You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CptMinia

Musashi - Opinion

63 comments in this topic

[RBMF]
Players
252 posts
6,117 battles

Yo, so I've been playing the Musashi for a bit and I must say overall. I'm not really upset or disappointed in how it performs (yes, there are one or two details I don't understand). Without a doubt, the ship is over-powered. Despite its huge AA nerf, raised freeboard and nerfed guns the ship still remains incredibly strong. Why? For the simple reason that the only kind of ship that can truly exploit its weakness is an aircraft carrier due to the lack and infact almost non-existant AA. Her lowered waterline only becomes an apparent weakness when showing broadside or the weakness of the angled citadel under the turrets. Which as a yamato player, I am certainly aware about. If you angle well, the only thing that can citadel you is another Musashi or the Yamato.

I honestly struggle to find a way to get the Musashi to fit in at tier 9. I think WG might have tried too hard to make it a direct rival to the Missouri. That is the only reason I can think of really. I believe it would have made a lot more sense to make her a premium tier 10. A tier 9, she is OP. Ridiculously. I don't want to compare stats yet since it is too soon to really put the numbers together. But the fact I'm 19 and grin and laugh like a little japanese girl whenever I am up against tier 7 matchmaking is frightening. The Musashi absolutely dominates Tier 9 if there are no carriers. The fact is WarGaming gave a premium T9 a very distinctive and obvious weakness, a terrible lack of Anti-Air firepower, in a game in which there are no aircraft carriers to be seen... if it had been the year of the carrier in 2017, maybe it would've been different. But WG once again failed triumphantly on a very large, public stage. 

As for my more personal issues with the ship:

• The guns sound different to Yamato, why?
  • Why is her bow emblem different to Yamato? Is this factually correct? As far as I can tell, it isn't.
  • Her credit income appears lower than Missouri. It doesn't feel like this is due to her performance difference when it comes to flexibility.

Let me give you an example. This is, so far, my best Musashi game. I had a credit signals and wyvern. So why only 1.4 million? I feel it would've been a lot more in the Missouri really.

5a67d7e804639_worldofwarships2018-01-2216-37-13-90.thumb.jpg.214e5b57f3009847e32a3f708a6e44c3.jpg

5a67d7e995b91_worldofwarships2018-01-2216-37-16-73.thumb.jpg.b642b068a3e94d46651f53d484fdd271.jpg

5a67d7eb17927_worldofwarships2018-01-2216-37-19-62.thumb.jpg.be11fb6fb513a9288a3dd386c0222d4e.jpg

5a67d7eca14ff_worldofwarships2018-01-2216-37-23-61.thumb.jpg.aa1c3c22dfe24f2a79cbce1db88c5945.jpg

Thanks for the read, please let me know your opinion on the Musashi if you own her as well. Cheers :)

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,461 posts
7,850 battles
1 hour ago, CptMinia said:

The guns sound different to Yamato, why?

Being fixed.

Why is her bow emblem different to Yamato? Is this factually correct? As far as I can tell, it isn't.

The entire ship model is way more detailed than the Yamato which happens to have one of the, of not THE, oldest model in the game. As far as I know only the gun turrets are shared between the two models.

So it's not so much that the Musashi had different details (like the bow emblem) than the Yamato, but more that the Yamato has a really rough model in comparison.

Her credit income appears lower than Missouri. It doesn't feel like this is due to her performance difference when it comes to flexibility.

Yes, her credit multiplier is something like 20-30% which is pretty standard for premium ships. The Missouri's credit multiplier is almost double that if I'm not mistaken.

So the only thing which makes the Musashi better than other premium ships at gathering credits (excluding the Missouri) is her position at tier 9 and her battle performance.

Personally I'm definitely leaning towards her being OP as well. You wouldn't think so initially when looking at how balanced Yamato is at tier 10. But if you know how to play the Yamato and there is no CV gunning for you, you are essentially playing a Yamato at tier 9 and you will see plenty of tier 9 battles.

People like to focus on the 1.8 sigma as a weakness, but it's still an average BB sigma rating and with IJN dispersion. As long as you're not expecting Yamato shell groupings you won't be disappointed.

The biggest issue she has is ironically that tier 9 battles are significantly more mobile than tier 10, for whatever reason. So when you find a great position where you are really strong and have lots of targets, your team often just leaves you, enemy DDs slip through and you are suddenly the rear guard of your team in a big BB being chased by invisible enemy DDs. :fish_nerv:

[NED]
Players
1,613 posts
5,918 battles

For some reason when i target a ship under 10km distance away my guns start to derp out and i have a harder time hitting most of the shells then i do when shooting at ranges of 16km+

At least that is the impression i have from my last few games in her.

