke and Hydro (it is save to move in smoke at 1/4 speed)  and at best spotter plane too (if you have, i dunno), punch holes into everyship you see in range.

First target DDs (that's why you want to go near caps), then other cruisers if they are near you (best if you can punish braodside with AP), then BBs (that is very effective with IFHE), other cruisers further away (harder to hit then BBs), then sometimes you get to shoot cvs (but this should be rare because either the cv is in a very bad position or you are out of position do be effective or the game is about to end.

The most important thing is to keep an eye on the smokeduration and know when to run. When you got smoke for about another half minute it is time to turn away from danger and start accelerating (just before smoke runs out) kiting the enemys until smoke is back off cooldown.

Rinse and repeat.

The trick is never to be seen unless you are kiting away (then the trick is to not get hit) and never stop moving if you can help it.

So no it is very unlike Leander in terms of gameplay (If Perth is any indicator how to play this because Perth got a very similar smoke)

Perkwise I already got a19 Point captain but the first 14 points you really should get are:

1: Flightcontrol center if that ship doesn't have a spotter then take Situational awareness

2: I use Last Stand because i am very used to it as DD main and you REALLY don't want to lose your ability to steer in that ship or lose all speed due to engine failure but Adrenaline Rush is actualy the best 2 pointer performancewise

3: Super Intendent for more smokecharges

4: Concealment expert to use your superior (for a cruiser) concealment and sneak closer before you activate smoke for maximum effect

4: IFHE to really hurt (hightier) BBs

the Last 5 points is to add more flavour to your liking.

i got these:

2: Adrenaline rush (because i also use Last Stand like said above) - High alert or the enhanced smokerange can be useful too

3: Demolition Expert (to negate the debuff on your Firechance from IFHE) - Survivability Expert to mitigate the poor hp pool or Basics of survivabilty can be useful too

You can also go with Advanced firing training (4) and preventave maintanance (1) (AA Build) or any other combi you can think of.

Edit: Looked into the wiki and corrected my post. Also using the special module for smoke and Hydro (if you have) and the premium Smoke and Hydro consumable (don't bother with the Torpedoreloadbooster) is advised.

Thank you for your input, flamu was not much help in his review of this ship.

Perth it's better, Perth will do it better, Perth have that and this and the other one.

To the others.

Just keep trying your luck in every single container, if you start now, maybe, in  +- 150 containers you will receive a ship. 

• Cool 1