You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
theta0123

Convince me to go Soviet DDs

35 comments in this topic

[THESO]
[THESO]
1,861 posts
6,681 battles

I've never played them over tier 2 or 3.. but I know that the tier 10 of the soviet DDs is not an actual DD.. with that size and 10km detectability range.. (WTF!!! 10..?? really??)

Whenever I see one in my kagero or yugumo.. my decharge hole gets clenched!

When spotted infront of a tier 8 or9 or 10 RU DDs.. I start to pray and dance.. OMG those guns..

But thats all.. Guns and speed... If you ask me.. If there is no threat of a silent torp attack from 7kms.. that is not a DD.. a fast cruiser.. :)

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,576 posts
7,014 battles
8 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

I've never played them over tier 2 or 3.. but I know that the tier 10 of the soviet DDs is not an actual DD.. with that size and 10km detectability range.. (WTF!!! 10..?? really??)

Whenever I see one in my kagero or yugumo.. my decharge hole gets clenched!

When spotted infront of a tier 8 or9 or 10 RU DDs.. I start to pray and dance.. OMG those guns..

But thats all.. Guns and speed... If you ask me.. If there is no threat of a silent torp attack from 7kms.. that is not a DD.. a fast cruiser.. :)

Yeah, Khabarosvk is a light cruiser. You forgot it also get 50mm of broadside armor which makes it immune to low caliber DDs and most 203mm HE. On the other hand its gun range is abysmal (a measly 13km) and it absolutely hates BBs AP. And it turns like a trucks, though at max range it is an absolute horror to fight.

Players
126 posts
6,729 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

That's one way of playing Lenin but she fits into the traditional DD role too. Sadly from playing both I finally feel like Lenin is better than Blys. Because of torps and speed advantages.

Well, there's nothing stopping you from doing both styles of gameplay in one match. :)

Not played the Blys. Is it fun?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
43 minutes ago, Captain_KriegWurst said:

Well, there's nothing stopping you from doing both styles of gameplay in one match. :)

Not played the Blys. Is it fun?

There is if you don't take AFT and build for stealth although arguably it's still possible. I prefer to torp than use guns these days. But I do appreciate the fire stack that is possible from spamming HE.

[BGBRD]
Players
322 posts
9,640 battles
4 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Cruisers without citadels, what more do you need?

Yeah, if the OP like to run & gun, without fear of gettin citadeled... the most fun you can have with your pants on :cap_like:They're a good pick and dont believe anyone who talk about russian bias. There is no such thing in WoWs.

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles

The Khaba line is perfect. Easily the most fun line I have ever played. No "bad" ship in it. Tashkent is the real gem in the line.

Go directly for BFT + AFT, skip CE completely.

MM full of BBs?

Farm damage, tears and WTR with no effort whatsoever.

• Cool 2

Players
126 posts
6,729 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

There is if you don't take AFT and build for stealth although arguably it's still possible. I prefer to torp than use guns these days. But I do appreciate the fire stack that is possible from spamming HE.

Ah, but I use mine as a Captain trainer for my RU DDs so the highest I have is a 17pt Captain but he's my Tashkent Captain (will go in the Khaba when I get it). You can still stealth boat with it but you need to play like a low tier US DD and ambush torp from cover.

Honestly I can't be arsed to grind my Ognevoi Captain. He's sod all use in a Udaloi. But I might add CE to my Podvoisky Captain at some stage.

Players
6,442 posts
8,536 battles
4 hours ago, nambr9 said:

The problem with Khaba is that if you find yourself as the only DD in a domination match you are pretty sc*eved.

The line is fun ... Derzki at T3 is a funny little ship, so unique that you have to keep it.

The Izy is powerful with his guns and is close to Clemson level.

Gnevny is ok, but the slow turrets are something I hate. But its the first DD you can actually citadel low armored cruisers. 

Kiev is an insanely strong ship, but has similar problem as the Khaba.

One ship I also like is the Ognevoi. 

Its basically IJN DD (torpedo boat) with laser accurate guns, but it only has 2 turrets (4 guns).

Currently I can buy Udaloi and it is supposed to be a decent ship.

Overall the line is fun. Actually its pretty fun and consistent.

Main issue with Gnevny is Fushun - same boat, but waaay better torps and Aliexpress smoke, on the same tier tree next door.

[FUSO]
Players
73 posts
5,134 battles
5 hours ago, PzychoPanzer said:

So, eh... nobody commented on this one. Ok...

Can you give us your thought process behind that sell? I'm quite curious.

I like WOWS over WOT as premium vehicles, arent a real advantage over regular ones. Back in WOT, hell broke loose when the Type 59 was released, completly ruining T8 Combat. It took a long time before it was pulled. There were various vehicles like this

WOWS was pretty good when it came to this.............Exept the Kutuzov. It was a pain in the [edited], and completly OP and unfair. It has left a bitter hate, even after nerfing it and pulling it from the shop

I got one from the santa gifts, i sold it