Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMCite

Karma - Rewards and Punishments

66 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[PNAVY]
Players
0 posts
15,142 battles

Hello every one,

The wargaming system of Karma is not very satisfactory.
I come across whole bunch of Selfish people in the game which ruins team play and sportsmanship.

I have seen BBs sniping ,camping , Damage farming. I have seen DDs chasing BBs and CVs and not capping or spotting , I have seen people Team killing each other and similar stuff for Cruisers and CVs.
All of which mostly results in loss of sportsmanship.
To discourage this attitude we get reports , which doesnt bother any one. and playing as a team gets you compliments which gives you no reward.

In my opinion, there should be a daily bonus win, which you get denied if you get say 5 report a day.

it could be the oppertunity to get your 3rd container, or 10 signals or anything. and similarly recieving compliments should have some good reward , may be a random signal or something , for each compliment , so people try to be better at team play and stop being SOLO warriors who just care about their Damage.

I hope every one agrees. If any one has other suggestions, please post in the thread.

Regards
HMCite 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles

To bad there is no negative Karma... The amount of flames and curses from me in chat, I should now be at negative 3000 or so. Why WG? Why can't we go negative???

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PNAVY]
Players
0 posts
15,142 battles
2 minutes ago, Niibler said:

I know a couple of people that are reported every single day for being good so yeah....don't think this is a good idea.

Okay rewards can still be debated , but what about Punishment

So is it fair that some people ruin every ones game and dont even have to get a penalty for it?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,785 posts
16,099 battles

In principle, I have nothing against getting rewards for good karma. BUT that is only because I have a good karma, mind you (or mebbe not it is at 56 at the moment). However, there is a flaw in this plan. You see, I have noticed that my karma oftentimes actually increases, even if I had a MEH-game. And conversely decreases after a really good one. The problem is the aforementioned lack of good sportsmanship, you see many players will actually report you, if you happen to sink them as a sort of revenge-comeback scheit. That will undoubtedly completely ruin any such reward mechanism. Also people would compliment their clan or division members and such in order to distort the result. So sadly, the current system is way too open to blatant abuse in order for this to cause anything but more complaints.:Smile_amazed:

 

Otherwise i like the principle tho. :Smile_Default:

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,721 posts
8,716 battles

At this point WG would have already implemented something using karma if they ever were going to.

 

For now we get the ability to report more times in a system which does nothing.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PNAVY]
Players
0 posts
15,142 battles
1 minute ago, RAHJAILARI said:

In principle, I have nothing against getting rewards for good karma. BUT that is only because I have a good karma, mind you (or mebbe not it is at 56 at the moment). However, there is a flaw in this plan. You see, I have noticed that my karma oftentimes actually increases, even if I had a MEH-game. And conversely decreases after a really good one. The problem is the aforementioned lack of good sportsmanship, you see many players will actually report you, if you happen to sink them as a sort of revenge-comeback scheit. That will undoubtedly completely ruin any such reward mechanism. Also people would compliment their caln or division members and such in order to distort the result. So sadly, the current system is way too open to blatant abuse in order for this to cause anything but more complaints.:Smile_amazed:

 

Otherwise i like the principle tho. :Smile_Default:

yes , i agree , some times people will report you from enemy team as well, but that has rarely ever happened to me. may be once in 200 games may be... On the other hand, if you take example of Ranked battles, BBs will just try to snipe from far distance just to make sure they land up not loosing a star in case team losses... Other foolish stuff that happens in random, i think this issue needs to be addressed.

And for that , i think some one might have a better idea than what i have , so that is why i created this thread and am hoping some how Wargaming notices that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

A few people will likely come in here saying that they're reported and chat banned every time they simply play well, while the level of abuse of the system is nowhere near that level it is still a pretty poor system to give actual power to. You can play a blinder, support team mates, smoke them up and generally carry the match and not get a single compliment while on the flip side there are people out there who will report you for not capping in a Kiev or for being an unwilling participant in your 'Witherer'. It's completely unregulated and up to the discretion of anyone and everyone in the game.

