Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dlia_Katyushi

A-140 F3 as a Replacement to Izumo

33 comments in this topic

Players
226 posts
1,739 battles

Izumo in game is based on A-140 J2 design, and now it is powercreeped hardcore by Musashi for her having better guns with better placement, better armour, better HP, 460 mm shells. My suggestion is to replace Izumo A-140 J2 with A-140 F3, which has Yamato like gun placement. WG already removed vehicles from game/tech tree (WT auf E100), so why not? We can keep the armour, AA and secondaries of Izumo for they are fine unlike the new BB lines with non-existent citadels.

Spoiler

KicstuW.png

aHkRZ3e.jpg

Edited by Dlia_Katyushi

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
974 posts
13,199 battles

But why thou ? Izumo is a great ship

• Funny 3

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,187 battles
4 minutes ago, Dlia_Katyushi said:

Izumo in game is based on A-140 J2 design

Except that according to that design all 3 turrets should have been forward-facing just like it is on the nelson. That's the only change the Izumo needs

• Cool 1

Players
226 posts
1,739 battles
4 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Except that according to that design all 3 turrets should have been forward-facing just like it is on the nelson. That's the only change the Izumo needs

Look at the edited post.

7 minutes ago, Corvi said:

Yes but Musashi is a lot better. Having Iowa like gun placement would feel much better.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,187 battles
4 minutes ago, Dlia_Katyushi said:

Look at the edited post.

Yes but Musashi is a lot better. Having Iowa like gun placement would feel much better.

The design from WGs wiki about Izumo in the "historical gallery" section ( http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Izumo )

1199px-%D0%9B%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1

All 3 forward facing

Musashi is a worse Yamato, and seeing how (at least the way I play them) Izumos superior to the Yamato - I'm pretty sure I'd take Izumo over the Musashi aswell.

Just having 460mm guns and then everything else being somewhere between garbage and meh doesn't make a ship good.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2

Players
226 posts
1,739 battles

Having 460 mm guns, 410 mm cit, 57 mm deck and 650 mm gun armour, 97K HP, same speed, 26.5 km range and you say this ship is meh? AA is garbage yes but CVs are non-existent. What does Izumo have over Musashi other than AA? Also check the proposals list. J2 is the Izumo.

[CAIN]
Players
2,836 posts
11,368 battles
30 minutes ago, Corvi said:

Yep.

28 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Pretty much this.

3 minutes ago, Dlia_Katyushi said:

Having 460 mm guns, 410 mm cit, 57 mm deck and 650 mm gun armour, 97K HP, same speed, 26.5 km range and you say this ship is meh? AA is garbage yes but CVs are non-existent. What does Izumo have over Musashi other than AA?

Well, she is not another Yamato clone, has her own rugged charme and plays differently then the Yamato sisters.

I don't see much much point having a light version of the Yamato at TIX when we have the Yamato at tier IX and X.

Should Wg decide to make a IJN BB line split, sure why not but replacing the Izumo is not needed.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Just give Zumo her 3rd front facing turret and the problems would be solved. I'd rebuy her for sure then.

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,927 posts
7,915 battles

Havent had this good of a laugh in a while

OC good post I agree, but two posts here just cracked me up too much.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

The design from WGs wiki about Izumo in the "historical gallery" section ( http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Izumo )

1199px-%D0%9B%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1

All 3 forward facing

Musashi is a worse Yamato, and seeing how (at least the way I play them) Izumos superior to the Yamato - I'm pretty sure I'd take Izumo over the Musashi aswell.

Just having 460mm guns and then everything else being somewhere between garbage and meh doesn't make a ship good.

Wat?

laughingape.jpg.3e9aaccec10f0a2390b94a1fdc5363e9.jpg

• Funny 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,187 battles
1 hour ago, MacFergus said:

Wat?

As I said -personal preference (that "the way I play" part).

Yamato has better AA, but the difference doesn't really change anything anyway. Secondaries are good enough for brown alert situations, don't really care about their differences.

A kt higher speed, better rudder shift, basically same radius. Slightly worse horizontal dispersion, but still that same great IJN accuracy. Same reload, both either use 6 guns or get citadelled by the ship they're firing at. Anything beyond 21km is wasted shot, so those extra 5-ish km are irrelevant. Higher shell velocity means its easier to hit ships further away and faster moving targets.

Izumo has basically no superstructure to shoot at severely reducing small caliber gun chances against you, as well as providing less target to hit for shells passing by. the big flat deck leaves a lot to be desired, but then again she's a fortress against AP not HE. Then again - most of her deck space is taken up by her 3 turrets creating a massive "no damage" zone for incoming HE fire.

And most of all - Izumo has a thing called "turret traverse". You can switch to a target popping up your side, you can get ready to fire at someone just for them to disappear and simply engage another target, you can engage a ship right next to you - and probably most importantly - you don't need to turn your ship in the same direction as your guns are rotating to attempt tracking a full speed DD at ranges where its still questionable if you can reliably land a shell on it or not.

