Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Turion1979

Game lags and Freezes if i reach 2Gig Ram Usage, can you help/explain?

5 comments in this topic

Question

[GUNUP]
Weekend Tester
559 posts
28,528 battles

My Question is, does anybody know where the Issue comes from (and ofc how to fix it) if the Process or Client.exe (worldofwarships.exe) reaches 2 Gigabytes of Ram Usage. The Game starts lagging and my FPS drops to the Floor, if i restart the Game (because a Client usually needs about 1,5 GB) all runs fine, its just if i breach the Barrier of 2 Gigabytes. Before you ask me now, my CPU,GPU or RAM on my System shouldnt be no Issue. Its just horrible, because sometimes it causes a Stopping of the Game / Client itself or the Game Freezes, kicks me to the Login Screen or even Desktop... but how i can solve it or fix this?

4 answers to this question

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,761 posts
16,579 battles
On 28/01/2018 at 10:12 PM, Skycat79 said:

My Question is, does anybody know where the Issue comes from (and ofc how to fix it) if the Process or Client.exe (worldofwarships.exe) reaches 2 Gigabytes of Ram Usage. The Game starts lagging and my FPS drops to the Floor, if i restart the Game (because a Client usually needs about 1,5 GB) all runs fine, its just if i breach the Barrier of 2 Gigabytes. Before you ask me now, my CPU,GPU or RAM on my System shouldnt be no Issue. Its just horrible, because sometimes it causes a Stopping of the Game / Client itself or the Game Freezes, kicks me to the Login Screen or even Desktop... but how i can solve it or fix this?

have just posted on another thread on this section here ----->   

The cache trick does seem to work IF you have larger memory capacity in your rig how to change it....

1) Go to World_of_Warships/res folder

2) Find engine_config

3) Under " animation" you will find <streamCacheSizeKB>2048</streamCacheSizeKB> feel free to change this number to "UPTO" 1/2 of your system RAM total though much above 4096 is overkill...

For general slowdowns,  then here is an oldie but goldie, for Big World engine...

1) Find your Wows executable file, make a shortcut to it (maybe to desktop) 

2) Right click on the shortcut, click properties, then click on "TARGET" right arrow all the way to the end of the string.

3) Hit the space bar (ensuring you have NOT highlighted all the characters) then type in +fullproc

4) Apply and OK.

Copy and paste (Sorry)

Just a few observations from my own personal hell that has been WoWs random crashes etc.... 

1) Uninstall ALL mods also delete mods folder AFTER uninstall and reboot.... See if this solves the issue. If it does then you will need to add any mods you wish to use one by one until you find the culprit.

2) Check your drivers on Graphics card... most of the crashes I get are alongside a bong noise and a gfx error....

3) And the best one... go to your WoWs launcher...click on  " GAME SETTINGS", click on  "CHECK AND REPAIR" then click "CONTINUE"....and wait for it to do its' thing.... solves maybe 90% of issues (mainly after a large update...

4) Nuclear option and best if you have a fast connection, is to uninstall, delete ALL WoWs folders, reboot and do a clean install...

For maintenance purposes here are some suggestions for you...

1) IF you have a large mechanical storage drive then once you have a nice fresh install running copy the whole folder over to a second directory and name it backup WoWs.... remember to delete ALL the contents of the update folder before hand as WoWs stores all updates files which are useless once the update is completed so save the massive space here.

2) IF you have a very fast connection then the best advice is to do a full uninstall/reinstall at EVERY MAJOR patch... this gets you away from the issue that the engine seems to have with corruption on older files and locations etc... 

3) Once you have launched into the game go back to windows and close the WG Game Centre... remembering to also close it in your notification panel.... this thing is as buggy as heck and causes all sorts of random stuff to happen to your machine.

For Diagnosis ideas keep an eye on memory usage as there is a well known issue with WoWs and memory leak / release of paged memory... if you are running low RAM in your machine then this could be what is happening after an extended playing period.... simple solution is when committed memory is running too high restart the client and/or reboot the machine... to reset the process.

Also check what stuff is running in background as I have found on occasion that having Chrome open on certain scripted pages can cause issues too...

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles

Have heard people who are more educated than me in this topic saying it's bcuz WoWS is a 32bit program and can't handle more than that, or something like that. No idea really, restarting it seems to be the only fix

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,305 posts
2,868 battles

Flamu posted about this somewhere a while ago. He suggested changes to the engineconfig xml file to increase the games RAM buffer for effects. 

[GUNUP]
Weekend Tester
559 posts
28,528 battles
11 hours ago, cherry2blost said:

The cache trick does seem to work IF you have larger memory capacity in your rig how to change it....

1) Go to World_of_Warships/res folder

2) Find engine_config

3) Under " animation" you will find <streamCacheSizeKB>2048</streamCacheSizeKB> feel free to change this number to "UPTO" 1/2 of your system RAM total though much above 4096 is overkill...

11 hours ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Flamu posted about this somewhere a while ago. He suggested changes to the engineconfig xml file to increase the games RAM buffer for effects. 

Fat_Maniac thats the Thing he mentioned above. I used it on my "old" PC, because it doesnt have much Power to play WoWs Smooth. In other Words that editing of the File is some Kind of the WoT Tweaker to let your Games look more enjoyable. How ever, i wonder why Wargaming doesnt give the Option beside HIGH and ULTRA Installations... and on the other Hand, i have to say for wilkatis_LV hes right...

if they finaly move from x86 to x64 that would help a lot. But by what ever Reason they dont do it... the Sacrasm on that is, they give away a Modded Custom PC for the Shipmas with new Hardware inside but the Game itself is just running on 32bit... Sorry that im smiling about that...

@wilkatis_LV that´s sadly true... if my Game jumps up to 2,3~ ish Gigabyte Ram usage my CPU Cores are almost at 50% Loadout "ALL OF THEM!" and the Game starts stuttering and lagging so its no longer playable... in the worst Case, it crashes providing that very know Access Violation Error. So the only Way that Helps, as u already mentioned it, is restarting the whole PC or close the Process in the Taskmanager, which is rather sad for such a Game?! (at least in my Eyes)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this