You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hiro_016

success in this game = no EDIT in your team

40 comments in this topic

[ANIME]
Players
172 posts
8,441 battles

I have been played Kaga since Christmas and not gonna lie, she is really strong against braindead... most of the time I successfully snipe out enemy CV...

but my win rate with her is not impressive at all... I notice that no matter how much i carrier.. if the team is full of braindead i'll lost. 

what i saw is ridiculous:

DD push in super even know he has no support, even worst when he is the only DD in my team...

team lemme but refuse to defend when lemme is fail (they will keep pushing until they die or break the line)

so on and so on.

i just don't get what kind of logic they're using... but i'm tired of seeing this every random.

Edited by Kampa1987
Insulting title
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
239 posts
5,227 battles

Tell me about it. Just today I was planning on playing through my tier 8 ships and so I chose Giulio as "warmup"...

8 kills for me and 3 for the rest of my team... And we lose.

I say this a lot to my friend I play with, but it's true: I would pay money to stand behind the terrible players and watch them play as they narrate their thought process behind their decisions. Honestly I cannot figure out why they do some things and how they remain so oblivious to other things that are there right before their eyes.

• Cool 2

[AAO]
Players
2,134 posts
10,657 battles
19 minutes ago, Turnipsi said:

to stand behind the terrible players and watch them play as they narrate their thought process behind their decisions

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
17,829 posts
11,758 battles

CV sniping is not smart play.

• Takes very long
  • Gives enemy CV free reign over map
  • Enemy CV spots your team
  • You do not spot for you team
  • Enemy team can take control over map and has an advantage in eliminating your teams DD

Players
2,170 posts
52 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

CV sniping is not smart play.

• Takes very long
  • Gives enemy CV free reign over map
  • Enemy CV spots your team
  • You do not spot for you team
  • Enemy team can take control over map and has an advantage in eliminating your teams DD

Exactly what he said.

To the OP, try looking in the mirror, you may get lucky and spot the "braindead" leading to your losses. Change your play and attitude and maybe your win rate will improve significantly. A well played CV is an asset, a poorly played one has just inflicted an enemy CV on the rest of the team without proper support.

Maybe stop playing CV?

Players
2,804 posts
14,924 battles
1 hour ago, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami said:

...DD push in super even know he has no support, even worst when he is the only DD in my team...

They only DD on your team and they didn't even get support from the teams CV?

That is rough.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
1,941 posts
10,648 battles
2 hours ago, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami said:

I have been played Kaga since Christmas and not gonna lie, she is really strong against braindead... most of the time I successfully snipe out enemy CV...

Yeap this is exactly why your winrate in a CV will be bad. Only brain dead CV players will attempt to waste time sniping the opposing CV players. Good CV players don't waste time doing that but help scout and support friendly ships.

Maybe change that style before complaining about your teammates since with the way you're describing it you aren't exactly much better than them.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,055 posts
15,733 battles

Uhm, your winrate in the Kaga is actually fairly okay at 64%?

You're not close to breaking any records but that doesn't mean it's bad.

You'll always lose in CVs if your team is braindead. Doesn't matter what CV you're captaining. Your DDs go suicide in cap? Your BBs are camping behind you? Or anything else that loses a match faster than a bad CV? Yeah, nothing you can do about that. Best you can hope for is that the enemy team is even more braindead than yours.

That said, like the others have told you CV sniping is more often than not a waste of time. If your enemy is good he won't let himself be sniped in the first place. If he's bad then you'll earn a lot more income by simply killing his planes. Either way attempting a snipe is of no benefit to you.

Go try to support your DDs at the beginning of the match instead by scouting and killing off enemy DDs and other high priority targets such as radar equipped cruisers (in fact personally I rate the Belfast in particular as a higher priority target than even DDs). Considering you're captaining a Kaga you can even afford to sacrifice a few strike planes doing so considering your ridiculous reserves (don't overdo it, though).

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,107 posts
27,223 battles
2 hours ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

That is rough.

Agree, That poor DD player pressing the "Provide AA Support" button like mad, while his "Braindead" CV player has all his planes flying around the borders for 4 minutes to make a snipe on the enemy CV.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[THROW]
Players
835 posts
22,352 battles

Carrier sniping in a kaga is okay if the opportunity presents itself especially if you are up against superior fighters (anything other than another kava or ranger) but if there is no gap opening up in the enemy team then sniping is a waste of time as you would have to send your planes on about a 3 minute journey around the map and they will probably be spotted due the the 8km plane spotting range that they have now. So in short the only times it's ok to snipe is when a hole opens up the the enemy team and you can get your planes through either undected or the cvs fighter are dead or too far away. Other than that in the kaga it is best to protect your team with the fighters and try to bait the enemy into AA as most of the time you will not win a straight out fight with a hiryu and definitely not with a Saipan. However if you are up against a ranger it is easy to just lock and strafe out. 

[SNUBS]
Players
1,338 posts
7,123 battles
10 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

A CV sniper talking about braindead team mates?

This is some next level joke here, lol :cap_popcorn:

this lol. you already mentioned one of the reasons yourself why you lose so often. 

