Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
STEALTHZONK

mixing tiers

27 comments in this topic

[O-R-P]
Players
9 posts
13,657 battles

To all whom agree with me.

In my opinion should be only 1 tier up in game not 2 as is noe last game I had tier 8 cruiser anod only 1 tier 8 in opposite  site was battleship  rest of them was tier 10 what I can fight when they see me before i Can see them that must be change to get proper game

thx

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
5,396 posts
6,787 battles

Yes I agree that the game would benefit from +/-1 MM.

But i dont think WG wants to introduce it, because when there are tiers which are hard to grind through (5+8, 6+9 only a little bit), then they profit from that.

[CATS]
Players
17,836 posts
11,758 battles
1 hour ago, STEALTHZONK said:

To all whom agree with me.

In my opinion should be only 1 tier up in game not 2 as is noe last game I had tier 8 cruiser anod only 1 tier 8 in opposite  site was battleship  rest of them was tier 10 what I can fight when they see me before i Can see them that must be change to get proper game

thx

Do not get seen in the first place.

Make your ship as stealthy as possible and be more defensive until you know how to play at that tier.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TS1]
Players
590 posts
7,618 battles

I like the 2 tier spread. It makes you meet more different ships which makes the game less stale. Also, even if you're in a bad bottom tier ship you're still not a write-off. Some tiers are worse than others, but in general, it's a decently fair coin flip on which tiers you get.

• Cool 2

Players
122 posts
7,150 battles
13 hours ago, Runegrem said:

I like the 2 tier spread. It makes you meet more different ships which makes the game less stale. Also, even if you're in a bad bottom tier ship you're still not a write-off. Some tiers are worse than others, but in general, it's a decently fair coin flip on which tiers you get.

i've been on the top of the scoreboard with my mogami while being the only T8 ship in the battle. MM decided that a T8 cruiser is equivalent to a TX DD so i ended up there. being bottom tier in TX is most of the times difficult, some times if the team works together, it just works

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
5,396 posts
6,787 battles
29 minutes ago, captain_lef said:

i've been on the top of the scoreboard with my mogami while being the only T8 ship in the battle. MM decided that a T8 cruiser is equivalent to a TX DD so i ended up there. being bottom tier in TX is most of the times difficult, some times if the team works together, it just works

T10s are always matched, so it must be a T9 DD. Which makes sense, because MM can balance a Cruiser to a DD +1 Tier. Same goes for balancing a BB vs a Cruiser +1 Tier

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,761 posts
16,579 battles

Bring back +- 3 please much more fun spanking tier 8 BB's in a T5 DD

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,200 posts
7,076 battles
25 minutes ago, cherry2blost said:

No way.

Players
500 posts
9,854 battles

Hell no

The challenge of being lower tier sometimes makes for the best games,

Taking on a Bismark or Tirpiz in my Warspite or a Izumo in KGV are some of my best battles

[SCRUB]
Players
8,366 posts
10,845 battles

The (potential) problem isn't +/-2 MM but the powerjumps at given tier intervals.

It's the performance gaps between major tier transitions (most prominently VII to VIII and then VIII to IX) that are problematic and +/-1 MM won't change that, at all.

Tier VII ships aren't that much inferiour to tier VIII ships ... except those tier VIII ships get an additional upgrade slot with an insanely useful stealth upgrade.

Same thing again with VIII to tier IX ships, again the latter get an additional upgrade slot with upgrades that buff their performance considerably! For cruisers the jump is even bigger because from tier IX onwards cruisers get heal whereas the cruisers of lower tier don't (sole exceptions being the Atago/Takao and the RN CLs).

Nevermind internal tech tree powerjumps like Colorado to North Carolina as a more extreme example, both ships with equally good players in a roughly fair fight and the NC will just sh*t all over the Colorado. And that's just one tier!

+/- 2 tier MM wouldn't be half as frustrating sometimes (emphasis on the sometimes, with many ships you can play pretty well being bottom tier as long as you play it carefully) if WG actually managed to balance the tier progression halfway consistently, but they didn't and that's why we get tier IX MM where Iowas can chase a full speed running Colorado by reversing, resulting in an effective tier difference measured in "what the hell am I supposed to do here, guys?".

