You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DFens_666

Remove those reaction smilies!

Reacting to Posts  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Remove the smilies

• Yes, but keep the good ones
    • No
    • Remove all
    • I dont care, and i dont know why im voting then

42 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
3,212 posts
5,611 battles

Not sure where the right place for this is, but i just go with the place with the most attention.

Why did u introduce those smilies to react to post? I can understan positive feedback, such as Cool (alltho what does cool mean?) and Funny. And then we have 3 Negative smilies.
All this does it creates hostility in the Forums, without any need. Ppl running deliberately after your posts, voting Boring/Bad because they disagree with you as a person. Its one thing to argue about it, but now we have "karma" system in the forums, where u actually see who is targeting your posts. I mean fine, obviously sometimes ppl piss each other off, but giving the possibility to vote posts will only make things worse in the long run.

It should be judged what u say, not what the other one thinks of u because u said something he doesnt like once, thats why we dont need any Bad smilies for Posts!

Helpful-smiley would be much better, and yet it doesnt exist.

Cool and Funny can stay as far as im concearned.

@MrConway @Tuccy

Any insight why it was implemented like this? Any possibility to revert or change the current ones?

• Cool 5
  • Funny 11
  • Boring 22
  • Bad 17
  • Angry 6

Beta Tester
786 posts
4,327 battles

Actually I was hoping more types of imagery reaction was added. The current ones are not too helpful, and are very extreme. Your poll does not include an "add more" option so I chose 4 instead.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
2,666 posts
7,219 battles

:Smile_Default: joke aside (the bad smiley reaction) ... I think you are discriminating the 3 smileys you are trying to get removed.

After all there are several "negative" emoticons present for you to use in the forum posts :Smile_child:

Soooo ... even tho I do understand your point (same reason why Facebook never implemented "thumbs down" emo), I do not see them as problematic.

[NWP]
Players
3,212 posts
5,611 battles
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

:Smile_Default: joke aside (the bad smiley reaction) ... I think you are discriminating the 3 smileys you are trying to get removed.

After all there are several "negative" emoticons present for you to use in the forum posts :Smile_child:

Soooo ... even tho I do understand your point (same reason why Facebook never implemented "thumbs down" emo), I do not see them as problematic.

Well, maybe u didnt have those guys following u? And the option is to but them on Blocklist, so i dont get Notification spammed because they run wild voting on every post they can find. I mean its not my time going down the toilet, but its annoying at some point.

3 minutes ago, KarmaQU_EU said:

Actually I was hoping more types of imagery reaction was added. The current ones are not too helpful, and are very extreme. Your poll does not include an "add more" option so I chose 4 instead.

Well good point, didnt think about that. Maybe option 1 with a comment would have been better? Basicly u are saying the same, as in they dont help really (like Cool) or are very extreme (Like Angry)

[CATS]
Players
14,124 posts
10,571 battles

If they annoy you, ignore them...

I know of certain people close to you that behave exactly as you wrote...

Players
137 posts
6,579 battles

I like the concept of them, but with anything like this it will always be abused by people.

"hurr durr I hate this player so I will post a boring reaction, that'll show em'!"

It's a good idea (feedback, etc), but on the flip side it can be used to insight more hate on other players 

[NWP]
Players
3,212 posts
5,611 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

If they annoy you, ignore them...

Ye but thats the point! So u have to ignore someone who choose to be an [edited]at one time, maybe he has something usefull to say in the future anyway?

1 minute ago, _Xaero_ said:

It's a good idea, but on the flip side it can be used to insight more hate on other players 

Good atleast someone understood it. Its not about the smilies per se, but about what its doing to the community. U cant have a good community when its about negativity all the time.

But seeing the Community in WOWs in general, i think everyone likes to be hateful... very sad....

• Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,666 posts
7,219 battles
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Good atleast someone understood it. Its not about the smilies per se, but about what its doing to the community. U cant have a good community when its about negativity all the time.

But seeing the Community in WOWs in general, i think everyone likes to be hateful... very sad....

Every competitive game unfortunately  has exactly the same community (toxic).

If the removal of smileys would help to improve the state ... sure, get rid of them.

But I doubt that it would help one bit, because I think its partly human nature and mostly the lack of "parenting" that is reflecting in the internet behavior.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,934 posts
3 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Oh no... There are industry leaders...

Cough, cough... Star... Cough, cough... Citizen... Cough... :Smile_teethhappy:

[AMOK]
Players
947 posts
5,680 battles

@DFens_666

Everybody can see who voted which way. So?

Furthermore its absolutely consistent from WG. There are more reports than honors in the game too. So?

And now i have a possibility to express my refusal on comments that otherwise would have been worth no answer. So?

