You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Murro_the_One

Noobs will kill this game!

145 comments in this topic

Players
2,989 posts
7,832 battles
28 minutes ago, ISDdriver said:

Oh and Oely00, I agree with you on the Elder Scrolls, except they are made by Bethesda :Smile-_tongue:

You're right on this, I corrected it in my post.

About XP: Simply reduce XP income for the loser side and increase it for the winner side! Good players (>50%) will benefit from that, and bad players (<50%) will suffer. This is the way it should be.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
241 posts
5,425 battles
20 minutes ago, Oely001 said:

About XP: Simply reduce XP income for the loser side and increase it for the winner side! Good players (>50%) will benefit from that, and bad players (<50%) will suffer. This is the way it should be.

Hmm sorry I have to disagree. You cant "force" a victory as a single player each time. If you have no team at all, you cant carry them all. By the current meta I increase my overall dmg/ ep/ rating whatsoever, but I lose winrate. A good example is my HMS Hood. I bought it over christmas. I choose it, cause I already have a Tirpitz, so I "know" the Scharnhorst gameplay and want something new. Right now after 30 games: 10k higher dmg than server average, better survivability, more kills per death. About 400 less ep and a 38% winrate. Well, you cant save every team when they dont care.

My point is a  ep/cr. "failsafe" for individual players who sail instead to float, independet form the outcome of the battle, so to speak.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
966 posts
9,785 battles

This weekend gone was the first weekend in ages that I didn't play WoWS. I just could not face playing with the brain dead, the stupid, the morons, and the angry idiots who get upset if I don't follow their orders.  I undertook several other tasks that proved less frustrating, and provided more satisfaction.

I cleaned the kitchen top to bottom, got the Windex out and cleaned all the windows. When I needed a break I fired up Subnautica, later I put a pin wash on a Matchbox 1/76 scale T34/76, all less frustrating and much more satisfying than playing WoWS at the weekend. Thing is, I think I've lost my "gaming addiction", so have no wish at the moment to play. The very thought of completing a campaign for some meaningless reward ship (DoY) or camouflage really, and I do mean this, fills me with dread. No point. There are more satisfying things in this life to spend my time and money on. I view the game developers, and their marketing cohorts in the EU as barely competent. To produce such broken mechanics, unbalanced ship lines is beyond comprehension.

A few examples: The AP only of the Royal Navy, The HE spam of RN BBs, the prolification of stupid cammo schemes, not to mentions the pedos line of Japanese cartoon "specials" The beer can on the Roma (wtf seriously?) . Why German ships have such long range secondaries?  The whole stupidity of firing from smoke, yeah that never happened, smoke was used to hide a withdrawal  or avoid getting hit. The French go faster ships LOL, the well catered for Soviet ships (Oh please). Graf Zeppelin? Roflmao!   Radar & Hydro that sees through islands, RPF,  and lets not forget the year of the carrier!  and to put the cherry on top of this, Where do we get to find out what is happening with the games future? A forum thread, where people post what they have found from other sites, & regions. As Wargaming EU won't or can't be bothered to keep the community informed themselves.

Noobs and newbies will not kill the game off. Wargaming are doing a great job themselves.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

Players
2,989 posts
7,832 battles
27 minutes ago, ISDdriver said:

You cant "force" a victory as a single player each time.

That's right, but good players win more often than they lose, and would still benefit from that change. In addition, as long as you have a bad winrate on a ship, you are not a good player on that particular ship, and should stay longer there for becoming better. :Smile-_tongue:

IMHO one of the big problems in this game is that many players do not really play for the win. That would change in a second when you get nothing for a loss. If you just want to sail around, play Coop, that's (nearly) auto-win.

Beta Tester
241 posts
5,425 battles
57 minutes ago, Oely001 said:

That's right, but good players win more often than they lose, and would still benefit from that change. In addition, as long as you have a bad winrate on a ship, you are not a good player on that particular ship, and should stay longer there for becoming better. :Smile-_tongue:

IMHO one of the big problems in this game is that many players do not really play for the win. That would change in a second when you get nothing for a loss. If you just want to sail around, play Coop, that's (nearly) auto-win.

Winrate is an indicator, but cant be watched alone. I like my Lady Hood, despite my current bad winrate. Maybe it will change, maybe not. But again, I cant play for 4 other BBs unwilling to push at the same time. So I have to live with it and accept my garanteed fail income or I must quit the game in the end due to frustration about lack of willingness to teamplay.

