Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bibimemyyi

Allowing divisions between Tier 8 and T 10 ships

2 comments in this topic

[-WIP-]
[-WIP-]
Players
18 posts
5,066 battles

Hello all! Playing myself Charles Martel a lot, and being a great fan of it, I'm ok with bad MM. This means that my games will be possibly even whenever I play against T10 ships or T6 ships (nothing about how good are the commanders of the ships). 

THIS brought me to ask myself WHY I couldn t play with my friends that are playing god damn Yamato, with my Charles Martel? Because I could easily be in the same game as them by synchronizing the start of the battle... So, I m ok with banning divisions that have 2tiers+ difference between players, but to me, it should be allowed when you team up with T8-T10, since the MM is not modified by this :

-the T8 ship cannot play against "fail division" T 11 ships

-the T10 ship cannot play against T7 ships (I ve never seen a "revearse fail division")

SOOOO do you guys agree?

[SCRUB]
Players
8,366 posts
10,845 battles

Ah, now I can comment. Guess the mods were in the process of moving the thread as I tried beforehand.

As for the initial question: no, don't agree. Just because you can see tier X MM in your Charles Martel doesn't mean the MM would actually put you in one and I'm certain most players in a tier X match would rather like to see a tier X or tier IX ship occupy the slot you'd otherwise be taking.

Personally I wouldn't allow differently tiered ships in a division on principle. Whilst in some occasions and ship variations it isn't such a clear cut disadvantage for your team, in most cases it is and I doubt many people like having a tier IV ship on their team in a tier VII game or some such typical faildivision.

Besides, even if you're fine with facing tier X MM in your Charles Martel considering it's what you get more often than not anyway (I know how tier VIII MM is after all), divisioning with a higher tier ship completely eliminates the chance for getting into a match as toptier and guarantees unfavourable MM for you.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this