Sure it can be misused but hey ...what hurts u more a hate speech on one of your comments or a small smilie?

And in contrast to the game there are no consequences, right?

[CATS]
Players
14,124 posts
10,571 battles
10 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Ye but thats the point! So u have to ignore someone who choose to be an [edited]at one time, maybe he has something usefull to say in the future anyway?

They are different ways to ignore smilies...

There is no need to block accounts for that...

[IRQ]
Players
2,698 posts
6,429 battles

If you want less hostility on the forums, be less hostile on the forums. I hear that helps.

• Cool 5

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

i noticed that OP needed 2 more reactions to get all smileys for his post.. so i added funny. someone add angry :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[NWP]
Players
3,212 posts
5,611 battles
12 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

They are different ways to ignore smilies...

There is no need to block accounts for that...

But ignoring the notification means i have to ignore the user (or part of it) meaning i wont get notified when he quotes me either, if i choose to still talk to him.

But u are missing the point: Its no so much about what that smiley says, its about creating negativity in the community, and for which reasons?

15 minutes ago, Donar79 said:

Everybody can see who voted which way. So?

Furthermore its absolutely consistent from WG. There are more reports than honors in the game too. So?

And now i have a possibility to express my refusal on comments that otherwise would have been worth no answer. So?

Sure it can be misused but hey ...what hurts u more a hate speech on one of your comments or a small smilie?

And in contrast to the game there are no consequences, right?

- Precisely the point. Actually one thing id like would be ingame to see who complimented me (as a comparision). If u get reported (despite doing nothing) u have a pretty good idea who it was. But getting complimented for playing well is very hard to know. Which brings me to a game lately where ClydeThaMonkey was on the enemy team. After the game i watched the game from his side, and he was the one complimenting me in the end. Me thinking it was one of my team... stupid me....

- So that makes it good?

- Depending on the comment, it might be useful to say why u disagree/why the other is wrong.

- Noone would take the time to write hate speeches against u all the time. If they did, u could aswell report them...

18 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

If you want less hostility on the forums, be less hostile on the forums. I hear that helps.

I see the level of selfreflection :Smile_trollface:

[IRQ]
Players
2,698 posts
6,429 battles
11 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I see the level of selfreflection :Smile_trollface:

Well, one of us has to do it.

Beta Tester
1,499 posts
4,650 battles

We had those + and - votes way back and they were fine.

Then they were removed becuse? (does anyone remember?)

And now we have these emoticons.

I'd rather have the old +/- system back but do not really mind the options.

[AMOK]
Players
947 posts
5,680 battles
49 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

- So that makes it good?

- Depending on the comment, it might be useful to say why u disagree/why the other is wrong.

- Noone would take the time to write hate speeches against u all the time. If they did, u could aswell report them...

No it doesn´t make it good. I am also the opinion that ingame reports/honors shouldn´t be completely anonymous. At least nickname should be shown. I think some dickheads wouldn´t be that quick with their reports.

In the most cases u should explain your opinion but cmon we are in the internet. People show themselves from their worst side or how they really are if u want. Some just show they have no respect and conduct.

I can´t see exactly where this reaction smilies make it worse. If someone misuses the smilies extensivly i could report that to Team too, i think.

Honestly i asked for this negativ smilies since they took them out the first time(we already had the disagree/negativ things some months year ago).  I also don´t see the effect of only positiv reactions being there.

Without going into the deep why for me it is kind of undemocratic/unfair to only have one way to react i say all or nothing. So :Smile_great:for implementing it back.

[TS1]
Players
503 posts
7,341 battles

I kinda like them. Would like more positive ones though.

1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Not exactly the same. Some are worse, some are better.

I feel WoWs has a fairly well-adjusted community for the most part. Just compare it to WoT or something. The worst parts of this community can probably be found on these forums, and even then it's not too bad. In-game the players are overall quite pleasant.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,175 posts
9,323 battles

I personally think we need another reaction smiley.

I'm severely missing the "rolling eyes" and the "shrugging in disbelief".

• Cool 3

[TENGO]
Players
1,556 posts
8,690 battles
48 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I personally think we need another reaction smiley.

I'm severely missing the "rolling eyes" and the "shrugging in disbelief".

:Smile_facepalm:

[NWP]
Players
3,212 posts
5,611 battles
1 hour ago, Donar79 said:

I also don´t see the effect of only positiv reactions being there.

Helpful-votes would be an indication for a good post/ someone who is helpful in general. U might get rewards for it, so that the aim would be to improve the community rather to make it more toxic.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,157 posts
11,471 battles

Voted no because I like upvoting good content and downvoting bad content into oblivion...

[NWP]
Players
885 posts
8,158 battles

"Smilize" this epic Trump photo :)

trump2.jpg