Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SmokyButtons

World of warships CV improvements

71 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
231 posts
2,964 battles

 

World of warships CV improvements,

 

I have played CV’s for awhile now, while the gameplay at lower tier is okay,

Higher tier play is more akin to micromanager game play more than strategy!

 

I have a few suggestions that would make CV gameplay much fun and engaging,

1 Do away with alt attacks, get fukus back on the strategy game,

instead give all type of planes an alternative modes of fire,

Like give Dive bombers, high alt bomb drop, where there is reduced accuracy,

but they less DMG from anti air!

Torp Bombers could have early drop, where they drop farther away and take less flak

Fighters should have the ability to strafe a target ship, doing a small amount of dmg,

low fire chance, but good chance of temporary disabling some anti air!

 

2 CV’s should have limit control range where they can give orders to planes,

they should still be able to send planes outside that,

but just not give them new orders, and once they orders are done, they should return!

 

3 Lastly all CV should have unlimited Fighters planes,

never losing the ability to stay in the fight, and give a more dynamic play,

squads of other planes, should be replaced with 3 planes squads of fighter planes,

as they are lost!

 

All this lead to CV be more engende in the fight, and more fun and dynamic to play,

and a better balance between Anti Air strong CV’s and Bombers based!

 

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
763 posts
3,899 battles
8 minutes ago, jingle7620 said:

1 Do away with alt attacks, get fukus back on the strategy game,

NOPE

8 minutes ago, jingle7620 said:

instead give all type of planes an alternative modes of fire,

Like give Dive bombers, high alt bomb drop, where there is reduced accuracy,

but they less DMG from anti air!

Torp Bombers could have early drop, where they drop farther away and take less flak

Fighters should have the ability to strafe a target ship, doing a small amount of dmg,

low fire chance, but good chance of temporary disabling some anti air!

You do realise these are features in the game already. Fighters can only strafe enemy planes though.

8 minutes ago, jingle7620 said:

2 CV’s should have limit control range where they can give orders to planes,

they should still be able to send planes outside that,

but just not give them new orders, and once they orders are done, they should return!

Isnt that whats already in game? also, you cant limit control range CVs IRL could have a LONG control/comm range

8 minutes ago, jingle7620 said:

3 Lastly all CV should have unlimited Fighters planes,

never losing the ability to stay in the fight, and give a more dynamic play,

squads of other planes, should be replaced with 3 planes squads of fighter planes,

as they are lost!

NYET NEIN NO GET OUT!

Please, understand how CVs are NOW and then make suggestions. Unlimited fighters? No... JUST NO!

 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGB]
Players
37 posts
139 battles
13 minutes ago, jingle7620 said:

2 CV’s should have limit control range where they can give orders to planes,

they should still be able to send planes outside that,

but just not give them new orders, and once they orders are done, they should return!

I am a bit confused with this section, let me try and tell you why.

If I gave  my TB's orders to out to a target outside the "Orders Boundary" and by the time they get there, the target is already dead, how do I get them back, they haven't completed the "Order Boundary" orders and now I have no control of them, because they are outside of the "Order Boundary" until they are killed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OGHF]
Players
815 posts
13,309 battles

Unlimited fighters !!!!!, so lets just do away with ALL other ships and play CV against CV, nice troll @jingle7620 it did make I laugh ??

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles

Basicly:

 

Make CVs into "click fighter on enemy plane, sit and wait". And "make it extremely easy to remove all strike capability from CVs".

 

This might be the worst suggestion on this forum ever.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
231 posts
2,964 battles

 

13 minutes ago, Podvoisky said:

I am a bit confused with this section, let me try and tell you why.

If I gave  my TB's orders to out to a target outside the "Orders Boundary" and by the time they get there, the target is already dead, how do I get them back, they haven't completed the "Order Boundary" orders and now I have no control of them, because they are outside of the "Order Boundary" until they are killed.

