You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Apparently the new "Clan Wars" Season II is coming very soon...

74 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,921 posts
8,281 battles

Hi all,

"[Round 1] Public Test 0.7.1"

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/frenchy-pt071/

Clan Battles Season II

Clan Battles are coming back to World of Warships soon! During the Islands of Ice season, standard rules will apply:

• Tier X ships will clash in a 7x7 format with no carriers allowed and a limit of no more than 1 battleship per team.
  • A victorious battle moves a Clan up the league's ladder and that's where our main surprise, an extra top league (Hurricane) will be waiting for you.
  • To access it, climb through the Typhoon League through a series of Progression Battles. The Hurricane League does not contain any groups and there are no limits on boosting your Clan's Rating.

Remember, once you lose all your points, your Clan will have to win in a series of Relegation Battles to stay in the league. Consequently, the Clan Rating system will be made up of five Leagues:

• Squall League
  • Gale League
  • Storm League
  • Typhoon League
  • Hurricane League

During the Public Test, battles take place between teams of three players. Ships aren't available for rent on the Public Test out but it'll be a lot easier to unlock any desired Tier X ship, so go for it!

Plunge right into the heat of battles in League - conditions for progressing through Leagues are noticeably simplified, too. As usual, rented Tier X ships will be available after you've played at least one battle after the Update is live.

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
7,149 posts
9,305 battles

Oh look, again no aircraft carriers.

I wonder why WG couldn't figure out how to make them work in clan wars with all the data they had on not playing with CVs in the pilot season.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

.... good thing wg put this on official site so everyone can notice it...

• Funny 1

Players
2,693 posts
15,065 battles
13 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

OH GOD NO

cant they just give us some time  to breathe between CW and rankes?

also a aditional top league? hope thats just like the  one for ranked battles....

• Cool 6

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

So another league?

Seems like too many clans reached Typhoon last season for their liking so they added another hurdle.

Regarding CV. Since nothing changed since the last season (some might say it even got worse) with T10 CVs the decision is just consistent and logical. If they would have allowed them now in the same format they would have contradicted the reasoning for excluding them in S1.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,144 battles
22 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Oh look, again no aircraft carriers.

I wonder why WG couldn't figure out how to make them work in clan wars with all the data they had on not playing with CVs in the pilot season.

It is not the problem of CV but most clan dont have CV t 10 or player who could play it (too hard to play it for them) so this is easiest solution to attrackt more clans.

to be honest CV is the single hardest ship to play good in competitive mode

• Bad 1

Players
460 posts
5,079 battles

More league = more nice rewards ;)

I didn't bother with ranked because ranked is only frustration - it is you alone and you depend on 6 random players so it is mostly vs MM RNG you are playing and on the other hand Clan wars is single greatest thing WG give to this game, it is only way to play this game in competitive mode = perfect

We could only try to convince and pray WG to give us more days or longer time period on those days so we could enjoy more in only mode in this game which make this game perfect ..  I only don't see why they don't want to try or give it a go with other tiers so we could have clan wars for 2 months whole year so for example

jan-feb - tier 5

mar-apr - tier 6

May-June - tier 7

jul-aug - tier 8

sep-oct - tier 9

Nov-dec - tier 10

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
7,149 posts
9,305 battles
12 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

It is not the problem of CV but most clan dont have CV t 10 or player who could play it (too hard to play it for them) so this is easiest solution to attrackt more clans.

to be honest CV is the single hardest ship to play good in competitive mode

Clans not having tier X CVs is not an argument. WG is perfectly willing to give around free tier X rental ships.

And clans not having a competent CV captain is likewise not much of an argument, because why would they be entitled to win against clans that have one? Plenty enough clans don't have good CV players either, so the skill gap will normalize once the clans with the good ones advanced up the league brackets.

Plus if a clan has no CV captain, they could always just elect not to field a CV at all and have another AA cruiser to counter possible CV enemies.

• Cool 1

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,950 posts
6,900 battles
26 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

OH GOD NO

This. Imo this 2nd CB season is coming a bit too fast. It has been only about a month since the last one ended. Well, I'm a person who wants to have bigger pause between seasons, for some this must be okay.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,389 posts
9,606 battles

So carrier rework when?

Or permanently banned from CB... lol..

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,144 battles
6 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Clans not having tier X CVs is not an argument. WG is perfectly willing to give around free tier X rental ships.

And clans not having a competent CV captain is likewise not much of an argument, because why would they be entitled to win against clans that have one? Plenty enough clans don't have good CV players either, so the skill gap will normalize once the clans with the good ones advanced up the league brackets.

