Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DirtyFilthyScoundrel

Anyone Been Detonated More Recently??

24 comments in this topic

Players
25 posts
3,990 battles

Has there been an increase in the odds of getting detonated recently? 

I have never ever run the detonation flag on battleships, and i never run flags that increase the risk of detonation, but this week, in three days ive been detonated from full health  twice. First was a Tirpitz firing at my Alabama at range of  ~14km, instakill, second was again in my Alabama, took a deepwater torp on the nose at full health, and detonated. 

I was detonated in my shimakaze at half health today too.... 

am i right also in saying flags dont make the chance nill (-100% to detonation) but significantly reduce the likelihood of being detonated? 

I've never seen this and was mainly wondering, has there been a sneaky shortening of the odds of this happening, or have i just been super super unlucky. 

• Boring 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,062 posts
15,733 battles

Nope.

Haven't caused any detonations either.

Try sacrificing a goat to RNGesus.

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester
1,910 posts
5,874 battles

Now, where is the nearest mirror... Ah, there it is!

@Aotearas@Aotearas@Aotearas, @Aotearas, @Aotearas!

:Smile_hiding:

Statistically speaking, everything can happen, no matter how unlikely it may seem. As such, even though I despise the mechanic, I haven't observed a change in the occurrence of detonations.

• Funny 1

[-TAP-]
Players
146 posts
5,789 battles

Nope, no change in det probabilities noticed here, either - think I've seen two overall today, and that was in a good few dozen games.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
2 hours ago, DirtyFilthyScoundrel said:

No, just RNG.

Lets say numbers 1 through 5 in random generator.... lets say 20 times

Oh would you look at that, same number can roll 2 times in a row... doesn't mean it's more likely to happen, does it?

2 hours ago, DirtyFilthyScoundrel said:

am i right also in saying flags dont make the chance nill (-100% to detonation) but significantly reduce the likelihood of being detonated? 

No, it brings it down to 0, even with the flags that would otherwise increase your chance. They add up multiplicatively not as a simple sum, and that flag is the *0 at the end bringing it to a 0 every time

[LEGIO]
Players
599 posts
8,045 battles

Oh YES. I blow up every now and then. Even though i have that flag mounted. RNGesus must see me as a infidel. He is not on my side. I now belong to the dark side :fish_viking:

[DAVY]
Players
2,536 posts
54 minutes ago, darkstar73 said:

Oh YES. I blow up every now and then. Even though i have that flag mounted. RNGesus must see me as a infidel. He is not on my side. I now belong to the dark side :fish_viking:

No you don't, with the anti det flag mounted you can't detonate. I use it in every battle and have not detonated since Jan 2016 in the days of having no flags.

[LEGIO]
Players
599 posts
8,045 battles
1 minute ago, bushwacker001 said:

No you don't, with the anti det flag mounted you can't detonate. I use it in every battle and have not detonated since Jan 2016 in the days of having no flags.

In some cases i havn´t got it mounted. Vut i have been detonated even though i had it mounted mate. Am sure many here says the same. It says -100% and i know what that means. But it should say -80% chance to detonate. :P  

[BS4]
Players
959 posts
5,843 battles
8 hours ago, DirtyFilthyScoundrel said:

I have never ever run the detonation flag on battleships,

eerrmm....hate to point out the obvious here but perhaps you should start to my friend..:cap_like:

or the goat idea....:Smile_teethhappy:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
5 hours ago, darkstar73 said:

There is a... rather rare almost unprovable bug connected to it. Twice in all of my games I've seen it happening - someone has signals in port, not in-game, but after game in port they are mounted again. Unless you are live-recording your games (including port before and after) - can't prove it happened.

But it's so rare that its not even statistically significant, you simply don't detonate with that flag mounted

[LEGIO]
Players
599 posts
8,045 battles
23 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

There is a... rather rare almost unprovable bug connected to it. Twice in all of my games I've seen it happening - someone has signals in port, not in-game, but after game in port they are mounted again. Unless you are live-recording your games (including port before and after) - can't prove it happened.

But it's so rare that its not even statistically significant, you simply don't detonate with that flag mounted

If you say so Mr Professor 

Players
4,295 posts
11,813 battles

Haven't been playing lower tier DD's (a.k.a. sealclubbing) lately and fly the JC flags on high tier DD's. Guess I'll sharpen the sealclub pretty soon to meet my detonated quotum. I only have 866 det flags left....

