You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ronin_hr

Nerf Conq already!

193 comments in this topic

[-YR-]
Players
22 posts
4,490 battles

How long till Conq nerf?

I really don't care for stupid statistics on how many battles are won or lost, K/D ratio etc. etc. The ship is plain stupid. I had plenty of encounters with it in my Yamato, most case scenarios are that I am full angled on it and it still deals 15k of damage, while he is fully broadside and impossible to citadel and that is totally stupid. How many times have you seen a player in Conqueror watching his citadel? I know that it is possible to citadel, but that is a too rare case to mention.

Excuses like "oooh but the dmg dealt by Conq is possible to heal" are also stupid and I really don't care about the damage he is pumping but the fact that this ship promotes lazy play. About what do you have to worry about in it? You don't watch your broadside, you don't have to focus on aim because you have a crap load of guns since you can give 90% of time almost full broadside and you have crazy heal, oh and let me not forget that trollish concealment. Can you compare any of T10 battleships with it and tell me that it is easier to play it that Conq?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[FAITH]
[FAITH]
Beta Tester
42 posts
12,435 battles

ah poor Yamato player, upset that he is not deleting players from 26 kms !!!

oh no, there is finally a counter for my Yamato, i will quickly run to the forums and cry 'boohoo'.

Get over it or don't let the door hit you on the way out !

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6
  • Bad 4

Players
137 posts
6,579 battles

It's torpedo protection is garbage and it's heal can't get any health lost back from torp damage, if you're competent in a DD or have a team mate that is, it's the easiest BB to take down via a destroyer.

I honestly don't encounter them enough to even complain about it.

It also has a soft outer shell, I find the Yam deals heavy damage from most angles when fighting a Conqueror. Best way to combat it is to keep it spotted, that way you'll force the player to retreat and use a heal if you can focus fire, and once the heal is up and recharging, she will sink quickly.

I will agree however the Conqueror does feel too cheesy and I find it very easy to play, it can go broad most of the time and you can't punish it like a normal BB. I think WG should decide between giving it a high HE penetration, or fire chance, having both seems too much personally.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-YR-]
Players
22 posts
4,490 battles
5 minutes ago, DaveyDent said:

oh no, there is finally a counter for my Yamato, i will quickly run to the forums and cry 'boohoo'.

Finally, counter for Yamato? Have you started to play this game yesterday or you just felt like talk some garbage?

So I guess fact that you can torp Yamato blindfolded, CVs wiping a floor with it and easily shot citadel is not a counter?

10 minutes ago, _Xaero_ said:

I will agree however the Conqueror does feel too cheesy and I find it very easy to play, it can go broad most of the time and you can't punish it like a normal BB. I think WG should decide between giving it a high HE penetration, or fire chance, having both seems too much personally.

Like I said, I really don't care about the damage it pumps out, but giving it a citadel would force a Conq player to start using his brain.

Even Flamu is criticising Conq whenever he mentions it. So, you can't really deny the fact that something is wrong with it.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles
13 minutes ago, _Xaero_ said:

It's torpedo protection is garbage and it's heal can't get any health lost back from torp damage, if you're competent in a DD or have a team mate that is, it's the easiest BB to take down via a destroyer.

I honestly don't encounter them enough to even complain about it.

It also has a soft outer shell, I find the Yam deals heavy damage from most angles when fighting a Conqueror. Best way to combat it is to keep it spotted, that way you'll force the player to retreat and use a heal if you can focus fire, and once the heal is up and recharging, she will sink quickly.

WG would never dream of bringing out ships that require no skill to play...

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.cf40c40aeb9bda4ea133c2b8e557f6f4.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

[BUSHI]
[BUSHI]
Players
132 posts
7,577 battles

Torpedo damage doesn't matter if you sit at 20km spamming HE because fires deal the same amount of damage regardless of how far from the target you are.

It's not a premium so It will get nerfed when WG gets stuffed enough with money from FreeXP suckers

[WGB]
Players
37 posts
139 battles
4 minutes ago, ronin_hr said:

Even Flamu is criticising Conq whenever he mentions it.

This Flamu guy, is he the reincarnation of the Christ, do you bow and wash his feet, do you have a portrait pic of him beside your monitor?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[-YR-]
Players
22 posts
4,490 battles
1 minute ago, Podvoisky said:

This Flamu guy, is he the reincarnation of the Christ, do you bow and wash his feet, do you have a portrait pic of him beside your monitor?

I think that you know very well who Flamu is, so no point of me telling it.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
17,833 posts
11,758 battles
5 minutes ago, ronin_hr said:

Finally, counter for Yamato? Have you started to play this game yesterday or you just felt like talk some garbage?