 

Accept that the karma system is useless. Make the right plays and support your team mates because you're more likely to win by doing so, not for the hope of getting a compliment, and report border surfing full health top tier sniper BBs because it makes you feel better, not because you expect anything to be done about it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
2,794 posts
11,013 battles
22 minutes ago, HMCite said:

Okay rewards can still be debated , but what about Punishment

So is it fair that some people ruin every ones game and dont even have to get a penalty for it?
 

Yes, yes it is.

Not everyone does it on purpose. Not everyone is a unicum player.

There's a wide variety of people playing this game and - even tho i don't like it (i don't get my daily chat ban for nothing) - many of them play bad.

 

If you start punishing bad players, you might end up being punished unless you tell me you have a 100% WR and carried all games.

Also, getting constantly punished  will pi$$ off many players and the number of players will drop and the game will get canned eventually.

 

The only way to 'fix' the playerbase is to have WG make ingame tutorials which have to be played for each tier.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PNAVY]
Players
0 posts
15,142 battles
4 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Yes, yes it is.

Not everyone does it on purpose. Not everyone is a unicum player.

There's a wide variety of people playing this game and - even tho i don't like it (i don't get my daily chat ban for nothing) - many of them play bad.

 

If you start punishing bad players, you might end up being punished unless you tell me you have a 100% WR and carried all games.

Also, getting constantly punished  will pi$$ off many players and the number of players will drop and the game will get canned eventually.

 

The only way to 'fix' the playerbase is to have WG make ingame tutorials which have to be played for each tier.


IF you get PUSHISED, well dont punish Any one... as i mentioned earlier, there should be a daily bonus which one should be denied to get , if he gets reported 5 times... in that case he losses nothing but will try to get those rewards next day by not behaving similarly

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles

WG wont do anything end of, The player-base is shrinking the Meta is rubbish gameplay is stale and predictable and yet they still find time to churn out premiums while ignoring there broken f2p model.

 

I'm afraid I lost all hope with WG when they managed to put the clearly op ships they had removed from the game and stuffed them in Santa crates at incredibly bloated prices...In a nutshell they don't care anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,294 posts
51 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

At this point WG would have already implemented something using karma if they ever were going to.

 

For now we get the ability to report more times in a system which does nothing.

IIRC, there are in-game benefits (premium goodies) for those with good karma on the RU-server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
137 posts
6,579 battles

It would be too easily abused. I've somehow amassed 105 karma but I will get reported daily many times just because people get salty or don't like my ship, etc. It would be nice to have some kind of system, but there's too many report happy people out there for it to work, as good players will end up being punished all the time 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,854 battles
1 hour ago, Mandalorianer said:

To bad there is no negative Karma... The amount of flames and curses from me in chat, I should now be at negative 3000 or so. Why WG? Why can't we go negative???

I know that feel. :D

I'm actually curious where I would be in minus :D

BTW I love these idiots. They report you, so you get chatbanned, then write you to ask why you did what you did and said but you can't answer because they got you chatbanned. :D

Hilarious.

r67nafO.gif

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,785 posts
16,099 battles

Hhehe, yeah @_Xaero_. I got just recently reported for hacking, when I sneaked to within 4km of an enemy Shima (in a Mogami) and torped him UNSPOTTED, not only once but twice. :Smile_great: He did not appreciate the joke tho. :Smile_sad:

 

To my defense, I WAS behind an island at the time.:Smile_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,107 posts
27,225 battles

The karma system is broken, and of no use whatsoever, people get negative karma just for being the best player in-game, you can get chat banned because you didn't follow orders from a boisterous 3 player division.

Ignore karma, it's just a folly, simply bug WG support with evidence of bad play, unsporting behaviour or distasteful chat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,107 posts
27,225 battles
4 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

I got just recently reported for hacking

Again!!  :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,785 posts
16,099 battles

Yeah @iJobyit's a plague I tell you!:Smile_amazed: Dear God, if my employer ever finds out about that, I'll be chained to a desk and forced to do programming. Me, who still hasn't worked out how Corn Flakes were coded. WAH! :Smile_sad::Smile_hiding:

 

It is a horrible thing. :Smile_amazed:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,366 posts
10,845 battles
1 hour ago, HMCite said:

Okay rewards can still be debated , but what about Punishment

So is it fair that some people ruin every ones game and dont even have to get a penalty for it?
 

