Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Akula971

Service awards and rewards

25 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
966 posts
9,785 battles

Isn't it about time that the World of Warship development team introduced some sort of long service awards system?  You know for all those people that have stuck with you through thick and thin.

The Alpha testers, weekend testers, the beta testers.

Those that have long continuous service since CBT, and OBT

Those that have played a set number of games, 1K, 2K,3K,4K, 5K and above. Just a little thank you from Wargaming to us, the players and payers for providing you with your daily bread. (And putting up with your....edited :)

You could even combine them with other factors. For example:- Congratulations, you've reached 5K games, achieved +50 Karma, you get........

Congratulations you've been with us for 2 years now, you get a flag that gives you either +X% credits, or -X% repair cost.

Just remember Wargaming, that as well as attracting new players, you need to keep the ones you have ;)

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,721 posts
8,716 battles

We did get stuff for every 1k battles during the latest anniversary.

But rewards for milestones would be nice and not difficult to implement.

Things like the "Collector's Club" and such would be really nice.

Something which isn't just aimed at the largest possible contingent of players.

• Cool 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,455 posts
9,547 battles
1 hour ago, Akula971 said:

Isn't it about time that the World of Warship development team introduced some sort of long service awards system?  You know for all those people that have stuck with you through thick and thin.

Those that have played a set number of games, 1K, 2K,3K,4K, 5K and above. Just a little thank you from Wargaming to us, the players and payers for providing you with your daily bread. (And putting up with your....edited :)

You could even combine them with other factors. For example:- Congratulations, you've reached 5K games, achieved +50 Karma, you get........

Congratulations you've been with us for 2 years now, you get a flag that gives you either +X% credits, or -X% repair cost.

Just remember Wargaming, that as well as attracting new players, you need to keep the ones you have ;)

This is not a new idea, WG are simply not interested at all. It's been suggested for a long time now but all WG seem interested in is generating a larger playerbase (fair enough) but offer very little in terms of incentive for loyalty. This just means they don't value long term support since it doesn't feature in their business plan. It's more of an expectation with them and if you complain you're an ungrateful kid throwing all the apparent 'free stuff' they give us in the game, forgetting that it's not free because it requires at the very least invested time. I said before, it needs to be a win win relationship but at present there is an imbalance very much in favour of WG. It's for this very reason my game count has slowed dramatically of late.

Not to mentioned the extremely generous rewards they gave to 'absent' players...now those were free. Stuff most of us paying customers paid for. Makes you feel unappreciated. My loyalty is my wallet and any emotional investment in the game or the company has long gone. It's business...and if I perceive poor value for money, well then the answer is simple. WG wants me to stay, wants me to play more? Well then, they know what they have to do.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
17,841 posts
11,758 battles
1 hour ago, Akula971 said:

Hint:

Guess what all the missions and campaigns are for. Try to get the rewards when not playing...

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,721 posts
8,716 battles
40 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Hint:

Guess what all the missions and campaigns are for. Try to get the rewards when not playing...

That's for everyone playing right at that moment. Nothing special for veterans or long time players.

Rewards for playing the game is all well and good, but we're severely lacking things specifically incentivizing sticking with the game or supporting it for a long time. Conversely there are plenty of stuff given out for recruitment of new players and for people who haven't been playing the game.

[CATS]
Players
17,841 posts
11,758 battles

That is what veteran players do.

The more you play, the more you get.

Try getting the Spee or Kamikaze by just playing, you cannot. Veterans have them.

I will never get the Arkansas Beta because I started too late. Beta Veterans have her.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,721 posts
8,716 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Try getting the Spee or Kamikaze by just playing, you cannot. Veterans have them.

I will never get the Arkansas Beta because I started too late. Beta Veterans have her.

And still none of it requires you to be playing outside of those specific time frames.

Getting stuff for playing is an incentive to play right now, not a reward for previous service. Whatever you've accumulated by just playing isn't comparable to the completely free (as in requiring no additional effort) stuff non-players get now for doing nothing.

I'm not saying the campaigns and missions are bad, they are just a completely different thing from rewarding veterans. Both should be present.

Everything WG adds is catering towards future accomplishments. None of it towards previous ones.

Even the badges we got now which would have been the easiest and cheapest way to acknowledge old players doesn't take anything into account which is prior to their implementation, not a single thing.