Well if their target is dead they should return to, so add, if task not possible, return to!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
231 posts
2,964 battles
17 minutes ago, aidenthedestroyer said:

NOPE

You do realise these are features in the game already. Fighters can only strafe enemy planes though.

Isnt that whats already in game? also, you cant limit control range CVs IRL could have a LONG control/comm range

NYET NEIN NO GET OUT!

Please, understand how CVs are NOW and then make suggestions. Unlimited fighters? No... JUST NO!

 

they are all interdependent suggestions, so puling each of context does really work, think of them as whole!

And as for the limit control range, a concession to game play, lots of things in wows that are not remotely realistic in the name of game play! ;)

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles

Cant balance them cant balance skill if you made them to easy the game would be flooded with CV players as it stands at the moment the skill ceiling is to high for an average pleb imho opinion they need to get rid of them in a sense WG made a rod for there own back.

 

Of course the amount of tears and tantrums this would cause by that whopping 10% of good CV players would be immense but then again they don't care about the game in general just there stats.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles
45 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

Cant balance them cant balance skill if you made them to easy the game would be flooded with CV players as it stands at the moment the skill ceiling is to high for an average pleb imho opinion they need to get rid of them in a sense WG made a rod for there own back.

 

Of course the amount of tears and tantrums this would cause by that whopping 10% of good CV players would be immense but then again they don't care about the game in general just there stats.

 

Whines about CVs.

 

Pretend CV players would whine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles
13 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

 

Whines about CVs.

 

Pretend CV players would whine.

 

Wat? Doesn't matter if you play CV or not , Fact remains they have a huge influence of games and the numbers of CV players suggests people cant be arsed playing them as they don't want to be pawned by professional CV full time players , Of course this isn't the players fault but WG.

 

Why don't you drop us some pearls of wisdom on how make CVs more attractive to play instead of your normal trolling answers?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles
3 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

 

Wat? Doesn't matter if you play CV or not , Fact remains they have a huge influence of games and the numbers of CV players suggests people cant be arsed playing them as they don't want to be pawned by professional CV full time players , Of course this isn't the players fault but WG.

 

Why don't you drop us some pearls of wisdom on how make CVs more attractive to play instead of your normal trolling answers?

 

You're inventing numbers, and you're inventing reasons for them (as someone who plays CVs, you're wrong).

 

Here's a free tip, there's not some mythical population of "CV players". There's mostly just players, some of which plays CVs, and knows a bit about what issues they have, and some who don't and pretends they know, like you.

 

As is your weak attempt at labeling what I said trolling. I mean, someone who literally can't stop saying that one full class of ship, that other ships are designed around in terms of strengths and weaknesses, needs to go, is calling someone else a troll?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
2 hours ago, jingle7620 said:

Higher tier play is more akin to micromanager game play more than strategy!

 

Your highest tier CVs and games in them -  0 wins in 7 Hiryu games and 5 wins in 19 Kaga games - show us your wast knowledge and experience in "high tier CV play" :Smile_teethhappy:

 

git-gud-28126051.png

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles
8 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

 

You're inventing numbers, and you're inventing reasons for them (as someone who plays CVs, you're wrong).

 

Here's a free tip, there's not some mythical population of "CV players". There's mostly just players, some of which plays CVs, and knows a bit about what issues they have, and some who don't and pretends they know, like you.

 

As is your weak attempt at labeling what I said trolling. I mean, someone who literally can't stop saying that one full class of ship, that other ships are designed around in terms of strengths and weaknesses, needs to go, is calling someone else a troll?

 

19 hours ago, Capra76 said:

Maple Syrup gives a very different picture for the w/e 20/01/2018 - http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20180120/eu_week/average_ship.html

 

  BB CA DD CV
Tier 8 46.1% 29.2% 21.4% 3.2%

Tier 9

48.4% 25.2% 24.6% 1.8%
Tier 10 35.5% 32.1% 30.6% 1.7%

 

Yea sort of proves people don't play CVs wouldn't you say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles
Just now, MacFergus said:

 

Yea sort of proves people don't play CVs wouldn't you say?

