You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lord0

Should I re-buy Pensacola before USN Cruiser split?

20 comments in this topic

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
251 posts
3,147 battles

If I buy the Pensacola BEFORE the USN Cruiser split what happens after?

I know that the Pensacola itself will move down to Tier 6.

Will we be provided with one of the new Cruisers at Tier 7 as well, as a replacement?

i.e. after split will I have the Pensacola at Tier 6 and A.N. Other at Tier 7 or...?

Beta Tester
268 posts
8,723 battles

Normally, you get the ship and it's replacement, so if you have tier 7 Pensacola, you will get the tier 6 Pensacola and the tier 7 New Orleans when the split occurs

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
251 posts
3,147 battles
Just now, Jellicoe1916 said:

Normally, you get the ship and it's replacement, so if you have tier 7 Pensacola, you will get the tier 6 Pensacola and the tier 7 New Orleans when the split occurs

Thanks

And if I had the Pensacola AND New Orleans?

Would that result in Tier 6 Pensa, Tier 7 NO, Tier 7 A. N. Other,  Tier 8 A. N. Other?

Beta Tester
268 posts
8,723 battles
5 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

Thanks

And if I had the Pensacola AND New Orleans?

Would that result in Tier 6 Pensa, Tier 7 NO, Tier 7 A. N. Other,  Tier 8 A. N. Other?

You would get the tier 6 Pensacola, tier 7 New Orleans and the tier 8 Baltimore after the split if you had Tier 7 Pensacola and Tier 8 New Orleans before the split 

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
251 posts
3,147 battles
Just now, Jellicoe1916 said:

You would get the tier 6 Pensacola, tier 7 New Orleans and the tier 8 Baltimore after the split if you had Tier 7 Pensacola and Tier 8 New Orleans before the split 

Succinct. Thank you

[POP]
Players
396 posts
8,813 battles

S_O confirmed somewhere (can't find it) that to get the full benefit of the split you need to have ships from Cleveland to Baltimore in your port.

Players
131 posts
1,021 battles

IF split will be handled same way as before biggest bang for your bucks is Cleveland - you will get free T8 Cleveland in new branch + T6 Pepsi in current branch.

Having T7 Pepsi will yield T6 Pepsi + T7 NO ....

If you will have both 2x T6 Pepsi means you will get value of one in credits. And this will be true all the way till Baltimore.

So technically yes - to get full benefit you should get all the CA's till Baltimore. But biggest part of this profit is in owning Cleveland as it is the only up-tiered ship of this split.

[ZEN]
Players
12 posts
9,850 battles

Has there been any talk lately about when the actual US cruiser line split is to happen?

[FUSO]
Players
73 posts
4,799 battles
1 minute ago, KronTD said:

Has there been any talk lately about when the actual US cruiser line split is to happen?

After the french BB release. French Bb's are pretty darn close, i would say March-April

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,721 posts
8,716 battles

I'm sitting here wondering about optimal permanent camo purchase if that's something you want for the line.

When ships get moved down you keep the camo of the ship as it moves down but also gain a new one on the ship replacing it. So I'm wondering if buying every other premium camo would be the most tactical choice...

That's assuming you want every camo on the line of course.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

When RU DDs got split the patch notes stated all the compensation so you can wait and see.

[-TAP-]
Players
146 posts
5,793 battles

The Pepsi is comfortably the worst ship in my stable that I've had a decent number of games in - I just couldn't make it work for me. The only problem I have is that crappy win rate sitting there mocking me. I made a concerted effort last week to get it up to at least 50% before it gets retired, but although I got within 2 wins of it, I hit a bad patch and got down to needing a 9 win string for it :cap_old:.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,476 posts
24,966 battles
2 hours ago, Nechrom said:

I'm sitting here wondering about optimal permanent camo purchase if that's something you want for the line.

When ships get moved down you keep the camo of the ship as it moves down but also gain a new one on the ship replacing it. So I'm wondering if buying every other premium camo would be the most tactical choice...

That's assuming you want every camo on the line of course.

If I hadn't any premium camo's I would consider buying camo's for Cleveland, Pensacola and Baltimore the most profitable investment. You basically get 2 T-VIII camo's for free doing that.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,721 posts
8,716 battles
3 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

If I hadn't any premium camo's I would consider buying camo's for Cleveland, Pensacola and Baltimore the most profitable investment. You basically get 2 T-VIII camo's for free doing that.

That was what I initially thought. You could also go for Des Moines and New Orleans instead of Baltimore and Pensacola. That way you get a tier 9 and tier 7 camo for free.

But I'm not even close to getting the Des Moines, so I probably won't have time unless I start grinding which I don't really want to.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,476 posts
24,966 battles

Des Moines stays at T-X so no benefit from it in the camo swaps occurring when ships move up and down in Tiers. Most important and most profitable buy would be Cleveland since you get camo's worth 4000 for 1000 doubloons.  

Beta Tester
2,658 posts
10,306 battles

Sometimes they move stuff around.

Kiev was initially supposed to go from T7 to T9, but they changed their mind. 

So until the final announcement, there is no way to know anything for sure. 

[DC_DK]
Players
2,476 posts
24,966 battles
4 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Sometimes they move stuff around.

Kiev was initially supposed to go from T7 to T9, but they changed their mind. 

So until the final announcement, there is no way to know anything for sure. 

You're right sometimes WG goes there own way. Not always we can see the WG logic

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,721 posts
8,716 battles
9 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Des Moines stays at T-X so no benefit from it in the camo swaps occurring when ships move up and down in Tiers. Most important and most profitable buy would be Cleveland since you get camo's worth 4000 for 1000 doubloons.  

Right... I don't know why I thought that the Des Moines was moving as well. Derp. :cap_book:

My Cleveland have had premium camo for a long time. Such a gem of a ship deserves one.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,476 posts
24,966 battles

Agrees, already have premum camo's on all my US ships (full tech tree). except Lexington, Essex and Midway. which is harbour queens and probably never will see combat.. Can't help it I'm a sucker for camo's