The best you can hope for is sitting on an OP ship once they remove it from sale. That's a pretty shitty thing to hope for and obviously not something WG does intentionally to reward loyal players.

[CATS]
Players
17,841 posts
11,758 battles

Still, if you played them all, you are a veteran.

And if you play more, you get all the weekly rewards too.

Start a new account and compare all the goodies with an old account.

I have hundreds of flags, premium camos that I did not buy. I have a couple 10, 12 and 15 points captains I did not train, premium ships for free, one that is not for sale anymore.

And yes, twotimes, veteran players got retroactive rewards for past games.

One was for number of games and one was for Tier X ships in port.

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

I'm rather fine with the way it is. As free to play companies to they are a whole less greedy than some of them. Especially if you compare them to AAA companies like EA and Activision-blizzard. 

They are on a constant quest to squeeze money from everyone's pockets. It's not that bad in my opinion. 

That said, I would be interested in this collector club I keep hearing about. Don't really know what it is our what it does. But it sounds interesting.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,721 posts
8,716 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Still, if you played them all, you are a veteran.

And if you play more, you get all the weekly rewards too.

Start a new account and compare all the goodies with an old account.

I have hundreds of flags, premium camos that I did not buy. I have a couple 10, 12 and 15 points captains I did not train, premium ships for free, one that is not for sale anymore.

Yes, playing a game gives you in-game stuff. I assume that everyone is on-board with that assertion.

I'm not talking about the basic function of "play -> get stuff". I'm talking about WG rewarding something by looking back instead of constantly looking forward. It's this continuing idea of "we'll give you something if you give us something" and never "you've given us so much, here have this". I'm saying there is room for both, especially since we've been seeing more and more of "hey random guy who doesn't play, here is a bunch of stuff, please consider coming back some time, bye".

13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And yes, twotimes, veteran players got retroactive rewards for past games.

One was for number of games and one was for Tier X ships in port.

Yes, that's why I mentioned it in my first post because it's so incredibly rare.

[CATS]
Players
17,841 posts
11,758 battles

So, if they gave you less, but gave you more retroactivly, basicly giving you the same ammount, you would be happier?

[TIPC]
Players
409 posts
17,917 battles

they gave every anniversary various flags for every 1000 battles and a supercontainer with every tier 10 ship. that was generous i want to give them that..i got some premium ships and useful staf from the sc....but in the other hand my problem/question is this..im a veteran i played some thousands battles...if i hadnt the opportunity to log in the anniversary dates i couldnt get my rewards..so y they dont put them directly in the acount instead u had to log in and play battles.. that wasnt to cool

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,721 posts
8,716 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

So, if they gave you less, but gave you more retroactivly, basicly giving you the same ammount, you would be happier?

:Smile_facepalm:

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,721 posts
8,716 battles
50 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

So you just want more stuff?

I guessed as much.

Yes?

That's kind of the point when someone makes a topic about wanting more stuff.

Is wanting more a bad thing now?

Beta Tester
966 posts
9,785 battles

its not only about free stuff, its about recognition for all the hours, all games that you've played, Even now they could say do 1K games, get some sort of reward other than a useless medal or equally useless flag. It would reward the long term players and give the new players another goal to aim for.

How many people have you seen in a tier 4,5,6 or 7 ship with NO cammo on it, NO signals, they must have played hundreds of games to get there, and probably badly, so give them a permanent cammo for a ship after so many games, perhaps not with all the positives a premium permanent cammo gives. Give them a permanent signal, that provides a small benefit, that says thank you for playing hundreds of games, we APPRECIATE your loyalty and dedication. Because the way the game is now sucks! there is no incentive for new players to improve or stay. You could even phase the rewards out as you go up the tiers, so that new players hang onto lower tier ships, get 250 games in your Kuma, free special cammo, free special flag for that ship with small benefit. They might actually learn something. It does not stop them progressing at all.

Same for the old hands. I have a CBT flag. Benefit ? None. Yes I got a BB I hardly play. But I did not stop playing there and then, I continued playing, bought premiums, bought premium time, put far too many hours into it. Had some fun, and a lot, an awful lot of frustration. If wargaming don't appreciate their loyal customers and players, then they don't deserve to have them. The introduction of the game on steam will provide a blip in figures for how long?

