You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Murro_the_One

Noobs will kill this game!

145 comments in this topic

Players
90 posts
5,426 battles

@siramra yeah flamu was proposing this system and i do agree the game dozesn't give you any warning when you are doing something good for the team, like passiv damage as a dd when you spot other enemies.

those kind of information are only available on website that track your in game stats that are visible on the game itself but never advertise by WG

• Cool 1

Players
90 posts
5,426 battles
Il y a 1 heure, Yogibjoern a dit :

There are many ways you address people without getting rude. Easiest way is to reward good play by setting some achievable goals for the individual player in game.... Maybe do a sort of colour coding your nick. Set up precise specific goals to change that colour to the better rate. If you have a red colour and you know it's because you're bad, because the game tells it by a segmented colour code, just a simple colour scale will measure your play, then normal people will strive to get away from that colour. To at least the middle of that colour scale. whatever that colour would be. A simple non offending way to say,,, please improve! Pop up messages could appear while in red colour, Saying hi we notice your colour is red, we are more than happy to try help you to get away from the red colour. post a couple of links for how to improve vids. It can all be done automatically.

Everyone has to start somewhere and learn, no matter what the game is. If the the game tells you in a non offending way to improve most people will. Thinks it will be hard to think you're good if your position on the colour scale is in the bottom.

First step in any form of receiving help is to recognise that you need help in the first place.  

Sometimes you got to take in consideration human psychologies.

Some ppl like to play to learn and become nbetter

Some ppl will just launch a game once in a will.

That's why even without beeing rude this kind of system can be taken the wrong way 

But i'm seeing the thing with the eye of a guy who got 31 in 2018 and i have grown with video game when sometime nothing was given to you and you have to learn by yourself or get friend 's that can give you advice 

[TCNF]
Players
45 posts
6,311 battles

I have a feeling that better tutorials for new players might help with the general gameplay in randoms. There was some really minor improvements to this in some point, but it's still lackluster.

Youtube has a lot of material for learning the ropes, but one has to consider the language barrier especially in the EU. Not everyone here speaks english and it would be a great benefit to have a localized tutorials in-game.

But of course, as the saying goes: you can lead a horse to the water, but you cannot make him to drink.

• Cool 3

Players
123 posts

Need to blame T5 MM tbh. It's a pretty low tier and noobies are just warming up with the game. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be all that warm because Kaga, Belfasts, Saipans and so on exist. Even regular T7s and sometimes T8s have problems with them. How can any of them learn in such scenarios because you just can't counter them no matter how smart they might be. There are way too many situations like this which motivate passive play and such.

Conclusion: T5 should be restricted to maximum T6 because they can actually do something productive and carry out 'game-winning' tactics which they might have some idea about. I feel like this small change can bring out a couple of educated players into higher tiers.

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles
On 1/25/2018 at 9:27 PM, Smeggo said:

Lots of new players sound like a vital game with growing playerbase.

Not necessarily. Here's some important terms for F2P game growth:

• Retention rate is defined as what percentage of the people who played your game in month 1 are still playing in month 2
  • Churn is one minus the retention rate as a percentage (i.e. 1-R%). If 80% of your users returned from month 1 to month 2, you would have a churn of 20%. The reason to calculate churn this way is that it ignores the distorting effect of new users
  • Duration is the reciprocal of churn (i.e. 1/churn). If your churn is 20%, your duration – the average number of months a player stays with you – is 5 months.

So, in a case of a game of a game that has high churn, new players will often stop playing before they start spending. That means getting a lot of new players doesn't necessarily equal profit. A ton of short duration new accounts that frustrate and annoy regular players can indeed prove detrimental to the retention rate long term.

• Cool 3

Players
2,987 posts
7,832 battles
On ‎06‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 7:40 PM, Yogibjoern said:

Besides that I think the current emblems are a good carrot to improve. Might be a good idea to do some for the lower tiers as well. Not to easy just hard enough to motivate people to get them early on.

These emblems only encourage to play hightier and to farm damage. IMHO they are 100% the wrong way.

