You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
hawkeye56

Disappearing ships

8 comments in this topic

Question

[VMV]
Players
3 posts
10,751 battles

I started playing this game last december and noticed that ships suddenly disappear and a couple of secondes later have moved quite a lot, sometimes they are just in front of me and sink me. Curiously, they are not hidden by smoke or islands but just disappear, meaning you cannot aim at them.

Is this normal ?.......Can we make our own ships disappear and if so, how.

Thanks for helping me out.

7 answers to this question

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles

A bit hard to understand your problem from your description alone, apart from what Commander_Cornflakes already said

Give us a replay and we'll tell what happened :cap_like:

[HOO]
Players
1,312 posts
2,871 battles

The game engine doesn't continually check if you or a target ship is detected. I assume this is because the actually logic (coding) is time consuming. So the game engine seems to run a check, every few cycles, maybe every second or so. The result of this is an apparent delay in a target appearing, and in it disappearing after it goes undetected. I see regular instances of enemy ships appearing to blink out of view. I can be shooting them and they disappear for a short while  usually no more than a second, only to suddenly reappear again.  

[UNICS]
Players
431 posts
5,889 battles

As stated above: This tends to happen with ships almost out of your spotting range.

Players
2 posts
1,000 battles

well same happened to couple times now 3-4 km away no cover no smoke started to aim with the zoom and pop ship gone and few seconds later in a different location every ti me that has happened it happens when zoom ,clear open sea and its gone aaand back in different place something to do with the zoom

Players
1 post
578 battles
On 1/29/2018 at 1:46 AM, hawkeye56 said:

I started playing this game last december and noticed that ships suddenly disappear and a couple of secondes later have moved quite a lot, sometimes they are just in front of me and sink me. Curiously, they are not hidden by smoke or islands but just disappear, meaning you cannot aim at them.

Is this normal ?.......Can we make our own ships disappear and if so, how.

Thanks for helping me out.

Yeah i've not long started playing and seem to be experiencing the same problem. Its so frustrating. i can be engaging an enemy ship only for it to disappear and then have it firing at me even though i cant see it.

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
707 posts
9,117 battles

Anyone who experiences this should probably provide the replay file for the game and let us know when it occurs so that we can try and work out exactly what is happening.