[ANIME]
Players
172 posts
8,441 battles
10 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

A CV sniper talking about braindead team mates?

This is some next level joke here, lol :cap_popcorn:

who dont CV snipe in Kaga.....

[ANIME]
Players
172 posts
8,441 battles
24 minutes ago, lameoll said:

this lol. you already mentioned one of the reasons yourself why you lose so often. 

even know is success 90% of the time? plus i don't just snipe by hide my planes then try to cause him off guard, i basically beat these guy in ALT fight then priority my target to enemy CV. 

your comment logic hurt my brain... yes is make sense if it not successful but when is successful, they're no reason why I'm losing so often 

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,068 battles

I'll make this simple:

CV players you can snipe = CV players that are no danger at all

CV players that are dangerous = CV players you won't be able to snipe

So you are basically wasting 5 or more minutes to kill an enemy that is no threat while the enemy team can focus your important ships without having to fear plane attacks.

• Cool 1

Players
1,941 posts
10,648 battles
5 minutes ago, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami said:

your comment logic hurt my brain... yes is make sense if it not successful but when is successful, they're no reason why I'm losing so often 

Contrary to popular beliefs, CVs don't play their own game while the rest of the team do their own things. Prioritising the enemy CV as your first target is a mistake because while it may or may not make your life easier after sinking the enemy CV, that is time wasted as cornflakes point out above. That 5 minutes can be better spent say killing the enemy DDs that are trying to cap or harrassing your friendly DD.

Playing CV is not about just doing damage but who you're doing damage to. 

[SNUBS]
Players
1,338 posts
7,123 battles
49 minutes ago, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami said:

your comment logic hurt my brain.

no as if you already beat him in the air. Why waste planes on his ship (witch is useless) when u can use it to help your DDS survivs (killing their dds or BBs)

yes common sence really hurts your brain it seems.

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles

CVs have the best opportunity to influence win rate out of any ship. If there's any single ship that decides which team wins, it's usually the CV.

If you think you get good results but a bad win rate, you're playing for your own gain at the expense of the team's.

[CR-S]
Players
478 posts
20,832 battles
14 hours ago, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami said:

most of the time I successfully snipe out enemy CV..

14 hours ago, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami said:

my win rate with her is not impressive at all

Somehow these two statements are related.

If you send your planes on a round-trip along the edges of the map - who will cover your lone DD? Or spot enemy ships? You throw away the victory for the sake of a egoistic pleasure.

2 hours ago, AnotherDuck said:

you're playing for your own gain at the expense of the team's

Exactly. With a CV you think ahead and have patience. Spot, hold your fire and look out for lone ships which are less risky to attack. Fly over spots where none of your ships is positioned to find a sneaky DD lurking etc

A short how-to:

- spot enemy BBs. Your teammates will HE-shave them clean of AA guns and force them to damage-con. Then you can attack at lesser risk and cause a flood or fire which will stick perma.

- spot enemy DDs. Your cruisers will deal with them.

- keep calm and don´t get distracted/upset by panicking players which demand fighter cover. Ok, ofc help them, if you have some fighters nearby.

- did i mention spotting?

- keep moving. When i see planes always coming from/going to the same spot then i know exactly behind what island the CV is anchoring.

- keep an eye on your AA-strong ships. You can save your planes over them when enemy comes with superior fighter squadrons. Many teammates (including me) are happy to help out a friendly CV-skipper whose spotting helped to do some damage :Smile_honoring:

[ANIME]
Players
172 posts
8,441 battles
16 hours ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

That is rough.

what you want me to fly my planes into the middle of the whole enemy team AA defend? 

Players
260 posts
15 minutes ago, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami said:

what you want me to fly my planes into the middle of the whole enemy team AA defend? 

3 hours ago, drmajga said:

Somehow these two statements are related.

If you send your planes on a round-trip along the edges of the map - who will cover your lone DD? Or spot enemy ships? You throw away the victory for the sake of a egoistic pleasure.

Exactly. With a CV you think ahead and have patience. Spot, hold your fire and look out for lone ships which are less risky to attack. Fly over spots where none of your ships is positioned to find a sneaky DD lurking etc

A short how-to:

- spot enemy BBs. Your teammates will HE-shave them clean of AA guns and force them to damage-con. Then you can attack at lesser risk and cause a flood or fire which will stick perma.

- spot enemy DDs. Your cruisers will deal with them.

- keep calm and don´t get distracted/upset by panicking players which demand fighter cover. Ok, ofc help them, if you have some fighters nearby.

- did i mention spotting?

- keep moving. When i see planes always coming from/going to the same spot then i know exactly behind what island the CV is anchoring.

- keep an eye on your AA-strong ships. You can save your planes over them when enemy comes with superior fighter squadrons. Many teammates (including me) are happy to help out a friendly CV-skipper whose spotting helped to do some damage :Smile_honoring:

drmajga answered it pretty accurately! Read how to!  

Players
260 posts
5 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

If your only DD is there, yes.

Nah why use your brain and make a sensible choice....we are talking about brain dead here, must snipe enemy CV!!!!!!

Oh ops the op was accusing others of being brain dead, I misread, sorry.