Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Borgnine

Ships in Harbor

19 comments in this topic

[6-GBK]
Players
705 posts

Hello Team, what about a future update of the following idea. As we all know we have fabulous ships and fabulous Harbors. You can choose a ship and if you dont choose another one the Chosen is always in sight, standard. You can choose a Harbor and it becomes standard if you dont change it. So following idea, you choose a french ship and it is always in a french harbor. You choose a US Ship and it is always in USA, until you change that setting yourself. Its just an Idea but maybe People would like it.

• Cool 2

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,732 posts
6,135 battles

I'd like to have all my ships visible in port, with only the one currently selected in the dry dock :)

• Cool 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,010 posts

Nah, don't like the idea.

I already don't like it that the game always defaults to the premium harbor the moment you activate premium time. If I set a harbor I want that one to stay until I change it to something different.

• Cool 2

[XODUS]
Players
795 posts
4,757 battles
11 minutes ago, Borgnine said:

Hello Team, what about a future update of the following idea. As we all know we have fabulous ships and fabulous Harbors. You can choose a ship and if you dont choose another one the Chosen is always in sight, standard. You can choose a Harbor and it becomes standard if you dont change it. So following idea, you choose a french ship and it is always in a french harbor. You choose a US Ship and it is always in USA, until you change that setting yourself. Its just an Idea but maybe People would like it.

Way to Resource intensive for most Potato powered PC's
Not to mention the Server Hamsters 

I just like to laugh and imagine how they managed to get some of the T9 & 10 Battleships and CV's into Dunkirk Harbour without a 3 million point turn

[ONE2]
Players
2,785 posts
16,080 battles

Woot? Doesn't it already do all that by default anyway?:Smile_amazed: I always have the same harbor (Zipangu) and my choice ship (Mogami) ready every time I log in. or is that just by accident or something? :cap_hmm:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,711 posts
16,313 battles
53 minutes ago, philjd said:

I'd like to have all my ships visible in port, with only the one currently selected in the dry dock :)

They would need a new harbour Like Scapa flow. I have over 110 ships in port at the moment

• Cool 3

Players
680 posts
5,059 battles

It would have to load all those harbours and the ship when you swich I am glad when it only loads the ship within 10 seconds in ocean but I would like to be able to ring the horn in port. 

Players
910 posts
11,126 battles

Yeah, it would murder the computing power.

My "dream" would be a "clan port" similarly to the clan main screen. You could see buildings you erect actually in 3D, see your online mates' ships leaving port when they go to battle, use the drydocks you built etc.

But of course, that would (too) be unnecessary fluff, if it would be even achievable. 

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,732 posts
6,135 battles
4 hours ago, T0byJug said:

They would need a new harbour Like Scapa flow. I have over 110 ships in port at the moment

Well, we already have ocean as a harbour, add a few islands... or the ships shown could be a selection from what is in port, the number depending on the size of the port itself :)

(Wouldn't be able to fit many into the London one, for example :) )

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,711 posts
16,313 battles
1 hour ago, philjd said:

Well, we already have ocean as a harbour, add a few islands... or the ships shown could be a selection from what is in port, the number depending on the size of the port itself :)

(Wouldn't be able to fit many into the London one, for example :) )

London has always annoyed me... Its like Guys for god Sake Portsmouth.  HMS Victory and the Warrior  in the background and the historic dockyard would be Epic

• Cool 3

[XODUS]
Players
795 posts
4,757 battles
1 hour ago, T0byJug said:

London has always annoyed me... Its like Guys for god Sake Portsmouth.  HMS Victory and the Warrior  in the background and the historic dockyard would be Epic

HMS Warrior was a refueling hulk at Pembroke Dock at the time
But yeah HMNB Portsmouth should be in the game as you could throw so much there, especially if its set during a Fleet Review

You could have
HMS Victory, HMS Mary Rose, HMS Warrior, HMS M33,
HMS Dreadnought being built
All of the former men of war that were the torpedo and gunnery training schools

I'd also like to see Grand Harbour of Valletta too as well

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,711 posts
16,313 battles
32 minutes ago, JaiFoh said:

HMS Warrior was a refueling hulk at Pembroke Dock at the time
But yeah HMNB Portsmouth should be in the game as you could throw so much there, especially if its set during a Fleet Review

You could have
HMS Victory, HMS Mary Rose, HMS Warrior, HMS M33,
HMS Dreadnought being built
All of the former men of war that were the torpedo and gunnery training schools

I'd also like to see Grand Harbour of Valletta too as well

They use a lot of poetic license in there harbours.. Hamberg for Example is set early 30s but there are 1940s Era Air raid shelters in the Port. 

