Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ViceAdmiralMorgan

Clan / Logo

37 comments in this topic

[VMV]
Players
41 posts
8,003 battles

Hello Captains.,

Any idea how we can update/upload a logo for our Clan in Wows ?

Can find it for Wot but not for World Of Warships.

Many tnx fr anybodies kind assistance.

• Cool 1

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,107 posts
27,225 battles

Go to this link

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/9262-add-clan-icon/&do=findComment&comment=51271

Quote Below from the Link Above. 

I'm collecting WoWs clan icons that will be visible in certain mods. In example:

If you're interested please send me in a PM or in this topic your clan name (clan tags only - basicaly what you see in the brackets) and your clan icon in png format 24x24 px.

• Cool 2

Players
4,085 posts
7,025 battles

Wouldnt it be cool, if we could have the clan logo visible on the ships? or as a flag maybe?

I know this from atleast one other game - World in Conflict - where the logo was visible on all vehicles.

screen0227.jpg

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,717 posts
16,313 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

Wouldnt it be cool, if we could have the clan logo visible on the ships? or as a flag maybe?

I know this from atleast one other game - World in Conflict - where the logo was visible on all vehicles.

Tanks has that Already...... Clan Logo on ships Funnels or something would be great or as a Second mountable flag even better..

• Cool 4

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
14 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Pretty sure WoT has that, I recall my tanks having Duxter symbol on their front plates :cap_haloween: Would be nice to have them

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,432 posts
12,031 battles
26 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

screen0227.jpg

How peculiar. I was thinking about WiC only yesterday. Such fond memories of that game. In fact, iirc, WiC was the first time I got properly into online multiplayer gaming.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,067 posts
7,531 battles

You can certainly do this in WOT, although there was a bug for a while that meant it disappeared for about a patch's duration, at least...

[CAIN]
Players
2,794 posts
11,013 battles
1 hour ago, iFax said:

A flag option would be my first choice.

I consider this to be the only real option. But that's just personal taste.

[DAVY]
Players
1,668 posts
9,931 battles

they (WG) have already said as much, that it will be coming in some form eventually...

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles

Thing with Flags is... well, you don't really see them, do you? You see allies when they are next to you, and you see yours - but it's too small to see through the scope while looking at an enemy.

That's kinda why I like the funnel idea - potential for a bigger logo, easier to see and show off :Smile_teethhappy:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,717 posts
16,313 battles
11 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Thing with Flags is... well, you don't really see them, do you? You see allies when they are next to you, and you see yours - but it's too small to see through the scope while looking at an enemy.

That's kinda why I like the funnel idea - potential for a bigger logo, easier to see and show off :Smile_teethhappy:

Thats why we need battle Ensigns Baby.. (Could not find Good RN pic)Cv23mesWgAASF9S.thumb.jpg.1af221d03fde94a05c6bed5469b95d19.jpg

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,785 posts
16,099 battles

Well ships historically had Crests on the bow or identifying markings (number) on the side of the front superstructure. These might also be viable spots.:cap_hmm:

bow.jpg.dcda973d72942cee748067ea045fba3f.jpg

Bow would be my personal favorite...:cap_like:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,717 posts
16,313 battles
2 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Well ships historically had Crests on the bow or identifying markings (number) on the side of the front superstructure. These might also be viable spots.:cap_hmm:

bow.jpg.dcda973d72942cee748067ea045fba3f.jpg

Bow would be my personal favorite...:cap_like:

Not all... though.. IJN Yes but the other nations not so much.. Also Bow badges would be small..

[ONE2]
Players
2,785 posts
16,099 battles

True dat @T0byJug, perhaps in the front face of the superstructure or like some totally anonymous and unknown person (no idea, who tah might be, honestly) has already suggested, the funnel would allow it to be more prominent. :cap_old:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,717 posts
16,313 battles
29 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

True dat @T0byJug, perhaps in the front face of the superstructure or like some totally anonymous and unknown person (no idea, who tah might be, honestly) has already suggested, the funnel would allow it to be more prominent. :cap_old:

I suggested Funnel.. But personally i go for flags. Easer to do.. one size fits all. 

Players
910 posts
11,126 battles

I'd also go with flags for the sole reason not to screw with the ships aesthetics, though when I think about what kind of "camouflages" de we have ingame, maybe clan logos on the hull / funnel aren't a huge concern actually...

In some cases, it's even historical. Kinda.

Spoiler

Yamato1945-034.jpg

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

any logo needs strict vetting. i remember old CS when someone put image from goatse.cx in spray logo...

[XODUS]
Players
797 posts
4,757 battles
5 hours ago, T0byJug said:

Thats why we need battle Ensigns Baby.. (Could not find Good RN pic)

I agree that Ensigns are the best bet for Clan Logos, its basically a third Flag that can be added, its already been proven possible with Yamamoto's special flag.
image.png.c425207365e3b171371db60d8ee13c32.png

This is the best i've got, and bonus points for Naming
The Movie, The Ship and Ship she was playing

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,717 posts
16,313 battles
4 minutes ago, JaiFoh said:

I agree that Ensigns are the best bet for Clan Logos, its basically a third Flag that can be added, its already been proven possible with Yamamoto's special flag.
image.png.c425207365e3b171371db60d8ee13c32.png

This is the best i've got, and bonus points for Naming
The Movie, The Ship and Ship she was playing

MMMM Battle of River plate by some chance.. Only Color movie i can think of with a Crown colony class. If i remember this is  HMS Jamaica representing HMS Exeter. The scene is when they were commenting from the flag ship that Exeter looked FINE with her Battle ensigns up

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,785 posts
16,099 battles

Jamaica posing as Exeter @T0byJug? :Smile_amazed: Oh well, that explains it... Thought something was off with the turrets or else I was hallucinating. Of course, at the primitive times this movie was made, no-one could yet figure out the difference between 2 and 3... Or at the least that would explain so many things, hehehe! :Smile_Default:

[XODUS]
Players
797 posts
4,757 battles
7 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

MMMM Battle of River plate by some chance.. Only Color movie i can think of with a Crown colony class. If i remember this is  HMS Jamaica representing HMS Exeter. The scene is when they were commenting from the flag ship that Exeter looked FINE with her Battle ensigns up

Correct 
The reasoning for this Scene is that Exeter did hoist Battle Ensigns during the battle, five of them to be exact
Top of the Main, Port and Starboard Yard arms, Top of the Mizzen and lower Mizzen. 

Jamaica posing as Exeter @T0byJug? :Smile_amazed: Oh well, that explains it... Thought something was off with the turrets or else I was hallucinating. Of course, at the primitive times this movie was made, no-one could yet figure out the difference between 2 and 3... Or at the least that would explain so many things, hehehe! :Smile_Default:

Artistic licence, the Graf Spee was played by the USS Salem

Sign in to follow this