• Cool 1

Players
2,039 posts
13,656 battles
Am 25.1.2018 um 21:27, Smeggo sagte:

Lots of new players sound like a vital game with growing playerbase.

Nono, the players you mean are called 'rookies'.  A 'noob' is a 'clueless idiot'. How many games they have played doesn't really come into it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
2,380 posts
11,073 battles
Am 26.1.2018 um 09:00, Murro_the_One sagte:

i didnt say i hate the noobs, you are right, everyone should have fun in the game.

Actually, no.

In a competitive PvP game like WoWs, being victorious as team IS the fun. And this fun is earned not given
So no, not everyone deserves to have fun - everyone should earn their fun. Disagreeing? Legit opinion - but then you are simply playing the wrong game genre (or at least game mode).
If you remove the need to earn your fun (=victory) at a competitive game, you are nothing but butchering a game to a visual novel.

Am 6.4.2018 um 14:31, RegularLogic sagte:

I can't understand why you can't just have fun playing the game, why you have to win all the time and anything not winning is considered "not fun".

Perfect example: If you can't understand what competitive games are about, you should not play this game genre, simple as that buddy. The ignorance from players like you are the real issue:
Not Noobs (=legit beginners). But people who intentionally refuse seeing the point of teamplay-PvP games, people that just want to have their own personal "phun" and don't care when they are ruining the fun of 11 others.

Unable to see beyond themselves and not understanding that a teamplay game values the achievements as a team more than individual, personal experience (even tho this should be plain obvious).

From one point of view, its even sad: People like you will never experience the true fun teamplay PvP games offer.

You should open your eyes for the bigger picture - there is a whole new gaming experience for you to discover. 

Vor 47 Minuten, Nautical_Metaphor sagte:

Nono, the players you mean are called 'rookies'.  A 'noob' is a 'clueless idiot'. How many games they have played doesn't really come into it.

OK since here are several people giving the term "noob" personal definitions:
This term has a clear meaning - it is a slang term for "beginner/newcomer". 

Zitat

Newbie, newb, noob, or n00b is a slang term for a novice or newcomer, or somebody inexperienced in a profession or activity. Contemporary use can particularly refer to a beginner or new user of computers, often concerning Internet activity, such as online gaming[1] or Linux use.[2][3] Depending on the context and spelling variant used, the term can have derogatory connotations (and be used as a term of abuse in internet-based games)—but is also often used for descriptive purposes only, without any value judgment.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  (Redirected from Noob)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newbie 

The term "noob" itself is not even insulting, because everyone was a noob once. 
Only problem is when there are players with several thousand battles that still have no clue from the game - or in other words: still being a noob.

THEN it becomes insulting: Being (legitimately) called noob after a large amount of time spent at something, without improving.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
90 posts
5,426 battles

I ll take the exemple of mmo when you play solo and try to do raid and dungeon.

Even if world of warcraft is heavily casualised if you play bad and dont have learn strats and stuff at high lvl, ppl will kick you without asking.

Same as pvp you play like a retard or outside objectives oriented map you will be flammed.

It s normal that ppl get mad at others if you want to have fun in a pvp games.

Else choose vs fighting or anything that don't need to play with other ppl

[DC_DK]
Players
2,511 posts
25,580 battles
6 hours ago, Oely001 said:

These emblems only encourage to play hightier and to farm damage. IMHO they are 100% the wrong way.

Emblems do not have to be tied to damage only. Contribution to capture or defence in a specific percent value would work to. same with spotting damage or potential damage... There is already measurement of the parameters in the detailed battle results. 

[SIEGE]
[SIEGE]
Players
78 posts
6,745 battles
On 10/04/2018 at 12:38 PM, Terendir said:

Perfect example: If you can't understand what competitive games are about, you should not play this game genre, simple as that buddy. The ignorance from players like you are the real issue:

Not Noobs (=legit beginners). But people who intentionally refuse seeing the point of teamplay-PvP games, people that just want to have their own personal "phun" and don't care when they are ruining the fun of 11 others.

Unable to see beyond themselves and not understanding that a teamplay game values the achievements as a team more than individual, personal experience (even tho this should be plain obvious).

