Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TigerMoth

CV Torpedo Drops Changed?

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

I had a break from WoWS, so excuse my ignorance, but has the CV torpedo drop changed? It seems CV torpedo bombers can drop a lot closer giving you no ability to maneuver.

Players
910 posts
11,126 battles

Aaah... no? It might be an auto-pleb vs. a manual masterrace aristocrat. The torp. acceleration skill could also mean a slight difference in (a larger) distance, but not in arming time.

Last possible explanation is that this was your first time engaging with a T6 carrier who actually _can_ manual drop.

...but since you are a beta tester, none of this is plausible, and as far as "classic" manual drop distances go, I don't think there was any change.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,804 posts
14,924 battles
1 hour ago, TigerMoth said:

... It seems CV torpedo bombers can drop a lot closer giving you no ability to maneuver...

In a DD, you should be maneuvering as soon as you see the planes; or at least pre-planning your tactics.

I don't care for CV in game, but if they attack a DD before it can maneuvering... that is entirely the DDs fault.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
14 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

Perhaps OP meet an enemy Kaga or Enterprise?

Yeah, definitely, bcuz it's not like he's talking about drop distance not Kagas or Enterprises drop patterns. Did you even read his post?

[ESPA]
Players
1,219 posts
7,032 battles
6 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Yeah, definitely, bcuz it's not like he's talking about drop distance not Kagas or Enterprises drop patterns. Did you even read his post?

Dude... The planes of the Kaga has torpedoes which are much faster than other´s carriers. Which means there is much less reaction time than the others, hell, even you can drop these torpedoes much closer to the target than regular  carriers (altought the frontal torpedoes wouldn't have time to arm, but the three rear ones would) Also we don't know for how long the OP has been away from the game.

Players
910 posts
11,126 battles

Afaik aerial torpedoes have the same arming times regardless of speed. Meaning that if the CV drops on the ideal distance (which varies according to the speed), the reaction time is basically the same.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,062 posts
15,733 battles

Indeed torpedo fuses are time, not range based for air dropped ones. That means if you take the TA skill you'll need to drop further away than without it.

Sign in to follow this