I'm off to clean the kitchen work tops, more satisfaction than playing WoWs!!!

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,721 posts
8,716 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Considering how much stuff WG is dishing out, it feels greedy.

That's very subjective.

All of it, aside from the anniversary rewards, are gained by giving WG what they want. It's a trade and WG wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't in their favor.

And considering what they are willing to give for nothing in return to inactive players, I think their pockets are way deeper than you give them credit for. 

They don't have to start with something like the ton of stuff the inactive players are getting, just some token of appreciation for the older players who have stuck around. Then we can see where we go from there.

If people appreciate it and WG gets the feedback they want they can expand on it.

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,455 posts
9,547 battles
8 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Think about what you just said...you have sentences which almost contradict one another. Rewards to taking part in alpha 'test' or 'beta 'test' are in no way, shape or form anywhere near the same as rewards for loyalty. Don't get this confused. They may seem to be that which you specify, but they're not. They're once off items for very specific events. Has nothing to do with game count, longevity of membership or support, nothing.

Players
204 posts
329 battles

Here:

Spoiler

1920px-Maler_der_Grabkammer_des_Menna_01

A sailing ship made out of straw. Can't' be any more ancient than this. Or is a floating log more apropirate just to clarify that you'r old!? :cap_old:

IMO, they hand out stuff with the first 15 lvl's and probably stopped on that idea due player progress managment decisions.

Veterans should be content with hawing the rarest ships that only a few got thear hands on. And they better be not competitive in pvp.

The idea of player earned emblems is in general a veteran medal of sorts. But like mentioned before, WG doesn't care for long term players as much as the quantity of em.

So a metal grade by year and shape by rank medal is out of the question due WG policy. Better indroduce a patch or emblem to personalyze your profile and hopefully trigger you sunk enemies to flame talk you back.:cap_popcorn:

Spoiler

1ftyeu.jpg

[CATS]
Players
17,841 posts
11,758 battles
16 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

Think about what you just said...you have sentences which almost contradict one another. Rewards to taking part in alpha 'test' or 'beta 'test' are in no way, shape or form anywhere near the same as rewards for loyalty. Don't get this confused. They may seem to be that which you specify, but they're not. They're once off items for very specific events. Has nothing to do with game count, longevity of membership or support, nothing.

But they do. They more you play, the more of these rewards you got.

A Beta player who did not play after closed Beta and starts now, does not have all these ships you could get for free: Albany, Tachibana, Campletown, Kamikaze, Oktoberevulotion, Shinonome, Spee, Duke, Nelson, Missouri, Musashi and any premiums you got from containers and any premiums you could "buy" during events.

3 hours ago, Akula971 said:

How many people have you seen in a tier 4,5,6 or 7 ship with NO cammo on it, NO signals, they must have played hundreds of games to get there, and probably badly, so give them a permanent cammo for a ship after so many games, perhaps not with all the positives a premium permanent cammo gives.

We already got that twotimes for around 8 Tier VI ships in total. Add to that the two line splits we had which gave you the option do double some permanent camos, even getting a higher tier one.

Beta Tester
966 posts
9,785 battles

Nearly every major consumer business offers loyalty programs in order to keep customers coming back, Wargaming? Yeah you can grind, grind, grind, and be thankful for the small reward you get. As to rare ships? yeah most are available in paid for crates, the exception being the Iwaki Alpha, and Arkansas beta.  I just see a company that is concentrating on taking.

[CATS]
Players
17,841 posts
11,758 battles

Because you ignore the stuff you are getting and think you should get even more. Which you will probably forget again and demand even more.

[PONY]
Beta Tester
4,795 posts
8,020 battles

Damm Mobile Phone tricked me, so here is my view again.

I dont see any reason for WG to give out more stuff to Alpha oder Betatester. Tests are over a long time, Alpha Testers got Iwaki Alpha and a Flag, Betatester got Arkansas Beta and a Flag. I think both ships are showing given away as reward for testing, even when some of them didnt give any Feedback. Everyone that played since Game did come in Open Beta or later did the same, like the people bevor. Every player that played that long time got (or had the chance to) some Ships, Premium Time, Flags and so on. So why should now Alpha- Beta- oder Weekendtesters get more things? I find that just greedy, especially since some (or even more) of them didnt give any Feedback till now.

Sign in to follow this