You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Murro_the_One

Noobs will kill this game!

145 comments in this topic

Players
164 posts
2,977 battles

I mean it seriously. Not p2w or ship/class balance...

I used to play WoT and that game had its visible issues for years but i never thought that the overall number of noobs was the most visible one.

it is mainly because of the other feature of that game and that there is little differences in the tank classes and you can play tank destroyer as heavy tank, snipe with medium or camp with heavy tank. if you have noob in spotter tank, it doesnt mean you automatically lose because the classes are not so much different in the nature than it is in WoWs.

In this game i initially loved the fact that the ship classes are so different(whether it comes from camo, damage dealing potantial, etc.) but it comes with the price. if you have noob vs. competent player in CV, everyone knows how it will end and nobody can do anything about it. Similar but not as clear it is in DD space, where team with noob DDs must play more reckless around caps and more likely is to lose the game.

Im by no means best player but i can clearly say that im losing my interest in this game when i see the noobs on key spots in my team throwing the game because they are incompetent. i understand that not everyone will get 56% winrate which suggest that the basics of this game are mastered and also these people want to have fun, but i think this will kill this game.

Im not only one who points to this and we can see 2 topics per day on this forum about the "incredible skill" of the playerbase.

i dont know how the trend of players in WoWs looks like but if only speaking for myself, i cant play more than 1-2 games per day. not because i dont want.

i didnt reach tier10 yet and wanted to try many lines  so i had lot of plans with this game but spending countless games playing not around objectives but around people who have little clue how to play and trying to carry the game is not much fun

• Cool 12
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[PORT]
Modder
1,676 posts
12,010 battles

Lots of new players sound like a vital game with growing playerbase.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,362 posts
10,835 battles
2 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

Lots of new players sound like a vital game with growing playerbase.

Newbies =/= Noobs

Just saying.

• Cool 6

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles

If you care for you stats join a clan and team up with some decent players , Otherwise you take your chance with MM and RNG. 

• Cool 2

Players
164 posts
2,977 battles
4 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

If you care for you stats join a clan and team up with some decent players , Otherwise you take your chance with MM and RNG. 

its not about stats, its about enjoying the game (i have almost 57% and i dont feel much skilled, i just yolo half of the games and that says something about overall community)

unfortunately im trying to stay far away from socializing in games like this one due to family reasons. used to play mmorpg in hardcore mode and there is either that or nothing, and family is more important ;)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles
1 minute ago, Murro_the_One said:

its not about stats, its about enjoying the game (i have almost 57% and i dont feel much skilled, i just yolo half of the games and that says something about overall community)

unfortunately im trying to stay far away from socializing in games like this one due to family reasons. used to play mmorpg in hardcore mode and there is either that or nothing, and family is more important ;)

57% is very decent so why are you moaning if you don't care for your stats or winning?

• Cool 1

Players
934 posts
4,251 battles

This could almost be a copy/paste of one of your posts on the WoT forum, such as the topic you started in November saying that you were done playing Tanks because of the terrible playerbase which you followed up in December by asking how to earn decorations for the in-game missions. Or the one about how ranked battles were ruined by gold spam and how that should lead to someone at WG being fired. At least you admit to "moaning" about skill-based MM in the latter.

Have you considered that the common factor is you, rather than everything else?

• Cool 5
  • Funny 7
  • Bad 4

[ESPA]
Players
1,219 posts
7,030 battles

Even the best of the pros was once a noob. Give them a chance. Also I think it's important for this game to have a plenty and healthy population of seals. Sometimes there are too many on your own team and not even your very best efforts can outweight them (That's why I can't go higher than 77% winrate in my Zuiho).

I'm still learning to play the Kaga (can't get a hold of the torpedo pattern yet) and it's very hard to deal with an enemy Saipan. But today I found one which was the very first time I felt BAD for using the clu... err, the carrier on someone else. Seemed this dude didn't knew the difference between a fighter and a torpedo plane. I mean... he was really, REALLY bad, but I know he wasn't a bot.

Anyhow think about it; this game would be quite BORING if there wouldn't be nothing else but pro players.