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
5,396 posts
6,787 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

It's the performance gaps between major tier transitions (most prominently VII to VIII and then VIII to IX) that are problematic and +/-1 MM won't change that, at all.

T10 Ships are still far more powerful than T9 ships.

Hindenburg is plain better at pushing than Roon, Roon works best when kiting away. Obvious thing.

DM just screws the Balti over in sheer damage output.

Zao better fire chance/more guns than Ibuki, Ibuki is more like Atago with more range or faster reload, but Mogami has also a good fire starting potential.

Donskoi and Moskva cant really be compared, they are very different.

Mino has better concealment/smoke concealment than Neptune, ontop with way faster reload. Downside for Mino ofc u are easier to track in your smoke.

French CAs not sure how they perform in those tiers.

Yamato has Overmatch, Izumo doesnt.

Montana has 33% more firepower than Iowa/NC.

GK has 50% more firepower than FDG/Bismarck.

Lion/Conq are ofc both equally better than Monarch, while conq still has 33% more firepower than Lion.

[CAIN]
Players
2,794 posts
11,013 battles
15 hours ago, cherry2blost said:

True, what's the point of having the three Kamikaze sisters and not being able to tickle Amagis and Bismarcks to death.

I also ask myself, how the Krasny Krim would hold up in TVIII MM, sadly i have to fail-division to test that.

Have to see if i find some brave guys who'd be willing to fail-div the next weekend.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,717 posts
16,313 battles
17 hours ago, cherry2blost said:

LOL this just SCREEEEEEMS Kamakaze owner.............

Am I wrong?

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,257 posts
3,486 battles

+2 MM lets me chomp on the delicious damage as a bottom tier and lets me stomp them seals as top tier. I like +/-2.

Also, most ships aren't actually hopeless agains the ships two tiers above it when played right. 

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,761 posts
16,579 battles
8 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

True, what's the point of having the three Kamikaze sisters and not being able to tickle Amagis and Bismarcks to death.

I also ask myself, how the Krasny Krim would hold up in TVIII MM, sadly i have to fail-division to test that.

Have to see if i find some brave guys who'd be willing to fail-div the next weekend.

I will !!! as long as we find a third to take the T6 as I would be honoured to spam in with a Kami or Cesare

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,761 posts
16,579 battles
6 hours ago, T0byJug said:

LOL this just SCREEEEEEMS Kamakaze owner.............

Am I wrong?

Guilty as charged.... best ship to fail div in by a LOOOOONG margin

This one is quite fun too !

[CAIN]
Players
2,794 posts
11,013 battles
7 hours ago, piritskenyer said:

+2 MM lets me chomp on the delicious damage as a bottom tier and lets me stomp them seals as top tier. I like +/-2.

Also, most ships aren't actually hopeless agains the ships two tiers above it when played right. 

Unlike tanks in WoT, ships in WoWS are quite capable to deal with +2 MM. Granted, some more than others but still.

1 hour ago, cherry2blost said:

I will !!! as long as we find a third to take the T6 as I would be honoured to spam in with a Kami or Cesare

Nice! I'll be home on saturday/sunday and add ya as contact, maybe we can div up for a few games.

Supertester
374 posts
3,435 battles

Here is my 2 cents. Let's quickly look at the current MM. +-2 tier.

IF you are botton tier, you cannot commit to carry a team, only if you are a Unicum player, who really knows their ship and not grinding through a line and trying to know the ship and get that XP. Being bottom tier is bad most of the times, because every ship/new line is balanced to their specific tier. When being bottom tier, EVERY single ships is your counter, mostly the top tier ones.

IF you are top tier, your only real counter are the same tier ships as yours, given you have an idea how to play the specific ship. 

Since WG is balancing the ships to their specific tiers, it is safe to say that we see a good reason why some known CC's not recommend buying T5-T6 (sometimes even T8) premium ships because most of the time you will get uptiered. 