 

So it would be fair for some people to punish othe people just because they hit that report button for whatever reason? Sunk an salty enemy? Get reported. Tell a hackusating player that you can't cheat detection? Get reported. Ask why an ally torpedoed you in the back from third line? Get reported.

 

As long as everyone can freely report everyone for no reason at all the Karma system will remain a useless number. Trying to tie anything to such a flawed system is guaranteed to misfire all the same.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
137 posts
6,579 battles
5 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

 

So it would be fair for some people to punish othe people just because they hit that report button for whatever reason? Sunk an salty enemy? Get reported. Tell a hackusating player that you can't cheat detection? Get reported. Ask why an ally torpedoed you in the back from third line? Get reported.

 

As long as everyone can freely report everyone for no reason at all the Karma system will remain a useless number. Trying to tie anything to such a flawed system is guaranteed to misfire all the same.

This sums it up perfectly, this system is too flawed for it actually be of any real use, since bad, good and every other player in between will be punished 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,078 posts
6,135 battles

Point of note: 9/10 in the matches Ive seen the people screaming about how useless their team are and thats theres no teamplay are actually the most useless player there.

 

Having watched a forumite (who will remain nameless) screaming in chat for a new orleans to "go cap B omg!!!", when the NO had 2k health left, B had no cover, and sat on the other side of B was a full health Des moines I wonder quite how players brains function. Particularly since the person screaming all the abuse was busy attempting to get his Iowa to the J line as fast as possible while on full health and not shooting at anything.

 

 

TL:DR; I dont trust people to tie their own shoelaces, I dont want my rewards tied to whatever stupid whim they have.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,785 posts
16,099 battles

Yeah @Xevious_Red I was told to do the same in Mogami just last night, while I was at 52 HP with an an enemy DD AND some CV planes in the air all over it. Instead I rather cowardly declined the offer, circled around a nearby island and then went back there after they all left (or I guessed they might have). We capped it in the end and won the game too. I survived, though just barely.:Smile_great:

 

Luckily I have never been properly house-trained so obedience is not one of my strong suits. Sometimes it pays off. :Smile_smile:

black.jpg.c5a09def4015f303a78f1415e587136f.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
2,794 posts
11,013 battles
2 hours ago, HMCite said:


IF you get PUSHISED, well dont punish Any one... as i mentioned earlier, there should be a daily bonus which one should be denied to get , if he gets reported 5 times... in that case he losses nothing but will try to get those rewards next day by not behaving similarly

 

Oh well.

 

The most reports i got during my best games, and not only from the enemy team.

My current record of reports in a single game is 27(!), and no i didn't say anything abusive in chat, infact i even apologized to that one guy in a three BB division (of which sank all three) as one of my torps detonated him.

 

Even if we disregard the games were i get salty towards my own team - which are few as i get my daily chat ban rather quickly - i still end up being reported in almost every game at least once, despite playing well. And you want me to get punished? Because i play well? F@ck off please.

 

You want teams to play better? Punishment of the kind you suggested will not motivate anyone to play better.

Bad players will not felt motivated to play any better for a minor reward, and the bad players who suffer from a severe case of Dunning-Kruger and think of themselves as good players will abuse the report function even more cause "their teams suck".

And the griefers will use this to cause even more mischief, so yeah, your idea is bad.

 

 

EDIT: now with more politeness!

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
2,794 posts
11,013 battles
2 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Aww, there you go again @Jethro_Grey . We really have to work on your communication skills. :Smile_smile: See?:

fyck.jpg.b7cdfb3cd4c1bc200592d5bda697a8c0.jpg

ONE HAS TO SAY IT POLITELY!:Smile_great:

Thanks, you are right m8! Fixed it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×