Jump to content
Sepiroth_PT

Yamato and Musashi Armor layout still bugged after update

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[T_D_G]
Players
3 posts
15,121 battles

After update the armor model on both ships is still showing the same problem as in the earlier version...the front part of the gun turrets is still low armored

bug 0.7.0.2.png

Bug 0.7.2.png

bug0.7.0.2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ZON]
Players
22 posts
9,587 battles

I agree on this. Also the Gun Sound on Musashi is not changed.

 

Or was that a wrong anouncement from Notser? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,066 posts
15,733 battles

And why do you believe it matters?

 

All AP shells will auto-bounce off of that surface at any realistic combat distance found in the game as none can overmatch it.

No HE shell in the game can penetrate it either.

Thus it is completely irrelevant that the barbette roof is only 130mm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
890 posts
2,506 battles

Well, it seems that it was not the case, otherwise nobody would notice ... and WG would not need to fix anything ... not that they have :-)

 

Anywa bow-on Yamato is the typical ocurance of the ship, so the front turrets get shot at a lot during the games ... any longer range distance will give enough angle (f.e. a Des Moines) to penetrate ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,524 posts
6,992 battles
4 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

any longer range distance will give enough angle (f.e. a Des Moines) to penetrate ...

No.

It was proven several time that shell path shown in the client are complete BS compared to the server-calculated path. There's no shells that falls vertically ingame, even at very long range or when playing stratospheric guns such as Atlanta. Roofs can't be seriously penetrated by AP as long as they aren't overmatched, simply because they will fall at a waaay too low angle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,142 posts
8,353 battles
2 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

No.

It was proven several time that shell path shown in the client are complete BS compared to the server-calculated path. There's no shells that falls vertically ingame, even at very long range or when playing stratospheric guns such as Atlanta. Roofs can't be seriously penetrated by AP as long as they aren't overmatched, simply because they will fall at a waaay too low angle.

This. Freedom Dual Purpose Mortars, used in Atlanta and half the US DD branch needs to be as far as 12km IIRC to stop ricocheting from horizontal armor to start with. North Carolina, known for her low velocity AP needs 21km to do the same. Cleveland with current range of 14.7km can't achieve penetrations through deck at all.

 

Basically ricochet rule (if angle of impact is 60 or greater, shell ricochets unless overmatch occurs) prevents plunging fire in this game.

And client trajectory is correct on launch and descent angles, but mid flight trajectory is flattened, so you can actually see tracers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,524 posts
6,992 battles
2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

And client trajectory is correct on launch and descent angles, but mid flight trajectory is flattened, so you can actually see tracers.

Ah, you may be right.

However it was stated by WG that the trajectory displayed by the client was also wrong. You can't seriously judge the angle of impact of the shell based on the client, because there's usually something wrong compared to what the server actually calculated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
5,471 posts
11,652 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

No HE shell in the game can penetrate it either.

 

No HE Shell? Are you sure about that? :Smile_trollface:

 

How about IFHE 457mm Conqueror?

This gun goes up to a whooping 148,5 pen with HE :cap_haloween:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
161 posts
9,012 battles
15 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

 

No HE Shell? Are you sure about that? :Smile_trollface:

 

How about IFHE 457mm Conqueror?

This gun goes up to a whooping 148,5 pen with HE :cap_haloween:

So, is this a buff to the Conqueror? :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
5,471 posts
11,652 battles
2 hours ago, Fubucky said:

So, is this a buff to the Conqueror? :Smile_trollface:

 

Nah, the plate has always been the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
890 posts
2,506 battles
On 1/25/2018 at 11:18 PM, Panocek said:

This. Freedom Dual Purpose Mortars, used in Atlanta and half the US DD branch needs to be as far as 12km IIRC to stop ricocheting from horizontal armor to start with. North Carolina, known for her low velocity AP needs 21km to do the same. Cleveland with current range of 14.7km can't achieve penetrations through deck at all.

 

Basically ricochet rule (if angle of impact is 60 or greater, shell ricochets unless overmatch occurs) prevents plunging fire in this game.

And client trajectory is correct on launch and descent angles, but mid flight trajectory is flattened, so you can actually see tracers.

 

you are very rarely hitting flat deck, that's why ... there's a lot of secondaries/superstructure/AA guns in the way ... there are only few non-CV ships in the game with large deck area without obstructions ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,066 posts
15,733 battles

Are you joking?

Tell you what, try to penetrate the deck of a Taiho/Hakuryu/Midway at any range with any ship. You'll see that you will get nothing but bounces. If a shell was capable of overcoming auto bounce but defeated by the actual deck armor you'd get shatters instead.

 

Again, deck armor penetrations are not possible at the combat distances found in this game unless overmatched, thus the thickness of the barbette roof is completely irrelevant as long as it is not overmatched and is capable of defeating all HE shells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×