Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wilkatis_LV

Ship MB hitrates

9 comments in this topic

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles

WarshipsToday sort-of gives them to us, but it's just "this ship has that".

Problem is - some ships have 2 different gun selections, each with their unique properties, and even within one and the same gun - as AP and HE shell ballistics (weight, muzzle velocity, air drag) differ so does their unique accuracy (vertical accuracy values in particular)

Is there any resource that actually lets us see it in more detail? Like ship X has gun selections A and B - A has F% accuracy with AP and G% with HE, B has H% with AP and J% with HE

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,556 battles

In game HE and AP have the same accuracy, no difference.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,640 posts
9,896 battles
46 minutes ago, Arakus said:

Same accuracy but (sometimes) different flight time.

Players
2,233 posts
8,092 battles
3 horas antes, Arakus dijo:

Shell mass and initial speed also matter on how accurate they are (vertical dispersion), so the difference can be huge in some ships (for example, the new tier 7 french BB has 432 kg HE shells with a initial speed of 921 m/s, while the AP rounds weight 585 kg and go780 m/s)

[HOO]
Players
1,305 posts
2,868 battles
13 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

WarshipsToday sort-of gives them to us, but it's just "this ship has that".

Problem is - some ships have 2 different gun selections, each with their unique properties, and even within one and the same gun - as AP and HE shell ballistics (weight, muzzle velocity, air drag) differ so does their unique accuracy (vertical accuracy values in particular)

Is there any resource that actually lets us see it in more detail? Like ship X has gun selections A and B - A has F% accuracy with AP and G% with HE, B has H% with AP and J% with HE

Not that I've ever seen.

However you could go over to the HA server or shipcomrade.com and ask Little White Mouse if they have ever looked into this.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
10 hours ago, Arakus said:

Read what I wrote once more. They don't. Initial velocity, shell weight, shell air drag - those differ, thus their vertical accuracy differs :fish_palm:

5 hours ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Not that I've ever seen.

However you could go over to the HA server or shipcomrade.com and ask Little White Mouse if they have ever looked into this.

Thanks! I'll do that, it's at least something :cap_haloween:

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
10 hours ago, SeeteufeI said:

Same accuracy but (sometimes) different flight time.

And then there's NC with it's 701 m/s AP shell initial velocity. I still don't get how a BB can fire shells slower than an Atlanta which already has horrendous shell travel time and when you look at Atlanta it's 792 m/s.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
2 hours ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

And then there's NC with it's 701 m/s AP shell initial velocity. I still don't get how a BB can fire shells slower than an Atlanta which already has horrendous shell travel time and when you look at Atlanta it's 792 m/s.

Emden (commonly known as having terrible shell speeds) has 710m/s initial velocity, still better than NC :cap_haloween: But I guess NC simply doesn't lose too much speed over time - heavy shells should be able to carry on for much longer than lighter shells.

And also in NCs case - while her AP has 701 m/s initial velocity, HE goes at 820 m/s. That means there is a massive difference in her vertical accuracy:cap_hmm:

Sign in to follow this