Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
boogieman221thx

Dont want to mess up my commander! reserve- sell ship-. assign to new one

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
6 posts
4,101 battles

Howdy folks!

 

 

I have a pretty noob question but im totally dizzy cause of playing like 50 battles in a row.

 

I have a Friedrich der Große with a good skilled commander. recently i achieved enough xp to research Großer Kurfürst but i dont have enough credits to actually BUY the ship. Although, if i would be able to sell Friedrich i can purchase Kurfürst.

now what do i have to do when i want to:

 

1. Send commander to reserve

2. sell Friedrich

3. Buy kurfürst

4. assign friedrich commander to kurfürst

 

 

the only option i can click on the commanders menue is "dismiss" but i guess thats the wrong button? dont wanna mess things up :/ 

 

sorry if this has been posted already but through out google search i did not find a suitable solution for my problem

 

 

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
1,668 posts
9,931 battles

@boogieman221thx when you sell the ship there is an option to send the commander to the reserve before you click sell, unless your reserve is full, then you should dismiss a commander you don't want first or buy more spaces...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,596 posts
15,753 battles

You can also put him onto a German premium ship like II Emden if you have one. Or 'buy' a I Hermelin and park him there without retraining.

 

Instead of buying commander spaces you can wait until you get one from a signals container.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6 posts
4,101 battles

thanks for all the answers, i was indeed going full retard when i opened the thread. 

 

there were simply no available slots in my reserve, thats why i could only dismiss the commander.

 

thx again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester
680 posts
5,577 battles

..as above, or just re-buy a tier 1 (German), bung him in that, buy your new ship, transfer and retrain accordingly.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,669 posts
8,430 battles
3 hours ago, Kevbar said:

..as above, or just re-buy a tier 1 (German), bung him in that, buy your new ship, transfer and retrain accordingly.

I didn't even know this was possible?

What would happen if I were to put the captain of one ship on another without retraining and then trying to do battle? I presume I wouldn't be able to enter the battle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester
680 posts
5,577 battles
7 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I didn't even know this was possible?

What would happen if I were to put the captain of one ship on another without retraining and then trying to do battle? I presume I wouldn't be able to enter the battle?

Well, have to admit I've not actually done as you suggested, but I'm (educated) guessing that you could enter battle but your relevant Captain skills would be reduced accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,596 posts
15,753 battles
11 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I didn't even know this was possible?

What would happen if I were to put the captain of one ship on another without retraining and then trying to do battle? I presume I wouldn't be able to enter the battle?

 

I can tell, I tried this on my NA account. Your captain's skills are at 50% or inactive (Priority Target, Last Stand) and your captain gains 0 XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
204 posts
329 battles
8 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

I can tell, I tried this on my NA account. Your captain's skills are at 50% or inactive (Priority Target, Last Stand) and your captain gains 0 XP.

The cat is out of its bag. :cap_book:

That's how you level your captain till t5 unless you want one dedicated for sealcobing in low tiers. It's metioned multiple times in the forums, that concealment expert is a must haw skill from t5 and up.

I usually reap the daily bonus from my T1 ship and my premium T2 for now. The more premiums with daily bonus the faster you level your captain. Premium time is a big bonus if you haw a lot of time daily to.

A 10 pt captain you can get from missions, but those are only from ~T7'ish ones.

Some people decide to focus on one nation, i progress on 4 so my captains are on 6 pts now. Till i get one to 10 pt's i wont be going to t5 soon at the pace i play now.

 

TL:DR

Thinking outside the box is an indispensable real life skill that should be honed till you die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,596 posts
15,753 battles
10 hours ago, nimlock said:

The cat is out of its bag. :cap_book:

That's how you level your captain till t5 unless you want one dedicated for sealcobing in low tiers. It's metioned multiple times in the forums, that concealment expert is a must haw skill from t5 and up.

I usually reap the daily bonus from my T1 ship and my premium T2 for now. The more premiums with daily bonus the faster you level your captain. Premium time is a big bonus if you haw a lot of time daily to.

