You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PhoenixFire18

Recommended Tier 6 and 8 Premiums?

39 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
1,392 battles

Im looking to get my hands on a premium ship to grind credits with, having had to sell half my shipyard to buy the Izumo.

I know tier 8 is probably the best for getting credits, but a tier 6 to do operations in would also be nice.

So, any recommendations? and should i get a tier 8 or 6? 

[THROW]
Weekend Tester
969 posts
4,862 battles

Get a Missouri until you can, nothing comes even close to the credit making potential (about double than everything else).

[L4GG]
Players
1,721 posts
6,833 battles
18 minutes ago, P0k3m0n said:

Im looking to get my hands on a premium ship to grind credits with, having had to sell half my shipyard to buy the Izumo.

I know tier 8 is probably the best for getting credits, but a tier 6 to do operations in would also be nice.

So, any recommendations? and should i get a tier 8 or 6? 

How about a premium camo on your favourite t6 or t7 ship?

To play operation it's better if you have a faster ship, while 25 knots (my Bayern) it's fine in raptor mission and in Newport mission in the others you will struggle a little to keep up. Just saying.

If you want t8, why not slap a premium camo on your Amagi?

credits wise you will get 50% more than you already have (captain's).

After that and in top of that if you want some variety then go for a premium.

Didn't get in t8 yet myself, so I can't advice on that.

[THROW]
Weekend Tester
969 posts
4,862 battles
Just now, Butterdoll said:

credits wise you will get 50% more.

You really won't. You will get more xp and pay less repair, but you won't earn more.

[L4GG]
Players
1,721 posts
6,833 battles
1 minute ago, Lord_WC said:

You really won't. You will get more xp and pay less repair, but you won't earn more.

I just finished correcting myself.

Beta Tester
139 posts
9,200 battles

Do you need a crew trainer for a particular nation and class - that may dictate?

BB wise the Arizona and Warspite are a solid choice.

CL/CA De Grasse, Duca and Molotov are sound.

DD wise not much choice Galant and Anshan - I prefer the Gallant but others like the Anshan - close call.

Since you mentioned the Missions I find the cruisers are a better choice, unless as per my first sentence :)

The Perth can be interesting but its a defo love or hate it.

Mutsu, Graf Spee and Dunk a bit meh. Not sure about the Mak, but its very similar to the Nurmberg so should be OK but same as the Perth mixed opinions - mainly cus its so squishy.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,065 posts
7,531 battles

Depending on how urgent your need is, there is something to be said for waiting for special offers; you can periodically save quite a bit when ships are placed on promotion.

Otherwise, I'd suggest getting something you know you'll do well with e.g. if you're great with DDs, then a BB may not be the best choice, and so on.

Players
934 posts
4,251 battles

I recommend the Giulio Cesare despite the fact it's a tier 5, it's a fantastic ship that's pretty much OP when top tier and can still deliver decent results when bottom tier. Great earner, fun to play for a BB, fantastic ship and everyone should have one, mainly because if they did, I might feel slightly less guilty when I play mine.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,323 posts
7,937 battles

to add to what the fine gentlemen before me already said: if you're a DD lover, you would be well advised to wait a little more - there's a T6 german premium DD coming soontm that is looking like an absolute beast (or at least it was when last I heard about it).

If you've narrowed down your choices a bit more by deciding on a class and/or nation, you should probably also check YouTube - Flamu has reviews on pretty much all the premiums. Or if you're more into reading, LittleWhiteMouse does an amazing job of producing extremely high quality written reviews (google's your friend there^^).

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,065 posts
7,531 battles

+1 to the reading LWM thing from @Tyrendian89's post; an easy way to find her reviews, incidentally, is to go to the wiki (http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships); most of the write-ups for premium ships on there include a link to the appropriate LWM review.

• Cool 1

Players
636 posts
5,037 battles

Missouri at T9 prints credits to such an extreme that she practically invalidates every other premium ship in the game for the purpose of credit gain until she is no longer available for purchase.

If you NEED to buy something NOW, Anshan will help you get to Missouri faster because of the FXP boosting camo.

If you are better with BBs, Arizona. If you like cruisers more, Molotov.

I'd advise against buying a t8 premium with less than 1k battles under your belt.

Players
934 posts
4,251 battles

Second (or third or fourth or whatever) the recommendation for LWM's reviews. Flamu, Flambass, iChase, Notser, NoZoup, Jingles et al can give you their view of the ship but LWM's always seem (to me) to be the most objective and balanced with the least personal bias. Certainly a great starting point for any premium purchase you're considering. :Smile_great:

[AAO]
Players
2,134 posts
10,657 battles

Neither. They both see terrible matchmaking. Get a tier 7 or slap a premium camo on a tier 7/9/10.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,065 posts
7,531 battles

BTW the HSF Graf Spee *might* be worth a look - opinion seems to be rather divided on this ship (I quite like her, although I'm not much good with her), but she might gel with your mid-tier KM cruisers.

The 10 point captain is quite nice to have (I think you can switch off the anime voices if they annoy you), but it does involve a bundle, which may not be to your taste.

This assumes you go with a T6, of course.