 

Try to understand the difference between "amount of CVs in play" and "ratio of players who play CVs". They're not the same.

 

Nor does those low numbers in any way justify you going "if they made them easier to play then everyone would flood to them".


The reasons for people not playing them much has far less to do with the skill floor, but with an UI that's unpredictable (which actually is a far larger issue for skilled players than unskilled ones), AAA scaling at higher tiers, premium CVs making some tiers nigh unplayable for some tech tree CVs etc etc. Which you'd know if you did play them and didn't just sit on the side making things up to fit your bias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,563 posts
10,182 battles

I will vote for unlimited fighters, those noobs never gave me more than 96 planes in single game. And I want so badly 120 :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles
4 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

 

Try to understand the difference between "amount of CVs in play" and "ratio of players who play CVs". They're not the same.

 

Nor does those low numbers in any way justify you going "if they made them easier to play then everyone would flood to them".


The reasons for people not playing them much has far less to do with the skill floor, but with an UI that's unpredictable (which actually is a far larger issue for skilled players than unskilled ones), AAA scaling at higher tiers, premium CVs making some tiers nigh unplayable for some tech tree CVs etc etc. Which you'd know if you did play them and didn't just sit on the side making things up to fit your bias.

 

No your right I don't play CV I don't have the skill levels to do so but then again I wouldn't play them and put my team at a disadvantage by being more of a liability than an asset is it really the other 14 players fault they get saddled with a rubbish CV because I don't see it as fair in any way shape or form and lets be honest here with the amount of CVs in play would they be missed?

 

Such and influential ship should never have been in the game in the first place imho I mean how do you balance that seriously , Problem you have is good CV players are really good they have no competition they have a monopoly on CV play I mean some of them have 75% WR that's just a joke so please don't tell me it has nothing to do with skill floors as far as I'm concerned it has everything to do with skill floors.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles
47 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

 

No your right I don't play CV I don't have the skill levels to do so but then again I wouldn't play them and put my team at a disadvantage by being more of a liability than an asset is it really the other 14 players fault they get saddled with a rubbish CV because I don't see it as fair in any way shape or form and lets be honest here with the amount of CVs in play would they be missed?

 

Such and influential ship should never have been in the game in the first place imho I mean how do you balance that seriously , Problem you have is good CV players are really good they have no competition they have a monopoly on CV play I mean some of them have 75% WR that's just a joke so please don't tell me it has nothing to do with skill floors as far as I'm concerned it has everything to do with skill floors.

 

Sorry, but a very few people who not just play CVs, they gained that WR mostly in a time you can't compare to today, and also does it in divisions (and guess what, people can do that with any ship in divisions), is not relevant to what the large majority does. Pretending that the reasons why people play CVs less than other classes is that now and then they'll meet super unicum CV players is no more usable than going "sometimes my DD meets a div of super unicum DDs and then my team loses".

 

And  yes, if you play any sort of ship that trades other advantages for better AAA, then yes you would miss CVs. Removing CVs would take away an entire facet of the game, for no good reason beyond appeasing a few whiners.

 

At least you've stopped trying to hide your bias...

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,681 posts
8,664 battles

Some of this is on the right track, tbh. Here's some of the things I think should be done...

 

1) Tactical map - click and drag, double click to centre, centre mouse button to zoom in and out. I cannot bear this map as it currently stands.

 

2) Auto drop, manual drop, la la la. Manual drop is a pig to learn in random (see 1 for why) but an unreasonable advantage on mid Tiers when not all ships have the AA capabilities to defend themselves. Watching planes merrily fly round in circles waiting to see where you're going,  before dropping their torps on your broadside while you fire at them with your 2xAA pop guns - this has got very, very, old. If you want to see an end to one of the factors in the BB camping meta, then this needs to stop.  How does it stop?...