A 10 pt captain you can get from missions, but those are only from ~T7'ish ones.

Some people decide to focus on one nation, i progress on 4 so my captains are on 6 pts now. Till i get one to 10 pt's i wont be going to t5 soon at the pace i play now.

 

TL:DR

Thinking outside the box is an indispensable real life skill that should be honed till you die.

 

Tier 5 is too low IMO, I think most people get their 10th point at tier 7, maybe late tier 6 if they use premium ships. BTW playing a tier 1 with a captain, isn't that seal clubbing? :cap_hmm:

 

The best way is to just play the game as it goes. Premium time and ships accelerate the process immensely, without that you need more time. If you train a captain at very low tiers to a relatively high level you will need even more time to retrain him for the desired ship. The higher the captain's level is the higher is the retraining cost. So it's a lot of waste of XP to grind captains at very low tiers (where XP gains are the lowest anyway).

Another way to speed up the process is to use signal flags (if you have unlocked them). Both ship XP and captain XP flags contribute to the total captain's XP. It's best to use those at the highest possible tier with daily bonus and a really good game (2k+ base XP, 3k+ if you carry hard).

 

On a side note, you have less than 300 battles. Maybe you shouldn't overthink it too much and just have fun for now. At low tiers the player's skill and willingness to learn is much more decisive than some captain points. You need some understanding of the game to get a real use out of the captain skills anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
204 posts
329 battles
7 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

Tier 5 is too low IMO, I think most people get their 10th point at tier 7, maybe late tier 6 if they use premium ships.

Tier 5 starts with +2 MM. How many captain skills does a T7 ship usually haw? 10-14 pts (14 pts is the powerspicke of any build btw)! Seeing that i face a lot of T3 sealcobers in my T2 ships with only 25k players on the server most frequently durning my gaming hours, a 10 pts captain is  a necessity to maintain my WR%.

7 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

BTW playing a tier 1 with a captain, isn't that seal clubbing? :cap_hmm:

It is, but it's not as apparent till i haw more games under my belt and on a second note, i haw 4 T2 premiums that i paid for ~5 euro's worth so naturally i would want to get the benefit of a paying custoomer so the moral of the f2p crowd does't bother me as much. T2 with an averange 500 xp income is decent considering that T5-7 would net me 1000 xp on averange but the battles themselves would take way longer due all the camping enforced by hydro and radar.

7 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

If you train a captain at very low tiers to a relatively high level you will need even more time to retrain him for the desired ship. The higher the captain's level is the higher is the retraining cost. So it's a lot of waste of XP to grind captains at very low tiers (where XP gains are the lowest anyway).

That's why you haw dubloons. Some people retrain at each tier, i on the other hand consider T5 the breaking point. Looking at the fact that i haw allready met people in T1 with radio location skill any moral argument loses it's merit when the f2p can get the same benefits of this game investing more time and i can by spending some money and keeping the servers actually running.

8 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

Another way to speed up the process is to use signal flags (if you have unlocked them). Both ship XP and captain XP flags contribute to the total captain's XP. It's best to use those at the highest possible tier with daily bonus and a really good game (2k+ base XP, 3k+ if you carry hard).

Not worth it. Better save up on hard tech tree grinds for later. Even i am not that rich to buy flags for every in game battle.

8 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

On a side note, you have less than 300 battles. Maybe you shouldn't overthink it too much and just have fun for now. At low tiers the player's skill and willingness to learn is much more decisive than some captain points. You need some understanding of the game to get a real use out of the captain skills anyway.

At the start with unicum stats every battle was against seal clubbers, now at 55 WR% it's mixed. IMO low tiers are the most fun anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,669 posts
8,430 battles

When I (as a new player) started getting into tier 5, I was way behind on getting 10 skill points on all my commanders. My first 10pt captains I gotten by completing the operations so I could take the CE skill.

I can tell you that having a tier 7 DD without CE is really self-punishing :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×