Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Major_Damage225

Average potential damage

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,976 posts
6,311 battles

Greetings ya'll

So if anyone can point me to where i can find this info, i've tried but couldnt find it unfortunatly,

I would like to know where i can find the server average potential damage. 

I'm trying to see if my average is anywhere the average out of curiosity. 

Atm i am at around 750k average per battle and 4.5mil record in missouri. 

So i would like to know where i stack so i can see if i have alot of work ahead to improve it. 

Thanx for any info :Smile_honoring:

[NWP]
Players
5,387 posts
6,781 battles

Out of curiosity: Why/how would u want to improve the potential damage?

I mean, it would need the enemy team to shoot at u, and what are the best ways to do that? Showing broadside = bad. Getting closer which always leaves the possibility of overextending, which might get u killed faster, so u get less potential damage.

Also i rather kill the target which is shooting me rather than tanking it for too long.

Improve Damage dealt (especially against high value targets = DDs f.e.), try to use Radar more often, thus improving your WR. Imo those stats matter more.

Beta Tester
1,976 posts
6,311 battles
28 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I mean, it would need the enemy team to shoot at u, and what are the best ways to do that? Showing broadside = bad. Getting closer which always leaves the possibility of overextending, which might get u killed faster, so u get less potential damage.

Also i rather kill the target which is shooting me rather than tanking it for too long.

Improve Damage dealt (especially against high value targets = DDs f.e.), try to use Radar more often, thus improving your WR. Imo those stats matter more.

It's more to do with me trying to see if im too agresive tbh, im always at the front, like i said i was just curious 

:Smile_smile:

It has nothing to do with tanking, im just used to have 3 ships aiming at me all the time no matter where i am, im everyones favourite target :Smile_bajan2:

Edit: i wasnt talking about missouri specificaly, it just holds my current record, sorry if i didnt phrase miself well. :) 

[CAIN]
Players
2,792 posts
11,013 battles
44 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

You don't have to show broadside to get shot more, all you have to do is being in the right or the wrong position, depending on class.

And you are right, most classes shouldn't be actively hunting potential damage, except for BBs and cruisers and DDs that are good at evasion tanking.

18 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

It's more to do with me trying to see if im too agresive tbh, im always at the front, like i said i was just curious 

:Smile_smile:

It has nothing to do with tanking, im just used to have 3 ships aiming at me all the time no matter where i am, im everyones favourite target :Smile_bajan2:

Edit: i wasnt talking about missouri specificaly, it just holds my current record, sorry if i didnt phrase miself well. :) 

Must be your undeniable charm. ^^

If your sailing cruisers, you get more attention than you possibly want.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
17,829 posts
11,758 battles

In a way it shows how much damage you tank.

It can be a sign of good play (tanking damage for team) or of bad play (being too agressive). But this can only be interpreted in conjunction with WR, Kills/battle and survival.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,976 posts
6,311 battles

I'm not trying to hunt to improve that stat lol, i may be a bit bonkers but im not dumb lol, 

i am improving, be it slowly, speaking of stats, Midway has a average K/D of 7.3, dang, impressive. 

Beta Tester
1,976 posts
6,311 battles
18 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Must be your undeniable charm. ^^

If your sailing cruisers, you get more attention than you possibly want.

It dosent matter what i sail tbh heck if id sail a tug id be shot at, im always in the crosshairs, if its a CV match the whole team can relax, they'll be gunning for me  not them, good for the team, not so good for me XD

[NWP]
Players
5,387 posts
6,781 battles
34 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

You don't have to show broadside to get shot more, all you have to do is being in the right or the wrong position, depending on class.

And you are right, most classes shouldn't be actively hunting potential damage, except for BBs and cruisers and DDs that are good at evasion tanking.

Actually i like showing broadside in a BB at long ranges. U can [edited]with their minds when u slow down or speed up again, and u got also enough time to turn in. I always think its a nice way to get pressure of my Cruisers early on, so they rather shoot me and probably miss (and even if, i can take the couple of k damage, only gets my AR going :cap_viking:).

52 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Depends what u play i guess? F.e. thats how i react as a BB:

- DD is at a place when i will most likely hit him, or in a position where i have to shoot him, ill shoot him First

- Cruiser showing Broadside usually 2nd target in my row

- BB showing Broadside

If there is no immediate threat otherwise.

Me Cruiser:

- Always DD first

Then it depends: Can i hit a Cruiser reliably? take him, if not, take a BB.

Any target showing too much broadside will ofc attract more attention overall. Also some/many ppl are so focused in their binocular view that they might keep shooting the first target they spot all the time unless it gets undetected.

Sign in to follow this