 

3) smaller squadrons at lower and mid-Tiers. Nothing to stop you forming a flight wing if you want all your planes in one place, the controls are already there, but otherwise a squad of torp planes should not be more than three at Tier IV-V and four at Tier VI. Faster CV loadouts would compensate, along with the ability to lose more planes and still have a role - Strafe would still take out the enemy's planes in flight, but it wouldn't be as much of a secret weapon and more CVs would still be in the game at the end.

 

4) Before they can attack, your planes have to be set into "Armed" mode. Once they are in that mode you have a maximum of 20 seconds to set your attack line,  drop your torps and /bombs and get the heck out. If you don't attack, your planes expend their ammo and have to return to the CV. An end to flying destroyers taunting whoever they've alighted on is long overdue. To compensate, though, you get the ability to launch your weapons not just at ships but at points on the map, if you want - so you could attack DDs in smokescreens, or avoid AA by firing torpedoes at where your targets will be, not where they currently are. 

 

5) High/low level settings for bombers, the ability to send out 1 or 2 spotter planes (more durable, less about dogfighting) as well as the normal load. 

 

6) Better historical balancing of CV planes. Until Tier VII torp planes are slow and inaccurate - US torps don't much damage but they can damage modules, IJN do more overall damage. IJN Fighters are better than the USN until Tier VIII but then the advantage swings the other way. US dive bombers are always superior (and they get AP bombs at Tier VIII), IJN high level bombers remain a pest at all levels. I'd also consider a special Kamikaze mode for high Tier IJN planes.... 

 

7) A "Supersub" consumable, giving the ability to substitute one of your squadrons for one of another type - fighter bombers weren't uncommon, so why not be able to choose what you load them up with? This would help with the "rock/paper/scissors" problem with cv games when you discover that one side has no fighters and the other has nothing but, and there's nothing to be done about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
231 posts
2,964 battles

 

2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

 

Your highest tier CVs and games in them -  0 wins in 7 Hiryu games and 5 wins in 19 Kaga games - show us your wast knowledge and experience in "high tier CV play" :Smile_teethhappy:

 

git-gud-28126051.png

 

Welll, never hear that before....... :Smile_facepalm:

Good game mechanics are fun even if you nor great at, or even remotely good as me, lots of other ships i also "suck" in, but i still find really enjoyable, the only reason i stopped at 7 battles, was because the mechanics annoyed me to tears!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
1 hour ago, jingle7620 said:

 

Welll, never hear that before....... :Smile_facepalm:

Good game mechanics are fun even if you nor great at, or even remotely good as me, lots of other ships i also "suck" in, but i still find really enjoyable, the only reason i stopped at 7 battles, was because the mechanics annoyed me to tears!

Already told you how to fix your problem

 

image.jpg

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ESPA]
Players
1,219 posts
7,031 battles

Most of the "carrier suggestions" are actually "NERF CARRIERS ASAP!!" However I really like the idea of being able to strafe ships with fighter planes. They should do some of damage to dds and lightly armoured cruisers, but more importantly they should be able to disable some AA guns on the target ship, even against battleships (historically they used to do that)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
Spoiler

 

7 hours ago, jingle7620 said:

 

 

World of warships CV improvements,

 

I have played CV’s for awhile now, while the gameplay at lower tier is okay,

Higher tier play is more akin to micromanager game play more than strategy!

 

I have a few suggestions that would make CV gameplay much fun and engaging,

1 Do away with alt attacks, get fukus back on the strategy game,

instead give all type of planes an alternative modes of fire,

Like give Dive bombers, high alt bomb drop, where there is reduced accuracy,

but they less DMG from anti air!

Torp Bombers could have early drop, where they drop farther away and take less flak

Fighters should have the ability to strafe a target ship, doing a small amount of dmg,

low fire chance, but good chance of temporary disabling some anti air!

 

2 CV’s should have limit control range where they can give orders to planes,

they should still be able to send planes outside that,

but just not give them new orders, and once they orders are done, they should return!

 

3 Lastly all CV should have unlimited Fighters planes,

never losing the ability to stay in the fight, and give a more dynamic play,

squads of other planes, should be replaced with 3 planes squads of fighter planes,

as they are lost!

