You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dragnorak

Has anyone else noticed??

91 comments in this topic

Players
570 posts
6,692 battles

I've started noticing that now my midweek games are as bad if not worse than my weekend games used to be. Has anyone else noticed this? Sort of like a general slide to worse and worse teams.  I now have games where I get to that point where I go yep we have won this and then your CV starts to cap the enemy base (Yep I'm not joking here) and it all sort of gets thrown away. 

Don't get me wrong here I'm not ranting about this, it is what it is but I just wondered if anyone else is seeing this general trend now or its just me having a bad run of it?

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
5,387 posts
6,781 battles

Yes, has been for some time now id say. Weekend teams dont exist anymore, its equally bad on all other days aswell.

Who wonders when WG is constantly lowering the bar and making everyone as bad as possible?

• Cool 1

[RDB2]
[RDB2]
Players
17 posts
5,689 battles

I think the game went down, because of the intro of WOWS into steam. Lots of player, bad gameplay

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
9 minutes ago, Dufour14 said:

I think the game went down, because of the intro of WOWS into steam. Lots of player, bad gameplay

nah.. it was bad way before steam...

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,535 posts
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It was never this way.

You could always have bad games on any day of the week.

True....been having a good run lately but it all went pear shaped last night with some atrocious teams....actually, some atrocious top tier in the battle ships....our only 2 T8s, Bismarks, in one battle chasing down a CV at the top of the map (and failing) while the rest of us were getting murdered in the middle. And a special mention to 2 pink Tirpitzs in another battle who found it fun to sit behind a rock miles out and snipe from extreme distance again while they were the only T8s (top tier). In both cases these special players finished bottom 2 in the battle results. All swings and roundabouts though.

• Boring 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,792 posts
11,013 battles
9 minutes ago, Dufour14 said:

I doubt that this had an impact yet, the steam release was not so long ago and people didn't had the time to power fail grind their way through all tiers yet. 

The issue are the players who have accumulated lots of games.

The higher tiers are over saturated with bad players and it the more of them reach higher tiers, the more appearant it becomes.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,186 posts
12,589 battles
24 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Who wonders when WG is constantly lowering the bar and making everyone as bad as possible?

They got tired of Weekend Warriors threads... :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 3

Players
910 posts
11,126 battles
14 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

I doubt that this had an impact yet, the steam release was not so long ago and people didn't had the time to power fail grind their way through all tiers yet. 

In PvE I see a fair amount of inexperienced players nowadays in lower tiers, which is a good thing. I tend to not use my lower tier ships too much these days for this reason, as I don't want to screw with their game experience.

On the other hand, while they might still be on lower tiers in the tech tree, I also experience the classic, old, nigh-forgotten Derpitz-apocalypse: slots of T8 ships filled with 2-4 Tirpitzes shooting HE at point-blank broadsides while stationary, having intercourses with islands or suiciding by ramming few hundred HP targets. And of course, steam-flag carriers with hundred games commanding in chat.

It's almost nostalgic.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,010 posts

I noticed a shift in the complaint threads. Less on weekends more on weekdays.

I did never notice any change in player skills or behavior in the game depending on weekends, holidays, or other self declared reasons often seen on the forums.

All these threads have one thing in common: They serve no real purpose other then to blame players for not being as good as the OP, and those who agree, want them to be.

Why not simply accept that not everyone can be an unicum and that not everyone has the same grasp about game concepts, tactics, or the same ability to judge oponents movements?

• Cool 3

Players
455 posts
9,987 battles

Two facts: the daily average number of players increased  and never ever had so many landslide games like 10/12-0/2.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,640 posts
9,896 battles
50 minutes ago, Dufour14 said:

Why should steam users be worse than the others?

[NWP]
Players
5,387 posts
6,781 battles
13 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Why not simply accept that not everyone can be an unicum and that not everyone has the same grasp about game concepts, tactics, or the same ability to judge oponents movements?

Why accept that the majority of this game is played by really bad players who dont understand anything? WG could force teach them atleast a little bit.

