Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Division window in port

30 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
8,366 posts
10,845 battles

So, once again:

Could @MrConway, @Tuccy, @Crysantos or @Kandly tell me why the previous division panel had to be changed and exactly how the new implementation was deemed superiour?

Because there doesn't pass a single gaming session in divisions without someone complaining about the new division window and for good reasons:

It minimizes after games, meaning you have to manually select it anew all the time.

Even trimmed down to the absolute minimum it takes up a huge amount of space in port view and when minimized you have to bring it up again just to see what ships your mates are bringing.

It's tied to the chat system which is barely working at the best of times and we already witnessed what happens if the chat server crashes ... people can't division up, can't get out of divisions and can't start games when in a division.

Meanwhile the previous system was entirely sufficient. People on voice-coms not using the division chat could simply minimize it and that was that, whereas the ship selection window was discretely packed non-obstrusively in the port UI. It was also fully functional when the chat wasn't working (hint hint).

So please, can we PLEASE have the old system back? The new one, for lack of charming descriptions, sucks balls.

• Cool 20

[SNUBS]
Players
1,338 posts
7,123 battles
13 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Meanwhile the previous system was entirely sufficient

This.

there was no point reworking it.

• Cool 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
32 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

So, once again:

Could @MrConway, @Tuccy, @Crysantos or @Kandly tell me why the previous division panel had to be changed and exactly how the new implementation was deemed superiour?

Because there doesn't pass a single gaming session in divisions without someone complaining about the new division window and for good reasons:

It minimizes after games, meaning you have to manually select it anew all the time.

Even trimmed down to the absolute minimum it takes up a huge amount of space in port view and when minimized you have to bring it up again just to see what ships your mates are bringing.

It's tied to the chat system which is barely working at the best of times and we already witnessed what happens if the chat server crashes ... people can't division up, can't get out of divisions and can't start games when in a division.

Meanwhile the previous system was entirely sufficient. People on voice-coms not using the division chat could simply minimize it and that was that, whereas the ship selection window was discretely packed non-obstrusively in the port UI. It was also fully functional when the chat wasn't working (hint hint).

So please, can we PLEASE have the old system back? The new one, for lack of charming descriptions, sucks balls.

Plus you still can't see the full name of your division mates if they are a bit longer. So there are zero advantages compared to the old system.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,476 posts
24,966 battles

In the future please don't attempt to fix stuff that already works!! There is plenty of broken stuff that you can work on. Please revert to old since this is pure garbage

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles

There was no reason to change it, and the new one just straight up sucks... All for taking a step back to the old one :cap_like:

[OGHF]
Players
816 posts
13,309 battles

No good saying about it in this forum, you need to go to the feedback on update forum.

already asked the question there.

MrConway
  • Community Coordinator
  •  
  • [WG-EU]
  • MrConway
  • WG Staff
  •  
  • 1,067 posts
  • 1,700 battles
  • LocationParis, France
   On 24/01/2018 at 10:30 AM,  Cyclops_ said: 

@MrConway Please, Please change the Division window back to how it was, it was fine as it was, it was not in the way like it is now, WHY CHANGE SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT BROKEN!!!, please change it back.

I can't promise there will be any changes, but we have forwarded this particular feedback to our devs already.

aqOyLBW.gifcommunity_coordinatorb7ola.gif

MrConway

• Community Coordinator
  •  
  • [WG-EU]
  • MrConway
  • WG Staff
  •  
  • 1,067 posts
  • 1,700 battles
  • LocationParis, France
   On 24/01/2018 at 10:30 AM,  Cyclops_ said: 

@MrConway Please, Please change the Division window back to how it was, it was fine as it was, it was not in the way like it is now, WHY CHANGE SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT BROKEN!!!, please change it back.

I can't promise there will be any changes, but we have forwarded this particular feedback to our devs already.

aqOyLBW.gifcommunity_coordinatorb7ola.gif

[SCRUB]
Players
2,188 posts
12,589 battles
2 hours ago, Aotearas said:

(...)

Although new system reeks of incompetence, you don't need to actually do anything to get ready for the new battle. Just click 'ready' button on top (same as 'battle' button). No need to open division window again. :Smile_hiding:

But - I can't stress it enough - new system sucks indeed...

[SCRUB]
Players
8,366 posts
10,845 battles
23 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Although new system reeks of incompetence, you don't need to actually do anything to get ready for the new battle. Just click 'ready' button on top (same as 'battle' button). No need to open division window again. :Smile_hiding:

But - I can't stress it enough - new system sucks indeed...

Aye, but you don't see what ships your divisionmates selected unless you have that window open.

[BOTS]
Beta Tester
207 posts
7,485 battles

Another classic "If its not broken, break it" situation from a WG dev team.

I mean this must have been passed off by some one to get in the patch right ?, obviously not some one who plays the game on a regular basis to know how unnecessary and annoying this 1 change is.

Players
66 posts

Yeah +1 for changing it back. I was curious when they did it and assumed it would improve lag in port but if anything it is more cumbersome. Yeah I know wrong thread but hey its here so might as well get my oar in.

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles

The new one seems to always be in the way of something, so you either need to keep it minimised, which makes it useless, or you need to move it every time you change port tabs.

Change back, please.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,062 posts
15,733 battles

Maybe this is WG's way of nerfing divs. Make creating and maintaining them so finicky that most people won't bother doing so. :Smile_trollface:

Players
2,170 posts
5 hours ago, lameoll said:

This.

there was no point reworking it.

What they all said. 

There was nothing wrong with the old window and there's a lot wrong with this one. Please change it back it's the opposite of an improvement.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
85 posts
3,901 battles

Agree with everyone, please change back to the old division window

[DAVY]
Players
2,537 posts

Having a Razer Naga (12 button mouse) I am getting pretty annoyed as my 3 button is 'speak' in TS....I just fill the chat section of the division box with a million 3's every time I talk in port :Smile_Default:  Change it back please.

EDIT - Although, if the ingame control setting changes currently on the test server go live, this part of the forum will be filled with far more than a complaint about a little box. :Smile_sceptic:  Especially for us lefties.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,208 posts
8,367 battles

Funny ... I use Razer Elite and I use side button (dont ask me about the number) to talk on TS, yet nothing gets pushed to chat.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,188 posts
12,589 battles
11 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Aye, but you don't see what ships your divisionmates selected unless you have that window open.

That's why in TS we trust...

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

Run it back! :Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this