 

All this lead to CV be more engende in the fight, and more fun and dynamic to play,

and a better balance between Anti Air strong CV’s and Bombers based!

 

6 hours ago, jingle7620 said:

 

Well if their target is dead they should return to, so add, if task not possible, return to!

6 hours ago, jingle7620 said:

they are all interdependent suggestions, so puling each of context does really work, think of them as whole!

And as for the limit control range, a concession to game play, lots of things in wows that are not remotely realistic in the name of game play! ;)

 

1 hour ago, jingle7620 said:

 

Welll, never hear that before....... :Smile_facepalm:

Good game mechanics are fun even if you nor great at, or even remotely good as me, lots of other ships i also "suck" in, but i still find really enjoyable, the only reason i stopped at 7 battles, was because the mechanics annoyed me to tears!

1 hour ago, jingle7620 said:

 

Welll, never hear that before....... :Smile_facepalm:

Good game mechanics are fun even if you nor great at, or even remotely good as me, lots of other ships i also "suck" in, but i still find really enjoyable, the only reason i stopped at 7 battles, was because the mechanics annoyed me to tears!

:Smile_facepalm:L2P L2use2cells

Are you using some medicines that are forbidding you to drive or use of complex machinery?

 

Because personnel computers are machines, just to inform you!!!!

 

i hope no one from WG is reading that ******** because they like that kind of crap look what they do with Midway(PT)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,062 posts
15,733 battles
7 hours ago, jingle7620 said:

-snip-

 

523.gif

 

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

1) Tactical map

 

What are you even talking about? Except for using the mouse wheel to zoom (which is standard in all games with a top down view, really) I've never even heard of such options, much less used them.

Really, how the UI is conceptualized is fine. It only fails because it has ludicrous delay and plenty of bugs.

 

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

2) Auto drop, manual drop, la la la.

 

Remove auto drop, nerf air dropped torp damage on low tiers, normalize AA.

Boom, problem solved. Well, except for passive BB play, but that will always exist until you start punishing them economically. CVs have no effect on that at all as proven by all the games with no CVs in them.

 

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

3) smaller squadrons at lower and mid-Tiers.

 

With nerfed air dropped torp damage and AA normalized I don't think this will continue being an issue, but it's certainly a way to nerf low tier CVs further if needed.

Honestly, mid tier CVs are underpowered actually, mostly because of their abysmal MM all mid tier ships suffer from coupled with abysmal reserves. With their damage potential nerfed to appropriate levels and AA normalized I'd increase the reserves of T5 & 6 CVs by ~12 planes.

 

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

4) Before they can attack, your planes have to be set into "Armed" mode.

 

The longer you circle the more losses you take. Circling around already has severe consequences against all but the most overextended ships. And you can hardly tell me that someone who plays bad should have a chance of avoiding retribution for it.

 

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

To compensate, though, you get the ability to launch your weapons not just at ships but at points on the map, if you want - so you could attack DDs in smokescreens, or avoid AA by firing torpedoes at where your targets will be, not where they currently are.

 

...you've just described manual drop? Dunno where you're going with this.

 

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

5) High/low level settings for bombers, the ability to send out 1 or 2 spotter planes (more durable, less about dogfighting) as well as the normal load.

 

What's high/low settings for bombers supposed to accomplish?

Honestly I don't believe CVs need dedicated scouts. The only ones to benefit from this are low tier CVs which don't have many squads (which to be fair is a good point) and USN CVs up to T8 which need further loadout adjustment anyway.

 

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

6) Better historical balancing of CV planes.

 

In the interest of balance and not introducing more noob traps, please no.

 

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

7) A "Supersub" consumable, giving the ability to substitute one of your squadrons for one of another type - fighter bombers weren't uncommon, so why not be able to choose what you load them up with? This would help with the "rock/paper/scissors" problem with cv games when you discover that one side has no fighters and the other has nothing but, and there's nothing to be done about it.

