You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jack_Sparrow123

some normal crosshair?

16 comments in this topic

Players
153 posts
12,251 battles

Can you add pls some normal simple crosshair - a dot, little cross or so without that millions of lines and circles around it? It extremely disturbs me and I can`t see crap with it. Aslain doesnt have it either.

[ONE2]
Players
2,785 posts
16,080 battles

Ehrmm, you know you CAN actually change the type of crosshair you want in the game... The standard crosshair is pretty plain. Just pay a visit to your game options and pick the one you want, problem solved. :cap_like:

[TOWAR]
[TOWAR]
1,788 posts
6,383 battles

the dynamic crosshair (ingame, not a mod) is just a thin white line..

no circles, nothings.. just line... barely visible.. and those scales on them.. really helps for the aiming..

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,719 posts
8,716 battles

Going so far as removing the horizontal guide on your crosshair is considered griefing (your own team) and is for that reason not allowed.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,792 posts
11,013 battles

Press ctrl-g (or was it ctrl-alt-g?) to remove the UI, what's left is a small dot in the center of the screen.

Play Coop with UI disabled.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles

A thin white line doesn't obscure anything, you know. And your Main Battery hitrates are low as it is, removing probably the last thing you have that actually gets your shells on target... yeah, no

• Cool 1

Players
94 posts
678 battles
6 hours ago, Excavatus said:

the dynamic crosshair (ingame, not a mod) is just a thin white line..

no circles, nothings.. just line... barely visible.. and those scales on them.. really helps for the aiming..

I've tried the dynamic crosshair (and the modded dynamic) crosshair so much, and it actually makes my aim worse. By just "guessing" on the standard crosshair my hitrate is way better.

Just wish the Type 1 wasn't so ridiculously faint. Can't make out the numbers half the time.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
1 hour ago, Parakitteh said:

I've tried the dynamic crosshair (and the modded dynamic) crosshair so much, and it actually makes my aim worse. By just "guessing" on the standard crosshair my hitrate is way better.

Just wish the Type 1 wasn't so ridiculously faint. Can't make out the numbers half the time.

That's because Dynamic is set for 30kts always, while Static is set for 20kts at max zoom

Players
94 posts
678 battles
7 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

That's because Dynamic is set for 30kts always, while Static is set for 20kts at max zoom

That'd make sense.

Is there literally anywhere in the game that tells you this relatively important information?

I can't make the static work at any level of zoom below max tbh, unless I'm super close range. The two main reasons I'm zooming out is so I can get to the "20" marker for a zippy DD (which then isn't showing me scaled to 20kts as an estimate for 40kts) or if I'm at close range.

tbh I'd probably use zoom a lot more if I had a real mouse.

Players
2,170 posts
7 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

That max zoom in or out? I've used dynamic for ages so in truth I don't know how the static works.

Players
94 posts
678 battles

Only at maximum zoom. The static crosshair looks identical at any level of zoom.

Lower levels of zoom will effectively "calibrate" it to higher speeds and smaller ships, but there's no actual way of knowing what.