[I401]
Beta Tester
916 posts
7,664 battles
5 hours ago, Nechrom said:

Yes, her credit multiplier is something like 20-30% which is pretty standard for premium ships. The Missouri's credit multiplier is almost double that if I'm not mistaken.

Any source on this? Or just your tinfoil hat?

The Musashi shoots other BBs mostly from 20km away, while the Missouri plays closer range spotting DDs, shooting cruisers and planes = more xp and credits.

Beta Tester
2,146 posts
8,330 battles
30 minutes ago, kfa said:

The Musashi shoots other BBs mostly from 20km away, while the Missouri plays closer range spotting DDs, shooting cruisers and planes = more xp and credits.

LittleWhiteMouse compared Missouri anf Musashi results. She came to the conclusion, that Musashi earns about 75% of what Missouri does, with a similar xp performance. 

Also Roma with Beercan earns more than Musashi (without gamescom camo). 

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,870 battles

I got the "Mighty Mushu" as well and have so far contented myself in testing different setups (AA build, Standard BB build and so on) and captain skills in COOPs, did try 1 Random, which did not go well. But that was to be expected, since I have not played BB so I was blapped fairly quickly, since the build I am testing now is of course the secondary build so I went too close too early and paid the price. That build doe not seem like such a good idea at this moment BTW. :Smile_smile:

But the ship itself is pretty much just like a Yamato's baby sister, but with just WAY more horrible AA. So I guess it will be just another basic sniper BB in the end. Nothing wrong with it other than the painfully hopeless AA, but then again. I will have to learn how to BB first before I can say for sure. Hehehe!:Smile_teethhappy:

As for earnings potential, I have no idea and don't really care either. Already have pretty much all the ships I wanted and still overflowing Credits and XP, so I'm good with whatever. :cap_money:

Players
350 posts
3,426 battles

I got 750k xp last week, but i bought Missouri.

I'll get Yamato eventually (grinding Izumo atm) plus HSF premium camo for which i started collection.

If you play a tier 8-9 ship, you handle Musashi like another Yamato, you should be used to if you play high tiers.

IF you are in a tier 7 well, i think you'll have a rough time.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,461 posts
7,850 battles
52 minutes ago, kfa said:

This is not from personal observations, but I've also not seen anything myself that would contradict it.

It's lifted from what others have extrapolated from more controlled testing i.e. no camo, signals or other bonuses and while looking at the entire picture of the end results using what we know about the way rewards are divvied up.

As @_Helmut_Kohl_ pointed out LWM did a comparison test and I've read about the credit bonus of Missouri before that (50%).

Of course none of this is first party information since WG doesn't give out those values and it's server side so no way to data-mine it.

[-I-N-]
[-I-N-]
Players
667 posts
12,019 battles
Vor 6 Stunden, Nechrom sagte:

People like to focus on the 1.8 sigma as a weakness, but it's still an average BB sigma rating and with IJN dispersion. As long as you're not expecting Yamato shell groupings you won't be disappointed.

There is also one thing that people seem to overlook (although I do not know how big the effect in game really is), the Musashi has a much lower minimal dispersion than Yamato.

Data from http://wowsft.com/:

yamamush.png.364c3e6b6eee19e3ac597b6c610888eb.png

• Cool 1

Players
350 posts
3,426 battles

They lowered credit income because Earning capabilities of Missouri was too high, probably an estimation mistake from WG when they released Mo.

I have the feeling that if Missouri income had been lower (Musashi like), they would not have removed her from tech tree.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,144 battles
9 hours ago, CptMinia said:

Yo, so I've been playing the Musashi for a bit and I must say overall. I'm not really upset or disappointed in how it performs (yes, there are one or two details I don't understand). Without a doubt, the ship is over-powered. Despite its huge AA nerf, raised freeboard and nerfed guns the ship still remains incredibly strong. Why? For the simple reason that the only kind of ship that can truly exploit its weakness is an aircraft carrier due to the lack and infact almost non-existant AA. Her lowered waterline only becomes an apparent weakness when showing broadside or the weakness of the angled citadel under the turrets. Which as a yamato player, I am certainly aware about. If you angle well, the only thing that can citadel you is another Musashi or the Yamato.