How silly of me, I thought that games were intended to be enjoyable regardless of the win or lose outcome.

If you don't understand how badly thought out your reasoning is; that I am somehow responsible for 11 other people's enjoyment, you have a serious problem, larger than a gameplay issue.

Insisting that everyone should try to glean the same amount/type of fun as you is just so plainly stupid, it beggars belief. Everyone has the opportunity to experience fun in whatever way, shape or form in this game they feel most comfortable.

Telling the playerbase that "if they're not winning, they're not having fun", has got to be hands down the single dumbest thing I've ever read on a game forum. Who are you to decide what is and isn't fun, for EVERYONE else?

In future, keep your unintelligent, uninformed and poorly thought out reasoning to yourself.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,542 posts
16,048 battles
15 hours ago, RegularLogic said:

I thought that games were intended to be enjoyable regardless of the win or lose outcome

Actually untrue. Game design principles have evolved way past that a long, long time ago. Even the oldest video games make losing to be thoroughly unfun to impart a learning experience on the player and eventually make him succeed. Can you honestly say you're having fun when you lose your last life in Mario and get to face the Game Over screen? Thought so. Games provide fun with interaction.

And when you have to interact with other people and compete against them, games stop being all sunshine and rainbows but instead become a competition. And inevitably these people, be they a teammate or an enemy, can become the very thing that keep you from succeeding and make your game unfun.

That is the nature of every PvP game out there, be it chess, hockey, basketball, etc. etc. etc. or the video games we all know and love. And in a competition the loser always has less fun than the winner. Which brings me to my second point:

15 hours ago, RegularLogic said:

Everyone has the opportunity to experience fun in whatever way, shape or form in this game they feel most comfortable.

When someone plays a team game such as, say, soccer in a way that is practically sabotage, they get kicked out of the team even if the setting in which the game is played is casual to the extreme (e.g. in a school yard). The truth of games like these is that no, people do not get to have fun "in whatever way, shape or form they feel most comfy in" because others have to deal with their unwillingness to succeed. They are that one classmate that contributes literally nothing to a group project but potentially gets a good grade anyway. The one that everyone despises. Except in WoWs you cannot even tell the authorities because not only does WG not care but the current reward system actively encourages egocentric play.

Also I guess from your perspective using cheats is fine too then?

Remember when your teachers said that "participating is everything" during a sports festival for example? Well, they lied out of their :etc_swear:. Just because you're participating doesn't mean that you're entitled to have fun in whatever way you want. There are rules to abide to in PvP games both written and unwritten. That applies to literally all games out there be they a recognized Olympic sport or "just" people duking it out on a virtual battlefield. The very notion that everyone should have fun under every circumstance is laughable to the extreme.

• Cool 5

[UNICS]
Players
3,537 posts
13,865 battles
35 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

And when you have to interact with other people and compete against them, games stop being all sunshine and rainbows but instead become a competition. And inevitably these people, be they a teammate or an enemy, can become the very thing that keep you from succeeding and make your game unfun.

That is the nature of every PvP game out there, be it chess, hockey, basketball, etc. etc. etc. or the video games we all know and love. And in a competition the loser always has less fun than the winner. Which brings me to my second point:

When someone plays a team game such as, say, soccer in a way that is practically sabotage, they get kicked out of the team even if the setting in which the game is played is casual to the extreme (e.g. in a school yard). The truth of games like these is that no, people do not get to have fun "in whatever way, shape or form they feel most comfy in" because others have to deal with their unwillingness to succeed. They are that one classmate that contributes literally nothing to a group project but potentially gets a good grade anyway. The one that everyone despises. Except in WoWs you cannot even tell the authorities because not only does WG not care but the current reward system actively encourages egocentric play.

Also I guess from your perspective using cheats is fine too then?

Remember when your teachers said that "participating is everything" during a sports festival for example? Well, they lied out of their :etc_swear:. Just because you're participating doesn't mean that you're entitled to have fun in whatever way you want. There are rules to abide to in PvP games both written and unwritten. That applies to literally all games out there be they a recognized Olympic sport or "just" people duking it out on a virtual battlefield. The very notion that everyone should have fun under every circumstance is laughable to the extreme.