I agree with you a lot, more and more players dont care/ play for the win. But clearly we have diffrent points of approach here. Maybe Im to sceptical, but Im affraid even lower the reward for a loss will not change the play/ attitude of some "tomatos". The question is, would we still push a cap in a DD, or something else when our teamates still camp the borderline, when we know in the end we get nothing out of 20 minutes of effort (except hopefull some fun and the assurance that we did our part), or would we also start to be more passiv and see what happens? Cause we get the same as the others for a defeat in the end.

Players
164 posts
2,978 battles

just played 3 games

in one, the team "ROTATED" over whole map...understand, they went to one god damned cap even they were on the opposite side

in second they did the same + only DD in the the team went to the cap on other side of map

in third i just yoloed but only because i saw our 2 DDs going to the same cap where they cant cap but will get stuck there for whole match ignoring all requests to use their brains

Not sure if you can recover partial cost of the prem ships by selling acc. there are some for WoWs but also WoT, let me know if you know please

Beta Tester
430 posts
4,961 battles

Up to tier 7 matchmaking, people have excuse to be bad at the game because they are usually new. I know and have spoken to players who are at tier 6-7 after thousand games or so, they have heard something about angling their armor and surprisingly many know how to lead and hit targets in quite consistent manner, but they don't know why they should use camouflages or flags, they know absolutely nothing about captain skills and don't you even try to tell them about "Meta" or map tactics.

Wargaming does very poor job to teach these things for newbies and as everyone has seen, one can fail their way to higher tiers and not know a thing about basic game mechanics, for example here's a screenshot of your everyday tier 10 Carrier player with rather staggering statistics:

potatomuch.thumb.jpg.99a6918538fd8458ba027ee4fbb72ee7.jpg

I've been coming off and on with this game, taking long breaks and then come back for few months before I get bored again. It can't be just me who have noticed that we're starting to see more and more really, really bad players at higher tiers. I've talked to some of these people in social media communities, where people post their game results,with their own face and name, and they are honestly proud of achieving something like of 40k damage done in a Yamato. After talking to them, they don't really know what is or is not a  normal performance for their ship but they sure seems to know that losing isn't their fault.

• Cool 2

Players
154 posts
2,330 battles
On 26.1.2018 at 12:13 AM, StratosGR said:

If you dont like "noobs" and you think they are destroying the game, stop playing multiplayer games and move to single player games.

Everyone have the right to play and have fun. A hardcore gamer, a casual player, an eternal "noob" ....

to be honest, if peopel are too stupid for the easiest tactical stuff like, no lemming trains etc.  + cant read the mini map, they shouldnt even allowed to have access to the internet, they could harm themselves.

those so called noobs, who dont get better with the amount of time they played should just [edited]off since they are not able to learn anything.

this people make the community toxic, they destry the fun in an competetive multiplayer game.

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,236 posts
8,173 battles
22 minutes ago, AmazingBeaver said:

and they are honestly proud of achieving something like of 40k damage done in a Yamato

Don't say this is true.

1idb4j.jpg

Players
66 posts
10,091 battles

I'm far from one of the best players in the game. One of my biggest strengths is also my biggest weakness. I'm aggressive and stubborn. I own almost all of the RN ships to date. My preferred choice is the Warspite. It is in my opinion the best ship in its tier and more of often than not I dont even look at the MM I just assume every match will have a Bismark and a Turpitz on the enemy team. But I play that ship the way all BB's should be played, I try to support my team from the front, sometimes it works out the way I hope it will but more often than not I die pretty fast. I console myself in the knowledge that I died taking the hits that would otherwise have been taken by a friendly cruiser or even another battleship who's trying to retreat and heal up. I accept that at times I am far too aggressive and have fallen into an ambush because I tunnel visioned on the ship i was shooting at.

With all that said, i get really annoyed at the weekends and i do tend to lash out at people in chat because match after match I'm drawn with players in T8 premium ships who either have no clue what they are doing or just don't care. It gets to a point where I'm so rattled by constant yelling in chat asking for help defending our base or because im being shot at by friendlies. It ruins the game for me and I end up switching off.

It doesn't just ruin the game for me though... because I'm already rattled I end up shouting at players who don't deserve it. It's only when i look at the stats pr watch a replay back that I realise I was wrong. For this I can only apologise and I have done so, directly to the person in question where this has been possible.