I honestly struggle to find a way to get the Musashi to fit in at tier 9. I think WG might have tried too hard to make it a direct rival to the Missouri. That is the only reason I can think of really. I believe it would have made a lot more sense to make her a premium tier 10. A tier 9, she is OP. Ridiculously. I don't want to compare stats yet since it is too soon to really put the numbers together. But the fact I'm 19 and grin and laugh like a little japanese girl whenever I am up against tier 7 matchmaking is frightening. The Musashi absolutely dominates Tier 9 if there are no carriers. The fact is WarGaming gave a premium T9 a very distinctive and obvious weakness, a terrible lack of Anti-Air firepower, in a game in which there are no aircraft carriers to be seen... if it had been the year of the carrier in 2017, maybe it would've been different. But WG once again failed triumphantly on a very large, public stage. 

As for my more personal issues with the ship:

• The guns sound different to Yamato, why?
  • Why is her bow emblem different to Yamato? Is this factually correct? As far as I can tell, it isn't.
  • Her credit income appears lower than Missouri. It doesn't feel like this is due to her performance difference when it comes to flexibility.

Let me give you an example. This is, so far, my best Musashi game. I had a credit signals and wyvern. So why only 1.4 million? I feel it would've been a lot more in the Missouri really.

Reveal hidden contents

5a67d7e804639_worldofwarships2018-01-2216-37-13-90.thumb.jpg.214e5b57f3009847e32a3f708a6e44c3.jpg

5a67d7e995b91_worldofwarships2018-01-2216-37-16-73.thumb.jpg.b642b068a3e94d46651f53d484fdd271.jpg

5a67d7eb17927_worldofwarships2018-01-2216-37-19-62.thumb.jpg.be11fb6fb513a9288a3dd386c0222d4e.jpg

5a67d7eca14ff_worldofwarships2018-01-2216-37-23-61.thumb.jpg.aa1c3c22dfe24f2a79cbce1db88c5945.jpg

Thanks for the read, please let me know your opinion on the Musashi if you own her as well. Cheers :)

it is t 9....in every of his game there is with 99,00% certainty a t10 ships so no it is not OP in any means....it perfectly fits in t 9 because on t 10 most BBs could easyly explotit her very high citadel (higher than yamato) while her doe snot have guns of yammato...so yes...t9 in perfect spot.

also becasue of t 9 it is not clon of yamato, thats why different sound, different (worst) secondaries and so on.

Missoury is still king of t 9 OP ships with its [edited]idiotic USA radar 

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,870 battles
49 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

also becasue of t 9 it is not clon of yamato, thats why different sound, different (worst) secondaries and so on.

Yeah, I was actually wondering about that too. From the looks of it this should have made a perfect "brawler BB" for the IJN (and a welcome change to the usual sniping) but instead the secondaries indeed seem to be a bit meh and also the high citadel prevents any dreams of brawling fairly effectively. :Smile_facepalm:

That seems like a mistake to me, this one thing is what could have made her significantly different (and hence more interesting to play) from Yamato or indeed any other IJN BB but it seems that they just had no concept idea behind it and instead it was watered down and became "just another boring IJN sniper" instead. A pity really, all those secondaries (the main distinguishing feature of Musashi) just go to waste, if you are forced to spend the entire game sniping 20km away.:Smile_amazed:

Now don't take me wrong, I would have bought her anyway. Always wanted a Yamato with 1942 setup, but it just did not correspond too well to expectations is what I am saying. I am guessing most everyone else also kinda expected it to be an excellent brawler as well.:Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,146 posts
8,330 battles
40 minutes ago, herrjott said:

There is also one thing that people seem to overlook (although I do not know how big the effect in game really is), the Musashi has a much lower minimal dispersion than Yamato.

I was always wondering about those minimum dispersion values. What do they even mean? 

Because Missouri has a minimum horizontal dispersion of 166m, but I have seen all the shells basically on top of each other, in those magical salvos. 

• Boring 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,461 posts
7,850 battles
5 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

I was always wondering about those minimum dispersion values. What do they even mean? 

Because Missouri has a minimum horizontal dispersion of 166m, but I have seen all the shells basically on top of each other, in those magical salvos. 

"Min dispersion" is a bit misleading. The confusing but more correct term would be "min max dispersion". As it specifies the lowest your max dispersion will be as it decreases due to range (closer to the ship that is firing).