So I guess fact that you can torp Yamato blindfolded, CVs wiping a floor with it and easily shot citadel is not a counter?

Like I said, I really don't care about the damage it pumps out, but giving it a citadel would force a Conq player to start using his brain.

Even Flamu is criticising Conq whenever he mentions it. So, you can't really deny the fact that something is wrong with it.

Hey hey, I thought we would ignore facts in this thread!!

Players
137 posts
6,579 battles
2 minutes ago, The_Baptist said:

Torpedo damage doesn't matter if you sit at 20km spamming HE because fires deal the same amount of damage regardless of how far from the target you are.

It's not a premium so It will get nerfed when WG gets stuffed enough with money from FreeXP suckers

This is true, but with any luck, keeping it spotted if you have enough room on the map or going in for a torpedo run is the best option to take it down. Keeping it spotted means it can't use it's concealment which is one of the ships huge advantage, or using torpedoes against a ship the barely negates the damage taken from then. Easier said than done though in random I will agree :P

[-YR-]
Players
22 posts
4,490 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Hey hey, I thought we would ignore facts in this thread!!

Hey, since you don't know a difference, here:

statistics
stəˈtɪstɪks/
noun

1. the practice or science of collecting and analysing numerical data in large quantities, especially for the purpose of inferring proportions in a whole from those in a representative sample.

fact
    fakt/
    noun
    plural noun: facts
    1. a thing that is known or proved to be true.
      "the most commonly known fact about hedgehogs is that they have fleas"
      synonyms: reality, actuality, certainty, factuality, certitude; More

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,524 posts
6,992 battles
23 minutes ago, DaveyDent said:

What the flying pink pig did I just freaking read.

• Funny 2

[WGB]
Players
37 posts
139 battles
2 minutes ago, ronin_hr said:

I think that you know very well who Flamu is, so no point of me telling it.

Of course I know who he is, he's the guy that screams at everyone for running away from a Conqueror.

Beta Tester
1,313 posts
9,321 battles

This ship is still broken. You dont have to give a crap. With tank build and semi-agressive playstyle its almost impossible to die in it and it takes no skill to pull of a 200k game in it. I always get baffled when i see enemy Conqs die.

You pretty much need to be last man alive vs half the enemy team to get killed. 

You feel dirty every time you play it. The main reason why i havent uploaded any games in it on my channel, whats to brag about?!

• Cool 4

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Yam and Conq do similar damage at long ranges. Granted one might need a little less skill but meh...

[MERCS]
Players
49 posts
5,688 battles

It's easy to do damage but for the rest not that much better than the other tier 10's imo and a big turtle, lol.

[CATS]
Players
17,833 posts
11,758 battles
16 minutes ago, ronin_hr said:

Hey, since you don't know a difference, here:

statistics
stəˈtɪstɪks/
noun

1. the practice or science of collecting and analysing numerical data in large quantities, especially for the purpose of inferring proportions in a whole from those in a representative sample.

fact
    fakt/
    noun
    plural noun: facts
    1. a thing that is known or proved to be true.
      "the most commonly known fact about hedgehogs is that they have fleas"
      synonyms: reality, actuality, certainty, factuality, certitude; More

Statistics are facts...

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles
49 minutes ago, DaveyDent said:

Mongqueror player spotted.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
5,297 battles
36 minutes ago, Podvoisky said:

Of course I know who he is, he's the guy that screams at everyone for running away from a Conqueror.

Nah, he's the guy that is always right and flames anyone who isn't... that would be almost everyone else.

And when he isn't right, well...

Admittedly, he IS often right, though taking his statements as granted is bloody wrong.

In fact it doesn't matter if Flamu would state that a ship is OP or if Donald Trump would. It's like any belief in something that you didn't check or question. If something stands unchallenged just because someone said so - no matter who he is - it's rarely a good thing...

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles

Raise it´s citadel to pre-buff Montana levels and it will be fine.

Also, raise all lowered BB citadels, if cruisers and DDs can get punished, so should BBs.

• Cool 10
  • Bad 1

[BGBRD]
Players
322 posts
9,620 battles
6 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

Raise it´s citadel to pre-buff Montana levels and it will be fine.

Also, raise all lowered BB citadels, if cruisers and DDs can get punished, so should BBs.

The other BBs are fine. Just lower the range of his guns and the concealment... oh yeah also remove the 419 mm guns... 

Even now he can be countered by Yamato (pens from every angle), but the range allow it to sit so far back - most of the time Conq captains are useless even for their own team... its a waste of that super-heal.