 

Sounds interesting, but it should also be noted that all CV loadouts nowadays have fighters available and thankfully so. We should not revert what was a great change for once.

 

4 hours ago, MacFergus said:

Such and influential ship should never have been in the game in the first place imho I mean how do you balance that seriously

 

You do realize by removing CVs you'd simply be piling all their influence on DDs instead?

Yet for some reason I don't see you screaming for a nerf for DDs.

 

Also really? Stats again? Is that all you can do? If we were solely interested in preserving our stats we would've demanded precisely the kind of stuff WG has done to CVs over the years, all of which has earned nothing but our scorn.

Really, that you're even bringing this up is pathetic beyond belief.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,170 posts

One contributing factor to the lower %age of CV's is that there's only 1 CV from 12 players. The statistics are very misleading.

 

Referring to the original post many times no.

 

As to the piling all the influence on DD's argument that's a little hollow, DD's don't move anything like as fast or as freely as CV planes, they also don't respawn, nor can they orchestrate a cross drop, permafires (without significant risk), spot torpedoes with no risk, nor can they sit more or less invulnerable at the back projecting power over the whole map and specifically over capture zones. They really aren't comparable.

Not ignoring the fact that a well played CV vs a potato simply becomes shooting fish in a barrel, with DD's that is rarely the case as there's typically multiple DD's per side so the influence is evened out. DD's have been repeatedly nerfed come to that.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,062 posts
15,733 battles
24 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

DD's don't move anything like as fast or as freely as CV planes

 

Not as fast, true.

But they have in fact far more freedom than planes. There is no magical forcefield that, at their extreme, stretch over 18km in diameter preventing them from literally doing anything. A DD spotting for their team is in many ways far worse than a CV doing it.

 

24 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

they also don't respawn

 

They don't have to risk their extremely limited resources with every attack, either.

 

24 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

nor can they orchestrate a cross drop

 

You don't see DD torpedoes incoming from 8km away either, nor can you nullify their effects as easily as you can with aircraft. Also even those with the longest reload can launch several spreads in the time it takes a CV to launch one strike.

Remember the whole "damage potential is balanced around the individual weapon and not in relation to each other" stuff?

 

24 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

permafires (without significant risk)

 

I would hardly call pushing a button or utilizing cover a significant risk.

Seriously, have you even played DDs?

 

24 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

spot torpedoes with no risk

 

Actually a valid point for once. Considering there is an overabundance of hydro in the game nowadays aircraft indeed shouldn't be able to spot torps.

 

24 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

nor can they sit more or less invulnerable at the back projecting power over the whole map and specifically over capture zones

 

Again with the "over the whole map" thing despite that it is ludicrously wrong. Also DDs are far more invulnerable than CVs will ever be in an environment without CVs to spot them.

Literally all it takes to shut down a cap zone for a CV is one AA cruiser. Likewise with large swaths of the map. That you even believe a CV can simply fly around all over the map uncontested is stupid beyond comprehension.

On the other hand, a DD can sit and camp a spot indefinitely with the only danger being enemy radar cruisers and other DDs. And radar cruisers are hardly a big threat if you know how to handle them.

Besides, if AA cruisers aren't a counter to CVs then I guess radar cruisers cannot be counted as one for DDs either.

 

24 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

They really aren't comparable.

 

True, DDs when unchecked are far worse than an unchecked CV. In fact, bad DDs lose games much faster than a bad CV player.

Yet for some reason all whine about them is being frowned upon, even ridiculed (and rightfully so), but when it comes to CVs many of those who do so adopt the same behavior.

 

24 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Not ignoring the fact that a well played CV vs a potato simply becomes shooting fish in a barrel, with DD's that is rarely the case as there's typically multiple DD's per side so the influence is evened out.

 

If the DDs on the enemy team are stupid (which is hardly a rare occurance) I have no problems killing them all on my own. Been there, done that. It's ludicrously easy once you understand how DDs play.

Like countering CVs is ludicrously easy once you understand how they play.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×