If all the casual, uncompetitive  noobs  were cast out of the game, WoWs would die. It's a free to play game. You have CB and Ranked for competitive modes. In Random battles, in this F2P game, I think the expected game would be a casual PvP match, where participating is the low bar for acceptive play. You can't improve the playerbase, it is what it is. WG can dumb the game down to perhaps improve the quality and decrease the disparity between the players. ...or they could divide Random games into one casual mode for the casuals and one competitive mode for the more competitive.

[SCRUB]
Players
622 posts
4,406 battles

Only thing WG has to do is: Once players in the match are fixed, distribute them considering near equal win rates per team. Not all the players should be at the same skill level. Only they need to be distributed equally. So that it isn't a one sided streamroll... 

• Cool 1

[_OPC_]
Players
437 posts
12,307 battles
6 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

If all the casual, uncompetitive  noobs  were cast out of the game, WoWs would die. It's a free to play game. You have CB and Ranked for competitive modes. In Random battles, in this F2P game, I think the expected game would be a casual PvP match, where participating is the low bar for acceptive play. You can't improve the playerbase, it is what it is. WG can dumb the game down to perhaps improve the quality and decrease the disparity between the players. ...or they could divide Random games into one casual mode for the casuals and one competitive mode for the more competitive.

That is the worst possible way to deal with.

Sadly WG is doing everything to reduce skill impact on the game ... best example CVs, if majority fails, announce "year of CV" and dumb CV's in any way they can: UI, sick AA ... and if this fails you have "RNG"

After all they have some RL (fail) experience in making everyone "equal"...

And noobies are not the problem, all the toxicity and one-sided matches are caused by "players" that refuse to learn the basics of the game and teamplay ... all you have to do to experience it ... go play some high tier battles

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,542 posts
16,048 battles
9 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

You can't improve the playerbase, it is what it is.

There are plenty of things that could've been done, starting with battle rewards not being focused primarily on damage. If you have an economy system that makes people grind to progress then that's the first thing you look at when you want to en- or discourage certain playstyles. By making e.g. camping and pure damage farming economically unfeasible it will eventually become something that is rarely done.

But alas, those are things that WG had to do much, much earlier in development. It's far too late now.

[UNICS]
Players
3,537 posts
13,865 battles
On 4/15/2018 at 6:12 PM, El2aZeR said:

... By making e.g. camping and pure damage farming economically unfeasible it will eventually become something that is rarely done.

If people followed this logic, no children would be made, but people do what they want and in giant ship simulator the majority likes to shoot and blow stuff up. It's a F2P game for most. You will have a huge disparity between the players regardless what WG tries. There's enough info out if you're inclined to educate yourself about WoWs, but most won't take the time. I still think the best course would be to try divide Random games in two.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,542 posts
16,048 battles
3 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

If people followed this logic, no children would be made

Well, making children does have its pay offs. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Even if most of them aren't particularly short term.

On the other hand if you make camping and damage farming economically unfeasible you'll simply become incapable of sustaining such a playstyle above a certain tier. There are no pay offs to be had here. You'll either learn to play for the benefit of your team or you eventually become unable to play the game through economic loss. Thus even if someone wants to be an egoistic :etc_swear: and play only for the rewards he'll have to play for the benefit of his team. Right now that certainly isn't the case.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
3,537 posts
13,865 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

On the other hand if you make camping and damage farming economically unfeasible you'll simply become incapable of sustaining such a playstyle above a certain tier. There are no pay offs to be had here. You'll either learn to play for the benefit of your team or you eventually become unable to play the game through economic loss. Thus even if someone wants to be an egoistic :etc_swear: and play only for the rewards he'll have to play for the benefit of his team. Right now that certainly isn't the case.

Maybe not. I'm not sure about the economics in the game. One easy solution would be to give 30% economic bonus in wins and 30% economic penalty for losses in tiers ... 7-10?

Players
161 posts
5,853 battles
2 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

One easy solution would be to give 30% economic bonus in wins and 30% economic penalty for losses in tiers ... 7-10?

the chat filter server would melt...

• Funny 1