I suppose one thing that could be done to curb the noobs somewhat and make the game that little bit more enjoyable for the rest of us is to limit the ability to buy a premium ship until they have already researched a ship of the same tier. Ultimately it's not really war gamings job to teach noobs how to play... maybe thats where people like me need to take a chill pill and not get so angry... or just stop playing at weekends. Of course If I did that, WG will get 8 days a month less premium out of me or 96 days a year.

• Cool 2

[NSVE]
Players
55 posts
7,406 battles
On 1/25/2018 at 8:24 PM, Murro_the_One said:

I mean it seriously. Not p2w or ship/class balance...

I used to play WoT and that game had its visible issues for years but i never thought that the overall number of noobs was the most visible one.

it is mainly because of the other feature of that game and that there is little differences in the tank classes and you can play tank destroyer as heavy tank, snipe with medium or camp with heavy tank. if you have noob in spotter tank, it doesnt mean you automatically lose because the classes are not so much different in the nature than it is in WoWs.

In this game i initially loved the fact that the ship classes are so different(whether it comes from camo, damage dealing potantial, etc.) but it comes with the price. if you have noob vs. competent player in CV, everyone knows how it will end and nobody can do anything about it. Similar but not as clear it is in DD space, where team with noob DDs must play more reckless around caps and more likely is to lose the game.

Im by no means best player but i can clearly say that im losing my interest in this game when i see the noobs on key spots in my team throwing the game because they are incompetent. i understand that not everyone will get 56% winrate which suggest that the basics of this game are mastered and also these people want to have fun, but i think this will kill this game.

Im not only one who points to this and we can see 2 topics per day on this forum about the "incredible skill" of the playerbase.

i dont know how the trend of players in WoWs looks like but if only speaking for myself, i cant play more than 1-2 games per day. not because i dont want.

i didnt reach tier10 yet and wanted to try many lines  so i had lot of plans with this game but spending countless games playing not around objectives but around people who have little clue how to play and trying to carry the game is not much fun

This kind of player makes me puke! Leave the servers you are no loss if you cant tolerate other players on a PUBLIC server.

Look at the level of layers on the server  WoT playerbase has been SLAUGHTERED  by this kind of attitude. New players dont want to stay.

Tolerance of other players abilities is the way to encourage use (and thereby ensure that WG keep the game running)

• Cool 1

Players
4,085 posts
7,389 battles
22 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

Don't say this is true.

Among the blind, the one-eyed is king.

48 minutes ago, AmazingBeaver said:

It can't be just me who have noticed that we're starting to see more and more really, really bad players at higher tiers.

Ofc they "accumulate" on T10. When you watch those <40% WR guys on twitch (yea, some do present their "skill" there), all they talk about is "once I reach T10, ppl cant stomp over me anymore, cuz then I have the best ship". Thats why so many T10 BB Players are completly useless.

Players
100 posts
55 minutes ago, RAZ0RLIGHT said:

to be honest, if peopel are too stupid for the easiest tactical stuff like, no lemming trains etc.  + cant read the mini map, they shouldnt even allowed to have access to the internet, they could harm themselves.

those so called noobs, who dont get better with the amount of time they played should just [edited]off since they are not able to learn anything.

this people make the community toxic, they destry the fun in an competetive multiplayer game.

Amazing. Every word of what you just said... was wrong.

Weekend Tester
350 posts
2,213 battles

FYI.

At last, necros (from WoWs NA) that make sense :cap_cool:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/36578-why-is-the-player-base-so-horrible-in-this-game/

July 2015.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/58627-the-majority-of-tier-6-8-players-are-idiots/

November 2015.

Well, they are here to stay.

I'm with Akula - the decision is ours how we like to spend our time.

[GRKEN]
[GRKEN]
Players
691 posts
16,585 battles

It's not always noobs that kill the game, just humans playing like bots or actually having bots play for them.  Just my last match and this guy was sailing in his Montana....
I've had too many players like this these days...  Yesterday a Kiev rushed a cap, didn't smoke at all, didn't reply at all to my messages, and just died within seconds, checked his stats and he has 12k battles with winrate of 42%..... I mean, no human being would actually play that bad even if he wanted to...

Second screenshot is from the enemy Atlanta, he even has tier x ships...

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Weekend Tester
20 posts

I'm done spending any cash on this game myself. I used to enjoy it, but it seems like a chore usually. Used to enjoy higher tier DD play but everyone seems to have radar. The biggest thing I've seen is it's always feast or famine, team wise. You either get rofl stomped or rng-Jesus blesses you with the winning team. No close games, no sense of a battle well fought.