Why are some ppl playing PvP when they seem to have no intention to fight? Why do ppl play like they have lost from the start? Just an example from this yesterday on shatter. We spawned in the north at C. Enemy DD tried to flank, but our khaba was doing the same, so khaba wins. Meanwhile we get C and fight of an enemy Saint-Louis. Where are the BBs u ask? somewhere 18km BEHIND C! Yamato was playing stationary fort in his spawn, shooting probably from 26km + maybe spotter plane :cap_haloween:. At some point the Saint-Louis reached the map border in the south, accompanied by his 3 BBs... Needlessly to say, they all died doing pretty much nothing....

So yes, not everyone is supposed to be Unicum, but atleast play the game FFS.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
185 posts
3,446 battles
19 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

I did never notice any change in player skills or behavior in the game depending on weekends, holidays, or other self declared reasons often seen on the forums.

All these threads have one thing in common: They serve no real purpose other then to blame players for not being as good as the OP, and those who agree, want them to be.

^^This Agree.

Players
137 posts
6,579 battles
3 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Why should steam users be worse than the others?

Steam will undoubtedly bring in alot of new players who have never played the game before, hence the comment

Players
980 posts
6,184 battles

Who cares? With worse payers your performance should be through the roof.

I really don't mind that the level of play is lower here after the ranked grind. Every game is a breeze even if you don't win

Players
1,676 posts
12,719 battles

I always get this feeling around Christmas time, and usually it gets better around March. I guess a lot of potatoes usually otherwise occupied people come back for the New Year events and keep playing for a while until they get bored again.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,640 posts
9,896 battles
2 minutes ago, _Xaero_ said:

Steam will undoubtedly bring in alot of new players who have never played the game before, hence the comment

Yet they're still not worse than any other player that has the same amount of battles.

Additionally I'd say new players are a good thing.

• Cool 1

Players
137 posts
6,579 battles
7 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Yet they're still not worse than any other player that has the same amount of battles.

Additionally I'd say new players are a good thing.

They are, but it's probably the reason why OP is experiencing issues, new players mean it will bring the type of player that buys a high tier premium but have no idea how to use it, etc :P

[BLITZ]
Players
2,640 posts
9,896 battles
38 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

not everyone can be an unicum

But I want everyone to be better than average! :Smile-angry:

• Funny 5

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,010 posts
1 minute ago, SeeteufeI said:

But I want everyone to be better than average! :Smile-angry:

Luckily I know you are joking.

That is an impossible demand.

• Cool 1

Players
570 posts
6,692 battles
48 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

I'm not making comparisons I'm making an observation and checking to see if its a valid one or not.  The thread serves a purpose for me, I don't overly care if it doesn't for you. I'm also not blaming players for not being as good as me or as good as I expect them to be, I did state I'm not ranting here.

I Do accept that there are a vast variety of player skill out there but as i stated I have noticed that there appear to be more and more players of low calibre. 

The bit I don't understand is this. we all started playing the game, I started playing the game, we all improved, my games were on whole all pretty good. Then weekends started to become an anomaly, now weekdays are doing the same.

Why are these new players not learning like we all did? I don't get it.. Unless it's just a numbers thing and in the earlier days the pool of players was smaller so the pool of good players you encountered was larger and now that balance has shifted to the low side..

Beta Tester
966 posts
9,785 battles

I used to play mid mornings, early afternoons, and very late nights. My reasoning was that the school kids would be either at school or going to bed. Times to avoid were late afternoons, early evenings, late Friday nights. Now the games have in the recent past been bad no matter the time of day. I've tried to work out what demographic group would be playing then, but I can't work it out. I'm still not playing.

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,713 battles

Honestly? I have noticed that lately yes.... I've started gringing my way through the IJN BB line and am now at Nagato, and I have to say I don't enjoy her. It's not that it's a bad ship, but the teams since this weekend have been absolutely terrible. So now it's not about which team is better but which one is less bad.

And I know that it's not the nagato's fault (i'd probably be somewhere similar with any other tier 7 bb), but I've been top tier in it quite often, all while wishing I was thrown into a tier 9 match in which the players on both teams might be "slightly" more competent.

Guess I need to wait for my divisionmate to come back to wows to make it a little more enjoyable

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,010 posts
3 minutes ago, Dragnorak said:

Why are these new players not learning like we all did? I don't get it.. Unless it's just a numbers thing and in the earlier days the pool of players was smaller so the pool of good players you encountered was larger and now that balance has shifted to the low side..

Maybe because it is just an imagination and your memory playing tricks on you?

There is no statistical evidence that I am aware of that would proof your theory.

• Cool 1