Since MM is set to create a game fast as possible, not looking at anything else, only ship composition, games will not be enjoyable for the average player. (And I am saying thins, because WG clearly stated that it cares for the masses, the average player). 

My question is, how does WG feel, about the average player going into battle, not really knowing every game mechanic present, getting punished, getting frustrated, and with this, their whole team getting frustrated? 

I do not by any means have any numbers, but seeing prime-time ingame presence, I DO BELIEVE, that +-1 MM would be more beneficial for the overall spirit of the game. Difference of power is not that noticeable, games could be more enjoyable, last a bit longer and maybe wouldn't be complete stomps. 

Not everyone can deal huge damage to top tier ships for the XP bonus, they just can't, and while some of you guys are really good players, i personally would like to see some more nail-biter games. Everyone of us remember having a Div game with buddies, being top tier, and getting 8+ kills in that game. I believe there is the playerbase to do this, and instead of nerfing/buffing ships back and forth, they could focus on balance on a smaller circle.  :cap_tea: see you ingame!

Players
3,772 posts
7,464 battles
On 28/01/2018 at 8:10 PM, Aotearas said:

t's the performance gaps between major tier transitions (most prominently VII to VIII and then VIII to IX) that are problematic and +/-1 MM won't change that, at all.

Tier VII ships aren't that much inferiour to tier VIII ships ... except those tier VIII ships get an additional upgrade slot with an insanely useful stealth upgrade.

Same thing again with VIII to tier IX ships, again the latter get an additional upgrade slot with upgrades that buff their performance considerably! For cruisers the jump is even bigger because from tier IX onwards cruisers get heal whereas the cruisers of lower tier don't (sole exceptions being the Atago/Takao and the RN CLs).

Isn't this the biggest problem with T8 cruisers?  BB and DD get a major power shift at T8, cruisers need to wait until T9 to get theirs.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,736 posts
6,135 battles

Personally, while it would be 'nice' to only have same tier (or +/-1) it is a good place to learn caution and patience :)

[SCRUB]
Players
3,208 posts
8,367 battles

WG hides behind "longer wait queue" excuse and we all know that is not the case.

With all the new lines released and premiums (+ the ones to come, cause we all know WG is printing them) also the "ship diversity problem" is not a valid excuse.

I belive the +-1 MM would benefit the game a lot.

As for all the people here saying "its fine" or "its challenging" or "get good":

tenor.gif?itemid=6161804

[NWP]
Players
5,396 posts
6,787 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

WG hides behind "longer wait queue" excuse and we all know that is not the case.

With all the new lines released and premiums (+ the ones to come, cause we all know WG is printing them) also the "ship diversity problem" is not a valid excuse.

Or they could introduce smaller maps for 7v7 when there are less ppl online... afterall, sometimes it happens that MM starts a game with less than 24 players, probably less often than 20BB matches, but still happens.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,078 posts
6,135 battles
2 hours ago, nambr9 said:

I belive the +-1 MM would benefit the game a lot.

As for all the people here saying "its fine" or "its challenging" or "get good":

tenor.gif?itemid=6161804

I've long suspected the reason is so really bad players get a chance to kill something and therefore feel good about themselves, while having something to blame

This way bismark baddies can get a kill on a defenseless Aoba and feel good, but blame their death the next game on the fact a Zao is tier X.

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles
On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:05 PM, cherry2blost said:

*Sighs* Really? Well when you have 68 knot torps it would be wouldn't it but that's fine you keep you overpowered sisters while WG nerfted my Gremmy and Murmansk .

See where this is going +3 MM worked back in the day cos ships could cope with it now they cant as WG have power-creeped there own game.

To be fair MM is ludicrous it should be +1 due to gimmicks and power-creep , Nobody gives a flying monkey about queue times if they moan for having to wait 1 whole minute to get a fair game then they need revaluate there life.   

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,395 posts
8,060 battles

enjoy ther + - 2 mm

and yes I remember when it was 3 tiers higher or lower but I enjoyed the game more then

Sign in to follow this