FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

Matchmaking - personal factors?

9 comments in this topic

Question

Players
1,872 posts
12,917 battles

Hi,

tha battle mechanics page of the Wiki only mentions ship factors for the matchmaking.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_(WoWS)

Obviously there are other factors in play as well though and they must somehow be based on the player. The other day my GF created a new account and its Tier II and Tier III battles are filled up with bots, which I don't get in my account any more, and the human players appear on average less experienced than my opponents in the lower tier matches. Can anyone pont me to the most pertinent thread about this, because this must have been discussed already?

8 answers to this question

Players
1,059 posts
7,748 battles

The matchmaking skill groups are

T1-T3 : New players (determined by account level)

T1-T3: Old players (determined by account level)

T4 and above: Everyone

Your GF doesn't play against the same people as you do in low tiers. She plays against her fellow newbies while you play against your fellow veterans. This is to prevent sealclubbing. You can tell your GF to focus on her T2 and T3 ships and eliting them so that she can play in the seal pool against the other newbies.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
7,536 posts
Vor 6 Minuten, aidenthedestroyer sagte:

what youre saying is just Co-Op...

no it is not. And for PvP you need only account level 3...

Patchnotes for 0.6.13.1. :

Zitat

Improved matchmaker for newcomers on low levels for players whose account level is under 11 and who participate in tier 1-4 battles. Before the change, matchmaker for newcomers was used for players whose account level is under 8 and who participate in tier 1-3 battles. The change is aimed at making the game more comfortable for newcomers.

and with this mm  you can have matches with players and bots mixed on both sides...

• Cool 1

Players
763 posts
3,899 battles

There are many things to know first.

There are 2 main battle type, Co-Op battles and Random battles 

- Co-Op is for newer players (in this case , your GF) and these palyers only face bots in the enemy team

- Random battles is for those who reached a service record of I think Lv 5? (Quote me) here players experience full 15 v15 battles against REAL players (No bots at all)

Now since you are an experienced player, you would ahve selected Random battles hence are facing real players. Now If you want to go for Co-Op battles (Bots), just go to the icon next to the "Battle" button (This icon for you shud be Random Battles and in red colour) and click on it. Here you will have other battle types like Co-Op (Light blue), Ranked (Dark Red), Training (Dark Blue) and scenarios (Blue with a yellow symbol). Just choose Co-Op and then click battle and you are in a battle vs bots.

Now I just read thru and I feel ive done something wrong....

If you are implying that bots play better than your teammates well.... It happens XD

[PUPSI]
Privateer
7,536 posts
Gerade eben, aidenthedestroyer sagte:

- Random battles is for those who reached a service record of I think Lv 5? (Quote me) here players experience full 15 v15 battles against REAL players (No bots at all)

no.  For beginners with less than x (50 battles?) battles and up to tier 4 there is a special protected mm, with bots even in PvP...

• Cool 1

Players
763 posts
3,899 battles
Just now, Klopirat said:

no.  For beginners with less than x (50 battles?) battles and up to tier 4 there is a special protected mm, with bots even in PvP...

Lest I remember, you had to reach a certain service record level I think 10, to unlock PvP.... what youre saying is just Co-Op...

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
45 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

The other day my GF created a new account and its Tier II and Tier III battles are filled up with bots, which I don't get in my account any more, and the human players appear on average less experienced than my opponents in the lower tier matches.

"newbie protection" - lasts up to... I think it was tier 4 and / or account level 11

Players
1,872 posts
12,917 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, aidenthedestroyer sagte:

Bots are marked by colons before and after their names. This was all Random Battles, she didn't do any more Co-op than unavoidable. The number of bots seemed to steadily decrease even before reaching Tier IV.

Vor 2 Stunden, aidenthedestroyer sagte:

Sign in to follow this