You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boris_MNE

Joke level pro...

26 comments in this topic

[XTREM]
Players
1,389 posts
9,606 battles

Back in the 2016 or so I have decided to bind my phone to WG account. Then I decided to try to change password few days ago.... what happened?
For several days I was trying to get confirmation code sent to my phone, but nohing happened.

Now, I contacted support to unbind my account..... after waiting of few days they asked for MORE informations... to make sure that account is my. I simply refused to give them, because it is not my fault that their service suck. Now they don't want to unbind my phone and I can not change password. LOL  xD

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[TENGO]
Players
1,545 posts
8,660 battles

At least you won a laptop, right? :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 9

[XTREM]
Players
1,389 posts
9,606 battles
Just now, PzychoPanzer said:

At least you won a laptop, right? :Smile-_tongue:

Sure I did. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,077 posts
11,145 battles

AFAIK it's impossible to change your pw. Tried it couple of times. Didn't get a solution from CS. Maybe through the WOT portal? I haven't tried that.

• Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,389 posts
9,606 battles
Just now, Ferry_25 said:

AFAIK it's impossible to change your pw. Tried it couple of times. Didn't get a solution from CS. Maybe through the WOT portal? I haven't tried that.

imposible to change pw?

That sounds like WG.  :Smile_trollface:

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,461 posts
7,850 battles

That's unfortunate. But I do have sympathy for support staff being extra careful when handling account security.

It's often way too easy to social engineer your way past support staff and gain access to accounts and/or information that you shouldn't.

Beta Tester
2,146 posts
8,330 battles

So you are expecting them to unbind the phone without giving information to proof your identity? 

What good would that security measure be, if anyone could revoke it with a simple message? 

• Cool 3

[XTREM]
Players
1,389 posts
9,606 battles

Then they simple should stop offering sucky service what is not working.  That is all I am asking.
I accepted their "measurment of security" and now I need to bring them detailed report of my account in order to cancel it? Sure :D

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles

And you just know the OP would be here in two weeks crying "OMG WG LET SOMEONE STEAL MY ACCOUNT OMG OMG OMG!!!".

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,663 posts
7,200 battles

What "additional information" are we talking about?

[XODUS]
Players
725 posts
3,925 battles

Username + Password?

That is so 20th Century and not secure at all

In order to get into my account i require, my Username & Password Plus then the Random Number Generated by my Multi-factor authentication Token on my Phone, which is protected by another password.

Can you tell i work in the cyber security industry?

• Cool 1

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
9 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

well it is usually standard information that persons from FBI ask you when you inherit some money

Office Of The Director,
Christopher A. Wray,
Federal Bureau Of Investigation,
935 Pennsylvania Avenue,
NW, Washington, D.C. 20535-0001, USA.

Dear Sir / Madam,

After the spring meetings of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), with the President Muhammadu Buhari, Senate Committe, Finance Minister and other concerned Nigeria Government Parastatals, a letter of transmittal has been issued to  the Central Bank of Nigeria  (CBN) to release all outstanding inheritance/contract payments. Your name is among the beneficiaries to receive their Eight Million United States Dollars through the Central Bank of Nigeria within five working days.

But from the intelligence report made available to us, a lady named Ms. Joan B Melvin of New York has already submitted a power of attorney with some official documents (allegedly signed by you) to the Central Bank of Nigeria and also filed for the release of  the US$8,000,000.00 to her on your behalf due to ill health.

In view of this, you are strictly advised to DESIST from further communication with any individual or office pertaining to your over-due inheritance/contract payment and kindly provide your information:

1. Your full Name:
2. Contact Home Address:
3. Your Cell-phone Number:
4. Your Date of Birth:
5. Sex:
6. Country:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,927 posts
41 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

imposible to change pw?
That sounds like WG.  :Smile_trollface:

Chill. You only need to wait for another hack of their servers and mass letters asking users to change their passwords...

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

Meanwhile, in an alternate reality:

"Someone just unbound my phone from my account, reset my password and stole my account! How could WG have such poor security in place to not even check peoples' identity before changing security information?!"

[XTREM]
Players
1,389 posts
9,606 battles
Just now, rvfharrier said:

Meanwhile, in an alternate reality:

"Someone just unbound my phone from my account, reset my password and stole my account! How could WG have such poor security in place to not even check peoples' identity before changing security information?!"

No idea :D +382691***** is phone near me, nothing recrieving :P

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
36 minutes ago, JaiFoh said:

Username + Password?

That is so 20th Century and not secure at all

In order to get into my account i require, my Username & Password Plus then the Random Number Generated by my Multi-factor authentication Token on my Phone, which is protected by another password.

Can you tell i work in the cyber security industry?

Meanwhile some people use their pet's name/date of birth as password, which the post on facebook.

Or just "password1234".

Beta Tester
777 posts
4,327 battles
1 hour ago, Boris_MNE said:

Back in the 2016 or so I have decided to bind my phone to WG account. Then I decided to try to change password few days ago.... what happened?
For several days I was trying to get confirmation code sent to my phone, but nohing happened.