I'm sure borderhumping windowlickers love their range build Yamatos - the perfect ship to sit as far as you can and snipe (the stupid combination of long range and good accuracy - you should have one not both similarly how slow speed and low range is a failed combination on low tier dreadnoughts) at whoever pops up on the other side of the map.  It's not the ship if you are actually useful for your team and play together with the fleet. Izumo can hold off a whole flank - Yamato can watch that Izumo doing so. And Musashi is just a worse version of that all.

[NED]
Players
1,776 posts
6,740 battles
8 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I would rebuy her if they did that i never felt good about kicking her out of my port on such a negative note.

Players
226 posts
1,739 battles
8 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

As I said -personal preference (that "the way I play" part).

Yamato has better AA, but the difference doesn't really change anything anyway. Secondaries are good enough for brown alert situations, don't really care about their differences.

A kt higher speed, better rudder shift, basically same radius. Slightly worse horizontal dispersion, but still that same great IJN accuracy. Same reload, both either use 6 guns or get citadelled by the ship they're firing at. Anything beyond 21km is wasted shot, so those extra 5-ish km are irrelevant. Higher shell velocity means its easier to hit ships further away and faster moving targets.

Izumo has basically no superstructure to shoot at severely reducing small caliber gun chances against you, as well as providing less target to hit for shells passing by. the big flat deck leaves a lot to be desired, but then again she's a fortress against AP not HE. Then again - most of her deck space is taken up by her 3 turrets creating a massive "no damage" zone for incoming HE fire.

And most of all - Izumo has a thing called "turret traverse". You can switch to a target popping up your side, you can get ready to fire at someone just for them to disappear and simply engage another target, you can engage a ship right next to you - and probably most importantly - you don't need to turn your ship in the same direction as your guns are rotating to attempt tracking a full speed DD at ranges where its still questionable if you can reliably land a shell on it or not.

I'm sure borderhumping windowlickers love their range build Yamatos - the perfect ship to sit as far as you can and snipe (the stupid combination of long range and good accuracy - you should have one not both similarly how slow speed and low range is a failed combination on low tier dreadnoughts) at whoever pops up on the other side of the map.  It's not the ship if you are actually useful for your team and play together with the fleet. Izumo can hold off a whole flank - Yamato can watch that Izumo doing so. And Musashi is just a worse version of that all.

Izumo is 32 mm all over the place while yamato is 57 mm deck and 50 mm front deck. If I get enough free XP, I want you to fight me; me in Musashi, you in Izumo. I guarantee you I will be dealing 10k+ damage to you with lol-angling guns every salvo while you struggle to do anything to me. Turret raverse is not important when you now how to position.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,930 battles
51 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

WoWs is not a duel...

Balancing is made for 12v12 random battles...

That's where you're wrong. :P

maxresdefault.jpg

RAMMING SPEED!!!!!! :Smile_izmena:

[SCRUB]
Players
2,228 posts
12,857 battles
27 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

That's where you're wrong. :P

RAMMING SPEED!!!!!! :Smile_izmena:

It's not duel. It's game of chicken. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,626 posts
8,112 battles

Nooo!

Don't remove my Awesom-o! :Smile_sad:

Izumo was holding my alltime damagerecord over most of my games! (until that cheap op ship Missouri crashed the party)

It is a fun ship and useful all around.

Why would you want to remove it?

giphy.gif

Players
649 posts
5,219 battles

I *hated* the Izumo until I got the right captain skills on her. After that she does a damn good job of what she is supposed to do.

IMHO that is the real thing with this ship. Before I got both Concealment Expert and Fire Prevention my experience was absolutely miserable, it is impossible to disengage without both of them. The captain (in-game) makes or breaks this ship.

Her numbers are fine the way they are, but at fix to her turrets to make them all face towards the bow would do a LOT to balance out her faults.

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles
2 hours ago, BattleshipAP said:

You cant even get a 50+% winrate in the Scharnhorst, what enables you to ridicule the statement of Izumo being a strong ship?

Because that's not what you said , I suggest you read what you wrote , You said there's nothing wrong with the Izumo , With todays power-creep its a floating pile of shite that's not really good at anything while other ships at tier 9 have an outstanding feature.

If you had a choice of T9 BBs to take into the game if Izumo would be your first pick then you need your head testing cos it wouldn't even be my 5th pick .

And what does my WR in the Shiny-horse have to do with my opinion ?.

But its nice to see other peoples stats but yours are private what gives?

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,930 battles
4 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

Nooo!

Don't remove my Awesom-o! :Smile_sad:

Izumo was holding my alltime damagerecord over most of my games! (until that cheap op ship Missouri crashed the party)

It is a fun ship and useful all around.

Why would you want to remove it?

giphy.gif

I absolutely have no idea how you can do anything with that crap.

I shoot and it's either : no hit at all, bounce, 0 dmg penetration, broken or overpenetration.

Once in every 10 battles I can have a lucky hit on a cruiser and citadel it. But only because the cruiser tries to outmanouver my shells and turns into one that would have passed it over...

Sign in to follow this