• Cool 4

Players
164 posts
2,977 battles
3 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

57% is very decent so why are you moaning if you don't care for your stats or winning?

its not moaning, its just stating how i see it.

3 minutes ago, Strappster said:

This could almost be a copy/paste of one of your posts on the WoT forum, such as the topic you started in November saying that you were done playing Tanks because of the terrible playerbase which you followed up in December by asking how to earn decorations for the in-game missions. Or the one about how ranked battles were ruined by gold spam and how that should lead to someone at WG being fired. At least you admit to "moaning" about skill-based MM in the latter.

Have you considered that the common factor is you, rather than everything else?

i dont know what i said about WoT community/playerbase, its terrible but people learn.

in WoT, noobs are one of the negative things which pisses you off but do not destroy the actual gameplay.

In this game however, if you read the OP, i said because the ship classes are so different, it is more apparent when the skills come play.

regarding the skill in matchmaking, i gave up on this. WG showed incompetent to separate the players based on their skill in both of their games, not blaming them, either they dont want to or the game design is favoring p2w so no hard feelings

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
5,387 posts
6,781 battles
25 minutes ago, Murro_the_One said:

i cant play more than 1-2 games per day. not because i dont want.

5e49579ff48b74b73bff2dee6016a73c8fcbffa2

Pretty much how i feel. Its stress when u have to go to insane lengths to get the win and its frustrating at the same time when u see total idiots who should play Coop because it simply DOESNT MATTER for them if they play against humans or Bots or better: should play Cruiseship Simulator...

• Cool 3

Players
4,085 posts
7,017 battles
15 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

Its not all about stats, its not all about winning - its more like how you get there. I can enjoy games that I lose, after 20 mins with 950 to 870 score, if I have the feeling, everyone on my team did his best to win and used his ship "right". Today, I ragequit after 2 games (2 wins, if that matters), because the conclusion of the games was pretty much "Hey, lets see which team can fukk up more". So I know exactly the meaning of:

37 minutes ago, Murro_the_One said:

i cant play more than 1-2 games per day.

• Cool 9

Players
1,680 posts
8,664 battles

i didnt reach tier10 yet and wanted to try many lines  so i had lot of plans with this game but spending countless games playing not around objectives but around people who have little clue how to play and trying to carry the game is not much fun

Adapt or die, I'm afraid. You can either try and play the game properly - which will result in abysmal stats, or play in Clans and Divisions (which might help), or just try and salvage what you can from the wreckage.

Players
164 posts
2,977 battles
8 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Its not all about stats, its not all about winning - its more like how you get there. I can enjoy games that I lose, after 20 mins with 950 to 870 score, if I have the feeling, everyone on my team did his best to win and used his ship "right". Today, I ragequit after 2 games (2 wins, if that matters), because the conclusion of the games was pretty much "Hey, lets see which team can fukk up more". So I know exactly the meaning of:

this.

like nobody likes losing but i remember losing but still having the good feeling that i did what i could, my team did also well, but we just got beaten.

but then there are games where people lemming to one side and leave other flank open just because there is "only" 4 ships... or you see DD not even bothering to go and check the cap because he see that more people are on the other flank.

nobody is willing to do something hard or risky, everyone want an easymode, not to risk ship and get carried to victory

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles
46 minutes ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

noob , plewb , snipers , campers already killing game / games for good players

CV Rofl-stompers? :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,300 posts
8,410 battles

DDs are usually the problem especially when one side has 1 more to begin with and then you see one side losing all 4-5 while other none. Besides matching IJN dds vs RU or USA one is bad too.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles

Problem is the game is rubbish the meta is rubbish the f2p model is rubbish and its now become p2w , It wasn't like that 18 months ago , The game was fun the classes were balanced to an extent , They removed SF and nerfted Torps and now its a BB meta welcome to world of battleships.......

Remember when AA actually meant something , or when sneaky DDs could punish tunnel vision captains , when DDs wernt afraid to cap , and that lone BB was butchered by Cruisers , They were fun times.