Now, I contacted support to unbind my account..... after waiting of few days they asked for MORE informations... to make sure that account is my. I simply refused to give them, because it is not my fault that their service suck. Now they don't want to unbind my phone and I can not change password. LOL  xD

Has sms-from-wg never worked at all, or has it only stopped working this time when you tried to change your password?

Also what kind of info is WG asking you to provide? If it's just isp provider, date of wg-store transactions, time and place you registered your wg account etc. you might as well just tell them because they have those info anyways from logging your access habits etc.

Even if they ask for proof of identification, it is reasonable if they give valid reason to do. Most companies also have very strict privacy policies regarding information security, e.g. ID and such more "important" info is nor handled not viewable by support but directly by a specialized department. Besides, you needn't send more proof than necessary.

Players
858 posts
3,869 battles
1 hour ago, SeeteufeI said:

Or just "password1234".

OMG!!! You've haxx0red me!!!?!! :Smile_ohmy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
858 posts
3,869 battles
2 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

You bound your phone to your account for additional security but when Support ask for details to confirm your ownership of the account, you want weaker security? :Smile_unsure:

Why didn't you contact Support and ask them what was wrong with the confirmation code process instead of going straight to unbinding your phone?

Bearing in mind that the first thing someone would do if they bought or stole an account would be to remove details of the previous account holder, isn't it obvious that Support would require further information to change something so fundamental to the security you've requested on the account? Refusing to provide that information (which they'll already have) would be enough of a red flag to me to lock the account until it's forthcoming.

I changed my mobile last year and no longer had access to the number I'd bound to my account (because I forgot to do it when I still had access). Raised a Support ticket to request unbinding, attached the relevant details to the ticket (available from the knowledge base) and it was done on the first reply.

It's weird, it's as though if you bother to read the relevant pages and provide the information requested by Support up front, they're really helpful and efficient. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

Players
391 posts
2,966 battles
16 minutes ago, Strappster said:

I changed my mobile last year and no longer had access to the number I'd bound to my account (because I forgot to do it when I still had access). Raised a Support ticket to request unbinding, attached the relevant details to the ticket (available from the knowledge base) and it was done on the first reply.

It's weird, it's as though if you bother to read the relevant pages and provide the information requested by Support up front, they're really helpful and efficient. :Smile_smile:

Just curious, could you provide proof of ownership or did you send them screenshots of payments? Because I would have a similar problem as the OP with my old WoT account. Not that I would want to play WoT ever again, but I might give that account to a friend.

Players
858 posts
3,869 battles
13 minutes ago, Bismarck_chan said:

Just curious, could you provide proof of ownership or did you send them screenshots of payments? Because I would have a similar problem as the OP with my old WoT account. Not that I would want to play WoT ever again, but I might give that account to a friend.

I confirmed the telephone number and attached a screenshot of PayPal transactions with irrelevant information (i.e. other purchases, my personal details) blanked out.

What I totally wouldn't suggest is that you claim you wish to change the telephone number to your new number and then "forget" to put the new number on the account before you give it to your friend. There's been the odd post or two on the WoT forums from people who need to change their number and Support aren't playing ball because the account appears to have been purchased by or donated to the new player. You can't change the country of origin for the account either, probably for the same reason.

If you don't happen to have spent anything on PayPal on that account, you'll need to provide other confirmation such as a copy of your phone bill showing the number in question.

Players
391 posts
2,966 battles
9 minutes ago, Strappster said:

I confirmed the telephone number and attached a screenshot of PayPal transactions with irrelevant information (i.e. other purchases, my personal details) blanked out.

What I totally wouldn't suggest is that you claim you wish to change the telephone number to your new number and then "forget" to put the new number on the account before you give it to your friend. There's been the odd post or two on the WoT forums from people who need to change their number and Support aren't playing ball because the account appears to have been purchased by or donated to the new player. You can't change the country of origin for the account either, probably for the same reason.

If you don't happen to have spent anything on PayPal on that account, you'll need to provide other confirmation such as a copy of your phone bill showing the number in question.

Thanks! I would put my actual current phone number on it anyway, just to have a way to recover it if the account somehow borked my current password and required me to set a new one. It's really a hassle I just ran into because I used my old phone, which was a prepaid phone and forgot about it. And then the phone company canceled it because I did not make them enough money.  :cap_old:

Probably for the best if I just let the account die. WoT just gets my bloodpressure up unnecessarily, anyway.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Either a confirmation that the previous phone number was actually yours ( phonebill with your name and the number on it) or the confirmation that the account is yours (screenshot of payments to WG from paypal, credit card e.g.)

A screenshot of the email you receive when you buy something is not enough.

If you provide this with your ticket, your phone will be unbound as soon as  a support opens it.

Was a matter of 1 hour for me.

[-CC-]
Players
98 posts
11,354 battles

Don't know if this is relevant, but I once had a problem binding my phone to my account, because the text messages never arrived. The fault was entirely mine though. Years ago, I had signed up for a multi SIM service, which meant I was provided with two identical SIM cards. One was intended for my phone, the other for a portable Internet device. However, it turned out I could not receive text messages. Eventually I learned that the SIM cards were not completely identical - the one exception was that only one of them received text messages, and I had mixed them up at some point. It took me ages to figure this one out.