You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rusty_9

To all posters who want to rant...

22 comments in this topic

[W-C]
Players
631 posts
3,227 battles

...please do not do it here!

There is a lot of rant's on this forum about XYZ ship being OP (Conq, Loyang etc), and ABC feature being abused/over-used (Hydro, Radar etc).

Whilst I appreciate you find these a burden etc., plenty others (the silent majority :Smile_hiding:) seem to get on fine without ranting on the forums.

In future, can you ask for help how to counter said OP ship or adapt to the new smoke changes, and those of us trying to learn would be able to pick up the gems without trawling through the slag-heap of non-value-adding trash-talk?

disclaimer; My highest tier ship is a T5 DD so I know, I don't know the pain of radar and Hydro much... or anything about Conqueror yet... but hey, I'll need to know what to look for when I get there!

Kudos all!

• Bad 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,792 posts
11,013 battles

So, did i understand you correctly that you think that people who complain about ships/ mechanics asf ( be it justified or not ) shouldn't post or start threads but starting a complaint thread about people who complain is fine? 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[AMOK]
Players
1,357 posts
6,995 battles
11 minutes ago, Rusty_9 said:

Really? Cmon .. LearnToFilter :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[W-C]
Players
631 posts
3,227 battles

Fair comment!

I find there are a lot of helpful folk on these forums, and an absolute goldmine of advice/experience. It just gets a bit frustrating when you have to wade through 3-4 pages of 'it is OP' vs 'its not OP' to find the valuable, actionable suggestions.

Or like the smoke... I blame myself, but I hadn't realised DD's could still spot in it until I read the current 'Smoke Changes Experience' post. Although I do want to verify that... :cap_book:

Sorry if this is a hypocritical post!

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,068 battles

Well, if you want advice without rants, just make your own thread asking for it ^^

Nicely asked questions are usually answered without any OP/Not-OP crap.

• Cool 2

[SNUBS]
Players
1,338 posts
7,123 battles

I would agree that ppl complain too fast and most of the topics are just L2p issue's.

That does not mean ppl should not come to the forums to talk about ships that are overpowerd or underpowerd.

16 minutes ago, Rusty_9 said:

Whilst I appreciate you find these a burden etc., plenty others (the silent majority :Smile_hiding:) seem to get on fine without ranting on the forums.

and these ppl dont know how to find the forums. mostly because they dont care and some because they are too stupid. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

There's plenty of posts on how to respond to so called OP radar and hydro.

It's just that no one listens and they prefer to blame things other than their own ability.

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,713 battles

But....forums are for ranting

[W-C]
Players
631 posts
3,227 battles

OK... :fish_boom::fish_viking:  

bad idea, and execution was even worse :fish_nerv:

Appreciate the comments tho guys... 

14 minutes ago, Donar79 said:

Really? Cmon .. LearnToFilter :cap_haloween:

...I'll get back to my reading and filtering:etc_hide_turtle:

:Smile_honoring:

Players
100 posts
2 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

So, did i understand you correctly that you think that people who complain about ships/ mechanics asf shouldn't post or start threads but starting a complaint thread about people who complain is fine?

You did not understand the op correctly. The op ask that instead of ranting posters ask for help in the hope that constructive solutions can be found.

Example: 

instead of: Radar is op a sucks!!!1!!!1!°

this: how do I deal with radar?

or: newbies who buy premiums are ruining the game and should be punished!!!11!!!!!1!!!

could translate into: how can we help newbies become better players?

or:Really? C'mon learn to filter!!

could be: I hear you. my advice is not to linger on the ranting

• Cool 1

Players
100 posts
37 minutes ago, lameoll said:

and these ppl dont know how to find the forums. mostly because they dont care and some because they are too stupid. 

oh, plenty of stupid people find these forums...

• Funny 1

[W-C]
Players
631 posts
3,227 battles

Thanks @justadude0815 - you got the point of what I was looking for (and put it better than I did) but I do kind of get where the others are coming from too!

Hope to meet you in game sometime :cap_like:

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,300 posts
8,410 battles

I actually find it useful cause It gives me some information on ships form players that encounters them/plays them.

Some posts are stupid but they usually get flamed while if you have a point in your rant then it's not a bad thing.

Players
763 posts
3,895 battles

Ill begin my Rant

Deep breath

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN

Something in German

NEIN.

Okay Im done :Smile_trollface:

But I like how you actually care about other people losing their brain cells:cap_like:

2 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

or anything about Conqueror yet

You DO NOT Want to face her.... She WILL Conquer your soul Ship. Just see some videos on her... 

plenty others (the silent majority :Smile_hiding:) seem to get on fine without ranting on the forums.

Cuz we are probably too busy posting in Off-Topic or creating another rant topic

Thanks :cap_book: Tho Ill have you know I dont ever rant :cap_popcorn:

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[DREAD]
Players
7,169 posts
5,658 battles

There is a lot of rant's on this forum about XYZ ship being OP (Conq, Loyang etc), and ABC feature being abused/over-used (Hydro, Radar etc).

In future, can you ask for help how to counter said OP ship or adapt to the new smoke changes, and those of us trying to learn would be able to pick up the gems without trawling through the slag-heap of non-value-adding trash-talk?

disclaimer; My highest tier ship is a T5 DD so I know, I don't know the pain of radar and Hydro much... or anything about Conqueror yet... but hey, I'll need to know what to look for when I get there!

Kudos all!

Er... how about just no/nein? If people want to discuss or even complain the forum is an excellent forum (see what I did here?). 

So yea, thank you for your valuable contribution

Players
100 posts
1 hour ago, Rusty_9 said:

Thanks @justadude0815 - you got the point of what I was looking for (and put it better than I did) but I do kind of get where the others are coming from too!

Hope to meet you in game sometime :cap_like:

I get the frustration too. However toxicity will not make the issues go away. Working together we can make things better.

Take care and good hunting.

Players
204 posts
329 battles

constructive.png

The internet war is long ower:

Spoiler

Guess who won!?

Spoiler

So without further ado:

Spoiler

idiots.jpg

There is no such thing as a stupid question on the internet, it's chaos!

Spoiler

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,186 posts
12,589 battles
20 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

(...)

(...)

Silent Majority doesn't approve your message. :Smile_veryhappy:

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles
21 hours ago, domen3 said:

But....forums are for ranting

You mean trolling :Smile_trollface: