You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkullBreaker007

Are there plans for consoles(PS4)

10 comments in this topic

Question

Players
135 posts
1,146 battles

Hey I recently discovered that World of tanks is on console(I know It has been there a long time). But Im not a Fan of WOT. What I really live is world of warships. But my laptop cant run it, and its like one of the best games ever to me.

So I was wondering that it has been some time since WOT was on consoles. Are there any plans for world of warships. A ton of people would love that now that I think warships has a much faster growing users and fans.

Are there any plans?

9 answers to this question

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,095 posts
On ‎30‎-‎1‎-‎2018 at 8:34 AM, SkullBreaker007 said:

Are there any plans?

Not that we, the general public, know of.

Everything is possible of course, but if I may give my opinion, it's gonna take a while. It took a long time for Tanks to reach console, and that game was way more popular than Ships is now. I'd guess WG would want Ships to attract more people to warrant going to console. There's of course the issue of multiple servers splitting the community. You don't want to end up with two half dead platforms because there just aren't enough players around.

That's why WG will be very carefull I think.

TLDR: it's possible of course, but it might take a few years and no plans were ever announced. I think you're better off buying a new laptop instead of waiting.

World of Warships Blitz is a thing though, so you might want to try that.

[TF16]
4,249 posts
10,729 battles

Maybe in far future. WoT Blitz enter smartfones in may 2014, WoWs Blitz is now (4 yers later). So WoT on PS4 premiere was in january 2016, so WoWs on PS4 will be about 2020 :)

Players
19 posts
1,573 battles
On 4/26/2018 at 3:33 PM, sacksaege said:

Playing WOW on a big 55inch screen with a console would be world class.....

You do know that most video cards in PC have a HDMI connection with which you can hook it up to any TV 55" or bigger.

If you want to go for even more console feeling you can connect a (wireless) controller and even configure it for play in WoWs with third party software if necessary. Not that a controller would be the most effective, but it is possible.

Consoles, nowadays, are just neutered, low to low mid PCs with a fixed OS.

Players
135 posts
1,146 battles
27 minutes ago, Schnittertm said:

You do know that most video cards in PC have a HDMI connection with which you can hook it up to any TV 55" or bigger.

If you want to go for even more console feeling you can connect a (wireless) controller and even configure it for play in WoWs with third party software if necessary. Not that a controller would be the most effective, but it is possible.

Consoles, nowadays, are just neutered, low to low mid PCs with a fixed OS.

Thing is many of us guys hae pc that barely run the game, soit woild be nice to run the game with decent graphics and fps on console

Players
19 posts
1,573 battles
On 4/28/2018 at 9:15 AM, SkullBreaker007 said:

Thing is many of us guys hae pc that barely run the game, soit woild be nice to run the game with decent graphics and fps on console

The other thing is, most low power PC would run it the same as the PS4 when it comes to graphical fidelity and/or fps. Only the PS4 Pro or X Box One X would be a slight upgrade.