You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
philjd

Which Line should I grind through to T10?

Not sure which line I want to Grind through to T10  

29 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Which line to complete first (please add why in a comment)

• Ibuki
    • New Orleans
    • Yorck
    • Budyonny (sic)
    • N Cal
    • Amagi
    • KG V
    • Kagero
    • Minsk

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/2018 at 05:08 PM

15 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,735 posts
6,135 battles

Ok guys, I have reached a stage where I am not sure which line to grind through to T10 (just to complete it).

Ibuki is the obvious choice, but already having the Minotaur, not sure another T10 cruiser would provide me with a true choice, even if Zao is very different to Mino. I also have the Geade, La Gallisionaire and also the Bismarck unlocked, but haven't really put much time into any of those (not started the PA DD line yet and too rusty in CV's).

The other lines are do offer some variety of play, so happy to get some input from you guys.

thanks in advance.

Phil

[TTT]
Players
4,324 posts
7,937 battles

honestly, how should we even begin to answer that? We have no idea what you want the ships for, or what kind of ships/gameplay you enjoy. Every T10 is well worth going for if you enjoy its playstyle, and similarly every grind is very tolerable if you can handle the ships decently well.

I'll say one thing though: you might want to grab the Baltimore beforethe US cruiser line gets split (whenever that finally happens) to get that free extra ship/bunch of credits.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
5,390 posts
6,781 battles

I voted Yorck because Hindenburg is aweseome.

My 2nd choice would be Ncal, because Montana is also very powerful.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,386 battles

From the choices above, though I am NOT a Battleship guy, the US BBs tree .

As a second choice US cruisers line  ( @Tyrendian89 has a point ).

Would consider German cruisers too but Yorck and Hipper are a hard grind, but it gets much better from Roon and up.

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles

Minsk - because Soviet gunboats are pretty much the most fun line to play in this BB heavy MM

Players
2,170 posts

Yorck is a bit dull and Hipper could really use a reload buff to be more fun, but Roon and Hindenberg are very enjoyable.

It's impossible to advise without knowing how you like to play. Kagero and Minsk for example while both being DD's are hugely different in style and approach leading to a stealthy torp spammer and what's basically a small cruiser with no concealment.

I'm not really a higher level BB player so I'll leave that up to those that are.

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles

Go for Conqueror. After all there's no need to nerf it so get the ship and enjoy it. There's not much to think about Conqueror after all, right? :Smile_trollface:

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,721 posts
8,716 battles

Ibuki into Zao.

Super close to a really fun tier 10 CA is a no-brainer in my opinion.

I like the Hindenburg as well, but you're a long way away from it still.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,735 posts
6,135 battles
15 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I'll say one thing though: you might want to grab the Baltimore beforethe US cruiser line gets split (whenever that finally happens) to get that free extra ship/bunch of credits.

That's a pretty good reason. Ta.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

Amagi! Cuz no one voted for her :Smile_trollface:

[FUSO]
Players
73 posts
4,799 battles

North carolina. And dont forget to have maximum range and manual fire control for its secondaries. Once you get montana, you will thank me

Players
4,085 posts
7,017 battles
20 hours ago, philjd said:

Ok guys, I have reached a stage where I am not sure which line to grind through to T10 (just to complete it).

Hard to say, cuz we dont know what style of play you prefer :)

In general, there are a lof of good answers already. Hindenburg is a very strong T10 and very different to Minotaur. The grind to Moskva is nice, but Moskva itself... not so much anymore. From the BB-lines I´d prefer Montana. All the high tier BBs are keepers in my book, where as IJN f.e. has Izumo and Yamato, which have lost a lot of their strenghts imo.