Ranghena

set io mogami-capitan skill

4 comments in this topic

[ARCAS]
Players
25 posts
4,194 battles

Hi, i saw the 2, sets of guns for mogami, how to set up my Commander for both of them?

I want Aldo reach Zao, so One of them pur in that shop from mogami.

Thank you

[SINT]
Players
345 posts
15,227 battles

Unfortunately the 155 guns require a different captain then the 203's. With the 155 you really would like to have IFHE captain skill which is quite a waste of 4 points (and -3 % fire chance) on a 203mm gunned  ship like the Ibuki and the Zao. When you unlock that 14 th point on your captain (if you take concealment first that is) you really want to take IFHE on the 155 Mogami while the 203 version captain is better of with other skills.

So if you dedicate yourself with the 203 Mogami you can just lvl your captain in an natural way towards his final ZAO destination. Or spec your captain for 155 with IFHE but then he would be lesser equipped to play it when utilizing the 203's or be promoted to the tier 9 and 10.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,928 posts
7,250 battles

People play the Mogami mostly as a light cruiser with the smaller caliber, so they also use a specific light cruiser captain only for the Mogami. But it seems you just want skip this ship for later cruisers, so you would skill your captain like a heavy cruiser captain.

Example for heavy cruisers:

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000100010000000100000000119

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,565 posts
6,266 battles
23 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

This is a good start and works well on the Mogami and on the Ibuki and Zao. My personal build on the Zao looks like this at the moment: http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1010000000100010000001110000000119. Going super intendent after demo expert is great for when you reach the Ibuki with that extra heal, but it is not so useful on the Mogami so going demo expert and concealment expert first is a must.

Even if you want to move the commander to a heavy cruiser and not go for IFHE, the 155 mm guns on the Mogami are arguably the best guns on the ship regardless. The 203 mm guns have a great firechance, but the faster reload and higher amount of shells on the 155 mm guns means your actual fire starting potential is higher with the 155. Also the 155 absolutely shreds destroyers to pieces, and with your good concealment you become a lethal threat.