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
5,466 battles
On 29.1.2018 at 9:32 PM, AmazingBeaver said:

I've talked to some of these people in social media communities, where people post their game results,with their own face and name, and they are honestly proud of achieving something like of 40k damage done in a Yamato. After talking to them, they don't really know what is or is not a  normal performance for their ship but they sure seems to know that losing isn't their fault.

The worst thing about this is that the low damage and losing aren't directly connected but only indirectly.

You can have a miserable damage stat but still do a massive contribution to the team. On the other hand, you can try to farm damage and be no help to the team alive.

What most people fail to understand is that the game isn't won by one single action but can be very well lost by one. It's a lot like football in that sense as the team with the least mistakes usually wins. Winning the battle is mostly about map control and forcing the enemy to make moves they do not want to on the one hand and to only engage when you've got favourable conditions on the other. Denying the enemy is what you should be aiming for and what most people fail to do and that is what most players do not understand.

Yesterday for example we had a DD sitting on the cap popping his smoke and complaining that he doesn't get any support. Well the brainiac forgot that it might be a little hinderance that he smoked up the only channel between the islands to his left and right an no one could spot the ships behind it any more. So naturally they could blaze away because their DD had even half a brain and sailed around the smoke to spot us. While he kept sitting in his one smoke cloud. Of course it was our fault that we didn't help him and not his that he effectively denied us vision of the enemy team while also not spotting their DD that was spotting us...

So to no small surprise we had to turn away because there was no way we could stay in the fire for long without being able to return it effectively and he died because he sat in the cap all the time. The one possible winning move in that situation he left us as a team with would have been to leave the cap, take the islands as cover and spot the enemy DD so that we could finish him... well he rather complained about the noob team and how he was doing all the work yadda yadda yadda...

It was most definitely his fault and not his teams, yet he thought he was doing the right thing and "contesting the cap". Well I bet if someone tried to tell him that contesting the cap doesn't mean sitting in your own smoke blocking the vision of your entire team...

• Cool 4

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
809 posts

It`s not just the playerbase that`s the problem. WG and their "giving" of grindships as rewards doesn`t help either.

Players ship entire tiers and more. They learn nothing, why should they?

Didn`t like it when u could get the Bismarck from missions. A crapload of players got her and started spamming HE.....cause they are really low tier players.

Then u could get the frenchies from containers.

So u end up with players like this.

40%.PNG

40% 2.PNG

• Funny 1
  • Angry 1

Players
283 posts
13,916 battles
1 hour ago, siramra said:

It`s not just the playerbase that`s the problem. WG and their "giving" of grindships as rewards doesn`t help either.

Players ship entire tiers and more. They learn nothing, why should they?

Didn`t like it when u could get the Bismarck from missions. A crapload of players got her and started spamming HE.....cause they are really low tier players.

Then u could get the frenchies from containers.

So u end up with players like this.

40%.PNG

40% 2.PNG

Am I reading this right, 168 battles in Black Swan?

• Funny 1

Players
101 posts
5,452 battles

Just try to play in the best way you can and try to win the game, if it happens that ur teams is not that good.... well just move onto next game.

U can also division up with some other decent players, with 3 players it is possible to carry entire potato teams.

• Cool 1

Players
251 posts
8,111 battles

Bad game design,atrocious balance, dodgy match making, suspect RNG(at times and you all experience this) and the slow inevitable creep of p2w is more likely to kill off WoWs than lower skilled players.

But then War Gaming has a long deserved reputation for making unfun and bad products, so everything is as expected.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,067 battles

This has been happening for the past year. Play Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Mongday....you’ll see what I mean.

[UNICS]
Players
1,248 posts
16,466 battles
On 1/29/2018 at 10:32 PM, AmazingBeaver said:

potatomuch.thumb.jpg.99a6918538fd8458ba027ee4fbb72ee7.jpg

I've found even worse stats than those

UNfhLjd.png

[BONI]
Players
1,249 posts
11,080 battles

The main thing that kills online games is a death spiral stemming from a lack of player retention. Especially games that are competitive with many brackets and game modes like this one. Bottom line: be thankful people check this game out even if they suck at it, they're keeping the game alive by forming a large part of the playerbase.

Players
1,796 posts
9,092 battles

More Tiers, people. I - XII, with more consistency in the ship lines. More XP for winning teams, better rewards for doing more than just damaging ships. Get people off the Tech Tree escalator and tell them to play for fun and success, not necessarily for the grind. Oh, and be generous with your advice. Not sharing key information  = more bad players.