Also to be pedantic its just Warrior. She fly's the red Ensign. Warrior is not a commissioned warship and cant fly the white ensign (commissioned ship) or the Blue ensign (Holds an Admiralty Warrant) Even Portsmouth Naval dockyard largely ignores this...and calls here HMS Warrior 1860  as when she was restored there was a Commissioned shore base called HMS Warrior But i dont think you will be able to find a single photo of her flying the white Ensign. 

and i agree Valletta would also be amazing.. You ever been there? I have and Wow just Wow

Players
1,633 posts
4,216 battles

I still find it weird that Japan is represented by the 'Zipangu' harbour, as that's a transliteration of the Chinese pronunciation of '日本' ('Nippon', Japanese name for Japan) but then converted into Japanese text. Not only that but given the name it most likely is a completely fictional locale, as the only times I've seen 'Zipangu' used in media was to say "this place is like Japan, but most certainly isn't. Nope, nosiree, no Japan here."

Why not an actual Japanese harbour? There's got to be loads of historical ones they could've used.:cap_hmm:

Spoiler

Not a rant, by the way, just genuinely curious as to why WG has set up the Japanese port like this.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
8 hours ago, Borgnine said:

It sounds like a nice option, but there are two problems:

minor - we don't really have the 1 nation = 1 port set-up

This, of course, could be amended (adding ports for currently unsupported nations or temporarily binding them with other nations' ports - Błyskawica could definitely appear in a British port, for example), but there's the other one:

MAJOR problem - currently switching ports takes a bit of time reloading. In fact, even switching ships isn't necessarily instantaneous. To load an equivalent of a small map every time you switch a ship? That doesn't sound well even for top-end computers. And WoWs isn't exactly meant to be a game that requires high-spec hardware. Half the players out there play it on old laptops or glorified tosters. Extremely resource-intensive features that make things very, VERY slightly more attractive for a really small minority of players that both have the hardware to use the feature and find it appealing... it doesn't sound like something worth developing, even if it would be relatively easy to implement.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
11 hours ago, philjd said:

I have around 100 ships in my port, could be a problem to show all of them at once :Smile_teethhappy:

[XODUS]
Players
795 posts
4,757 battles
16 hours ago, T0byJug said:

They use a lot of poetic license in there harbours.. Hamberg for Example is set early 30s but there are 1940s Era Air raid shelters in the Port. 

Also to be pedantic its just Warrior. She fly's the red Ensign. Warrior is not a commissioned warship and cant fly the white ensign (commissioned ship) or the Blue ensign (Holds an Admiralty Warrant) Even Portsmouth Naval dockyard largely ignores this...and calls here HMS Warrior 1860  as when she was restored there was a Commissioned shore base called HMS Warrior But i dont think you will be able to find a single photo of her flying the white Ensign. 

and i agree Valletta would also be amazing.. You ever been there? I have and Wow just Wow

Yep she flies the Red not the White Ensign, but everyone from Portsmouth pretty much ignores that fact, its my home town so i know my way round the Dockyard like the back of my hand, my Dad was acting XO of the base for a couple of months in the early 2000's before he took command of the Royal Navy Foreign Training Division. 
The Current Commodore in command was one of my Father's Junior officers on the Type 45 Project.

And Yes, been to Malta and Valletta, i love that little island, its where i want to buy my winter retirement home eventually, although Singapore would be amazing too but its a long flight.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,186 posts
12,589 battles
18 hours ago, T0byJug said:

London has always annoyed me... Its like Guys for god Sake Portsmouth.

Or Chatham if they insist on something in the vicinity of London.

Sign in to follow this