Players
3,669 posts
8,430 battles
5 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

I have actually detonated while having mounted a -100% detonation signal on my Atlanta. I also had the signal that increased detonation by +5% for the increased fire chance.

I was at almost full health and ingame it displayed me having been detonated, to which I was very much surprised that I even asked ingame how this could be possible. And also very strange, post battle I did not receive the 10 -100% signals and I presumed that this was because I had not detonated by the magazines but by something else?

I found this really strange, but assumed that the -100% signals did in fact only delete the chance of the magazines detonating, but not of other parts detonating. Don't ask how or what. I've not detonated much without the -100% signal so I was totally surprised when my Atlanta detonated.

I could present a replay and screenshots but I'd have to wade through tons of those.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,365 posts
10,845 battles
13 hours ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Now, where is the nearest mirror... Ah, there it is!

@Aotearas@Aotearas@Aotearas, @Aotearas, @Aotearas!

:Smile_hiding:

Statistically speaking, everything can happen, no matter how unlikely it may seem. As such, even though I despise the mechanic, I haven't observed a change in the occurrence of detonations.

Well, since WG so courteously eliminated all my potential detonation concerns regarding more competitive play (by which I mean they made their competitive modes into a washed down BS that I need not bother saving my Juliet Charlies for it) I've actually started using my anti-detonation signal flags on every DD.

So no, I haven't actually detonated since quite some time now.

Though I'm really just waiting for a patch to break the Juliet Charlie signal flags so not only do they no longer prevent detonations but instead increase the chances of it happening to 100%. I suppose I'd detonate quite a lot then ...

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
34 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I have actually detonated while having mounted a -100% detonation signal on my Atlanta. I also had the signal that increased detonation by +5% for the increased fire chance.

1*1.05*0=0 - even with those flags increasing your chance you still get a 0.

Already explained ow you can get basically 1 in a  1 000 000 chance to detonate:

1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

34 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I presumed that this was because I had not detonated by the magazines but by something else?

There is just one kind of detonation.

Seeing how it's Lolanta - are you sure you didn't just get citadelled to the bottom of the sea?

• Cool 1

Players
3,669 posts
8,430 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

1*1.05*0=0 - even with those flags increasing your chance you still get a 0.

Already explained ow you can get basically 1 in a  1 000 000 chance to detonate:

There is just one kind of detonation.

Seeing how it's Lolanta - are you sure you didn't just get citadelled to the bottom of the sea?

The signals were most likely mounted though. It's something I wouldn't miss. But theres a chance I'm mistaking. If I find these screenshots, I will try to upload them.

The thing is...if the signals are missing (or if I see I forgot to unload the signals while playing coop for instance) I will typically notice.

edit: I found the screenshots by looking for the ship+map combination in my replays directory and I can confirm that I was wrong. I was not a detonation but a standard cruiser deletion :Smile_teethhappy: oops :Smile_hiding:

Anyway, please disregard. My findings were wrong because I wasn't looking properly.

Beta Tester
655 posts
4,438 battles

Ive actually been detonated three days in a row now. Kinda weird as Ive never had detonation problems before... Owh well, someone cursed me I guess :fish_panic:

Players
204 posts
329 battles

This detonation thing is a strange monetization "fetish" from WG.

I do like explosions:

ZXA1OHS.gif

but a dice roll on each shell that hits your ship (which cant be avoided because this game is all about angling and speed due limited cover) ending your game altogether is a really bad way to force you into buying flags just to prevent it. On the flip side, stingy premium ships get deleted as frequently as silver ones, so it's fair. But the adds of a premium account not hawing enough money for flags is rare i think (no metric data about flag use by ship type in any database yet). At lest you get 10 flags on your first detonation each 24 hours. So far DD's and BB's with a lot of secondaries are the most prone to detonate. Not mentioning that it's totaly unneeded due DD's being so nimble and BB's hawing build in weaknesses like:

Spoiler

IMO, Juliet Charlie is only worth using in pve due missions hawing multiple objectives and taking way longer than the usual random pvp battle. Im really not fond of this arcade RNG detonation feel in random pvp though.:fish_palm:

I do haw a few ships that detonate on regular basis and deep inside my heart hope that there is a correlation between detonation chance and the detonation achevenmet count, so that each medal gained, reduces any further detonation chance in games by 0,01% or something. Wishfull thinking,.. Ik.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this