Plus if a clan has no CV captain, they could always just elect not to field a CV at all and have another AA cruiser to counter possible CV enemies.

yes, but player without experience in rental cv.....

i am not agreeing on their logic, but i avare that 40% of clans from last season would not compete if there were t10 cv.....because they dont have nobody to drive it.

cv is not mandatory, i agree also but on higher leagues they would get dominated by clans with CV.

meh

[ALYEN]
Players
619 posts
2,205 battles
33 minutes ago, LilJumpa said:

So another league?

Seems like too many clans reached Typhoon last season for their liking so they added another hurdle.

Regarding CV. Since nothing changed since the last season (some might say it even got worse) with T10 CVs the decision is just consistent and logical. If they would have allowed them now in the same format they would have contradicted the reasoning for excluding them in S1.

Nothing changed ? Afaik the USN carriers got an overhaul ... but I may be imagining things.

I hope they get to implement the rental ships filter, otherwise I'll be playing only tier 7 max for the duration of the season ...

• Cool 2

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles
Just now, Hugh_Ruka said:

Nothing changed ? Afaik the USN carriers got an overhaul ... but I may be imagining things.

Sending tier 8 TBs against an AA especced fleet can be fun.

38 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

Pretty much this, give us a break WG.

12 minutes ago, Cime said:

More league = more nice rewards ;)

More leagues= Same rewards while doing more games.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,149 posts
9,305 battles
9 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

cv is not mandatory, i agree also but on higher leagues they would get dominated by clans with CV.

meh

And there's the crux to my argument: is every clan entitled to compete in the higher leagues?

I know this sounds elitist and to some degree it definately is, but even as watered down as it is, clan wars are meant to be competitive to some degree. There's always going to be those who lose and if that means the clans that can't field a decent CV player (and can't make a non-CV strat work, which I don't believe is impossible at tier X, a couple well positioned Des Moines will do the trick) are the losers, then so be it?

At least that's my line of thought here.

WG doesn't have to hold every single clan's hands all the way to the Hurricane league.

• Cool 4

[ALYEN]
Players
619 posts
2,205 battles
6 minutes ago, Migulaitor said:

Sending tier 8 TBs against an AA especced fleet can be fun.

Yes, because the reason for S1 was that they provide a huge information advantage ... their striking power was never in discussion ...

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
13 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

I hope they get to implement the rental ships filter, otherwise I'll be playing only tier 7 max for the duration of the season ...

Nothing changed in regards to CV influence which was the main reason to ban it from 7v7.

It even got worse with the Midway getting stronger.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,144 battles
2 minutes ago, LilJumpa said:

Nothing changed in regards to CV influence which was the main reason to ban it from 7v7.

It even got worse with the Midway getting stronger.

Midway is totayl ussles in competitive gameplay.

he can not strike, he can not spot, he can not win airbattle agains AS haku

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
1 minute ago, 15JG52Adler said:

Midway is totayl ussles in competitive gameplay.

he can not strike, he can not spot, he can not win airbattle agains AS haku

tyTc1Nl.jpg

• Cool 1

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,144 battles
Just now, LilJumpa said:

tyTc1Nl.jpg

i was not aiming for point, but for "illusion" than Midway is buffed when in fact he was nerfed for competitive play.

THe point stands - excluding CV from CW is meh move by WG

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts

Earlier than I expected, but OK with me, if people think it's too soon and too close to Ranked then they don't have to play. I've done very little ranked due to the lack of teamplay and Clan Wars is totally the opposite.

The format of no CV and 1 BB max worked very well, I'm happy with that remaining as the dynamic play was excellent.

I hope they make the Clan Wars windows a bit more flexible than last time as they were rather restrictive.

• Cool 1

[HMSR]
Beta Tester
1,722 posts
5,871 battles

I just hope the timing of the battles are going to be looked at, pilot season i was unable to play a single battle due to the hours it was avalable in. 

[NWP]
Players
884 posts
8,158 battles
45 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Thats a very interesting idea, never thought of that.

An extra Des Moines could counter, at least in theory.

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
5,997 battles

I find the no CV rule refreshing, since it changes the spotting meta and makes normally unviable setups viable.

• Cool 1

Players
350 posts
3,426 battles

Team with CV>>>> Team Without CV, it's a no contest, shouldn't be possible.

Last season without CV has been well received after all.

Let's be honest, it's better if they add CV in CW after rework than in current state.