Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sisito0o

Is there a roadmap of upcomming ship lines ?

5 comments in this topic

Question

[BGNAV]
Players
264 posts
3,342 battles

It takes a long time for a new line of ships to appear in the game, but will you share the road map for the 2018 for example ? Personaly I am looking for a new line of CVs since thats the only class that has only 2 lines currently and I play it.

4 answers to this question

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,442 posts
6,895 battles

Basically there always is the next line, the line after next and then the Development Fluid Space that spawns the ship lines (and is dependant on access to archives, modelling, game mechanics, regional interest etc.). So as mentioned, French BBs are just round the corner, US cruisers are out there too and then there is a boiling mass of creativity that will eventually spawn more ships :)

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles

FR BB line, after that US CL splitoff. Nothing more known.

Pretty confident there will be no new CVs till we get that complete CV rework

Players
66 posts

A roadmap from a community point of view would be a great idea. The devs at SWTOR have just introduced this and honestly I think it has saved them from losing a lot of players. I'm not suggesting WG is in threat of losing players but never the less if other games are already doing it then why get left behind?

Personally as someone who mostly only really plays RN ships I really want to see more RN. Especially the big names like Ark Royal, Royal Oak, Hermes, Renown.

The Brits dont really have a DD line as the only 2 DDs we have are premiums... yes i said 2 because the T7 is just not worth mentioning let alone playing. So would be nice to have a DD line in the tech tree. Good example of a British DD would be HMS Bulldog... just google it. Major impact on the outcome of WW2.

Aircraft carriers... well there seems to be an issue with CV's at the moment. Not quite sure what it is, not sure WG know what it is. But when you guys figure it out, I'd happily pay £40 for a premium Ark Royal, even though CV's don't really fit my personal play style... I just gotta have it.

Premium ships are cool and they make WG money so I expect to see more of them for all nations and probably for some nations not yet in game. But there is something about the progression and sense of achievement that comes with leveling up through the tech tree, unlocking new ships and equipment and upgrading your ship. That is one of the elements I enjoy most about World of Warships and I hope WG continue to add ships to tech trees.

Back to the original point of the thread a tech tree is a lot like having a road map.. players can see what ships are available to unlock and thats part of the fun as I mentioned earlier. What is even more enticing is when we watch videos from WG and from content contributors and see the ships that will be available in the near future.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this