I also remember being shite scared in my BB and trying to keep up with my CA/CLs for AA cover and protection against those pesky DDs

• Cool 4

[-YR-]
Players
22 posts
4,490 battles

I kinda agree with this, most of the ranked matches are starting to get unplayable... Bunch of BBs hiding behind the island, running off the map, sniping... and this is ranked, I don't mind that every Random battle looks that way.

I know there is not much use of whining about it, but that s the way it is...

• Cool 1

Players
749 posts
8,373 battles

I just wish for fewer face palm moments inflicted on me by my team ... as they have the last couple of weeks.

basic competence might be a pipe dream but just the mental capacity to realize they should NOT turn side on to a NC would be nice.

Beta Tester
966 posts
9,785 battles

I find I play less and less. It is becoming harder to have actual fun, which is what games are supposed to be? right?  It has become hard work, not fun play. Oh for the days of CBT.  I just close the game, and think, yes, the shower screen needs cleaning. Cleaning the shower screen will give more satisfaction than playing this game. Sad times.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Players
2,170 posts
23 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

Problem is the game is rubbish the meta is rubbish the f2p model is rubbish and its now become p2w , It wasn't like that 18 months ago , The game was fun the classes were balanced to an extent , They removed SF and nerfted Torps and now its a BB meta welcome to world of battleships.......

Remember when AA actually meant something , or when sneaky DDs could punish tunnel vision captains , when DDs wernt afraid to cap , and that lone BB was butchered by Cruisers , They were fun times.

I also remember being shite scared in my BB and trying to keep up with my CA/CLs for AA cover and protection against those pesky DDs

If you feel like that why do you play and post (in lazy English, it's obvious you know the differences between there, they're and their, but you chose not to bother) on the forums?

Or are you just complaining for the sake of it, which will get you nowhere unless you're just trying to embitter other people which is far from positive.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,819 posts
8,084 battles
2 hours ago, Murro_the_One said:

I mean it seriously. Not p2w or ship/class balance...

I used to play WoT and that game had its visible issues for years but i never thought that the overall number of noobs was the most visible one.

it is mainly because of the other feature of that game and that there is little differences in the tank classes and you can play tank destroyer as heavy tank, snipe with medium or camp with heavy tank. if you have noob in spotter tank, it doesnt mean you automatically lose because the classes are not so much different in the nature than it is in WoWs.

In this game i initially loved the fact that the ship classes are so different(whether it comes from camo, damage dealing potantial, etc.) but it comes with the price. if you have noob vs. competent player in CV, everyone knows how it will end and nobody can do anything about it. Similar but not as clear it is in DD space, where team with noob DDs must play more reckless around caps and more likely is to lose the game.

Im by no means best player but i can clearly say that im losing my interest in this game when i see the noobs on key spots in my team throwing the game because they are incompetent. i understand that not everyone will get 56% winrate which suggest that the basics of this game are mastered and also these people want to have fun, but i think this will kill this game.

Im not only one who points to this and we can see 2 topics per day on this forum about the "incredible skill" of the playerbase.

i dont know how the trend of players in WoWs looks like but if only speaking for myself, i cant play more than 1-2 games per day. not because i dont want.

Well Murro I know you from the WoT forums and  you know people in WoT say the same thing.

If you can come up with a solution that doesn't hurt WGs profit margins then lets hear it.  Right now they're convinced that the odd player like you leaving because he doesn't like "noobs" is worth it.

Genuinely: I think we can do without players who call other players noobs.

• Cool 1

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
2 hours ago, Murro_the_One said:

i cant play more than 1-2 games per day. not because i dont want.

Heh... at least you still play 1-2 a day... I haven't been able for a few weeks now even if I'm still around here hoping to hear about something that maybe brings me back...

For now Christmas has failed, the Duke of York campaign has failed, Roma has failed... I have to admit I played two or three days during all that but all that "meh" with the average player quality doesn't help keeping that up.

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Modder
130 posts
16,091 battles

If you dont like "noobs" and you think they are destroying the game, stop playing multiplayer games and move to single player games.

Everyone have the right to play and have fun. A hardcore gamer, a casual player, an eternal "noob" ....

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1