Players
3 posts
1,392 battles
17 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

Neither. They both see terrible matchmaking. Get a tier 7 or slap a premium camo on a tier 7/9/10.

i only intend to use the tier 6 in operations. As for the tier 8, i hear the scharnhorst is a very good choice at tier 7

[SM0KE]
Players
3,065 posts
7,531 battles
7 minutes ago, P0k3m0n said:

i only intend to use the tier 6 in operations. As for the tier 8, i hear the scharnhorst is a very good choice at tier 7

I don't think I've ever seen anyone ever be rude about the Sharnhorst; Yuro's 'How To Sharnhorst' video on YouTube is worth a look...

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,719 posts
8,716 battles

For tier 8 I'd say Atago or Alabama.

Atago is one of the most reliable CA in the game due to its repair, tough deck armor and universally effective HE shells.

Alabama is a very versatile BB that can be used both at longer ranges and closer to cap points. While it might not be as effective in long range sniping as the North Carolina or the IJN BBs, it's leagues better than both in close quarters. Powerful guns, great agility for a BB, good gun traverse and amazing torpedo protection.

If you like DDs and more importantly DD v DD play, then the Kidd is a very strong and fun ship.

For tier 6 it really depends on what you want from your ship. There are no universal premium ships at that tier.

Mutsu is a good BB and so is Arizona. But both have substantial weaknesses. Mutsu excels against cruisers due to her ability to overmatch bow and stern armor, but if she hits heavy armor of BBs for example she suffers from having poor penetration. Arizona is pretty accurate for having 12 guns and she is also pretty tanky, but her speed is really bad.

Molotov and Duca d'Aosta are good cruisers. Molotov has very powerful guns but suffers from being very clumsy and bad at turning. Duca is a quick and nimble cruiser but the guns have questionable use at longer ranges as they lose velocity and her HE shells are garbage.

I hesitate to recommend any DD for operations.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

LWM's reviews are the best yes and she even improves her review methodology over time.

Flamu's reviews are "ok" but his reviews basically consist of a best case game where he farms the innocent potatoes then talks about an aspect of the ship being "garbage" :Smile_teethhappy:

I'd play a few more battles and decide what sort of ships you enjoy playing, people can recommend ships but they may not work for you. Only you can really decide if something is good.

Only thing I'll say is  beware of any BB that is slower than about 25 knots, that's Prem ships like the Warspite and Arizona. Whilst they're still awesome ships, the meta has developed into lots of fast BBs being attainable for everyone. You may find in quite a few games you're simply left behind or chased down because your BB only does about 21 knots... If you're new a fast BB will buy you a lot of tactical flexibility and dig you out of sticky situations. But saying that please don't buy a Tirpitz without doing a lot of research :cap_haloween:

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,441 posts
13,192 battles

T9: Missouri BB for credits (while still available)
T8: Atago CA (great allrounder, with good stealth, alpha volleys, torps and heal); Alabama BB, Tirpitz BB (only if you know what you are doing)
T7: Leningrad DD (need for speed); Scharnhorst BB (solid ship)
T6: Gallant DD

T6 is the hardest tier to make a recommendation for actually because you can either chose in between a couple slow but tough BB's or a lot of brittle CA's.

Please note that almost every ship has a drawback of some kind, for example the Atago is missing gun range and reload, the Tirpitz has low AA, the Leningrd is somewhat odd because it requires a specific set of skills and the Gallant is the only British DD so far.

So ask yourself what type of ships you like, which tier you play most, what kind of a captain's trainer you need (which nation) and how much money you want to spend (T8 and T9 are more expensive but will also print more credits).

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,721 posts
6,833 battles
1 hour ago, P0k3m0n said:

DeGrasse.

[THROW]
Weekend Tester
969 posts
4,862 battles
4 hours ago, Yaffle1234 said:

DD wise not much choice Galant and Anshan - I prefer the Gallant but others like the Anshan - close call.

Both are actually pretty bad. Leningrad or Loyang are the two best DDs. T6 DDs suffer from constant noobtub spam and they don't even have AA so every monkey can drop them.

Players
2,170 posts
4 hours ago, P0k3m0n said:

For Operations play the DeGrasse is really nice, assuming you like the French cruisers which I do.

T8 is tricky, I personally actively dislike the Atago as I really loathed the Myoko and it's basically a Myoko with better torps, some more armour and a heal. Alabama is a very nice BB to play and a solid performer. I rather like the Tirpitz too, but it's not for everyone.

Scharnhorst is great fun at T7.

DD wise, there are some worthy contenders, but DD play isn't for everyone and they're pretty lousy for Operations unless you're rather good at DD's.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,385 battles
6 hours ago, Lord_WC said:

Both are actually pretty bad. Leningrad or Loyang are the two best DDs. T6 DDs suffer from constant noobtub spam and they don't even have AA so every monkey can drop them.

Galant and Anshan are pretty bad?

Which tier 6 DD you consider better then?

And the weak AA point applies to all DDs with some notable exceptions (Kidd, tech tree US DDs from tier 8 and up and Grozovoi)

[FJAKA]
Players
1,991 posts
12,656 battles
13 minutes ago, tank276 said:

Galant and Anshan are pretty bad?

Which tier 6 DD you consider better then?

And the weak AA point applies to all DDs with some notable exceptions (Kidd, tech tree US DDs from tier 8 and up and Grozovoi)

i like galant more.....

• Cool 1