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,035 posts
5,603 battles
11 hours ago, CptMinia said:

I am up against tier 7 matchmaking is frightening.

I think any tier IX ship especially BB is too much for tier VII.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,927 posts
2 hours ago, _DeathWing_ said:

Nah... You ram them exactly same. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 3

Beta Tester
2,146 posts
8,330 battles
4 hours ago, _DeathWing_ said:

Missouri vs Colorado feels pretty brutal too. 

... and on the way Missouri can just faceroll the enemy T7 CV with its AA and their DDs with its radar. Missouri is always a monster at T7. 

Musashi just smells like rape for any CV/DD on the enemy team. So it has to be afraid all game.

TLDR:

Musashi needs 

-top tier

-no cv

-not many DD

Missouri needs:

-top tier 

-some lube

Beta Tester
617 posts
6,209 battles

Strictly speaking about the Musashi I can't comment on the ship as I do not have it. (but I own Yamato)

The only comment I can make is that the presence of Musashi in the game is very visible especially in Tier 7. I notice this as with normal tech tree grind I'm now at a T7 ship and soon I'll have another entering T7. Since the new patch T7 MatchMaking was very unfavorable for me, mostly having to play as LOW Tier (so the battle is T9) and almost in all battles where the top tier was 9 there was at least 1 Musashi if not 2.

Up till now I quite enjoyed playing T7 ships as the MatchMaking was far more reasonable for them than for T6 or T8. This has drastically changed now - in my experience.

I'm not sure if it is only attributable to the Musashi Hype or not. If yes, I hope it will go away soon as the hype dies down...

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,540 battles
8 hours ago, herrjott said:

I noticed that too, while hunting for hidden datas for reviews. The same info appears on gamemodels3d thus it's not a glitch.

At the beginning I thought that it's a bug, as high-tier French BBs (WiP) share the same abnormal low parameter compared to the rest, and Musashi was just launched.

Right now I think that Min H Dispersion and Min V dispersion are parameters that we don't understand yet. Anyway, they seems to don't be signifiant in the overall dispersion thing.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
919 posts
11,067 battles

Is it just me or is Musashi bouncing a ton of shots ? i get about 30% bounces in all my games .. 

[JRM]
Players
658 posts
10,583 battles

If i keep making 1000 free XP per day, I should get this ship in about one year (non-premium player), unless some pleasant surprise happens.  Yea, I am one of those who was spending free XP in first year and half on modules researches, as it was suppose to be done :).

Players
3,094 posts
5,418 battles
15 hours ago, Nechrom said:

Personally I'm definitely leaning towards her being OP as well. You wouldn't think so initially when looking at how balanced Yamato is at tier 10. But if you know how to play the Yamato and there is no CV gunning for you, you are essentially playing a Yamato at tier 9 and you will see plenty of tier 9 battles.

The thing about the mm is also this: A Musashi is replacing a T9 ship in the enemy team. So, basically, Mushashi is either a Yamato with bonus matchmaking (when in T7 game) or it gives the team a bonus of +1 T10 BB (lets say + ~0,9, if you want to count the disadvantages of Musashi compared to Yamato) in a T10-battle.

2 hours ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

The only comment I can make is that the presence of Musashi in the game is very visible especially in Tier 7. I notice this as with normal tech tree grind I'm now at a T7 ship and soon I'll have another entering T7. Since the new patch T7 MatchMaking was very unfavorable for me, mostly having to play as LOW Tier (so the battle is T9) and almost in all battles where the top tier was 9 there was at least 1 Musashi if not 2.

Up till now I quite enjoyed playing T7 ships as the MatchMaking was far more reasonable for them than for T6 or T8. This has drastically changed now - in my experience.

I'm not sure if it is only attributable to the Musashi Hype or not. If yes, I hope it will go away soon as the hype dies down...

I think this is a constant development. Ive noticed the same, but it has already started before the introduction of Musashi. The glory days of T7-MM are over. w/e the reasons are.

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,257 posts
8,753 battles

In a world full of death and destruction, pain and suffering, injustice and indifference with humanity lying, cheating and stealing from each other.....and oh yes, I forgot, a free ship that is overpowered. It's legit, first world problems exist, but are they real?

• Funny 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,035 posts
5,603 battles

[RBMF]
Players
252 posts
6,117 battles
6 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

Already seen that. No surprises there, I wonder if WarGaming will touch or officially speak out as to why musashi has not got the credit income of the Missouri. Probably not...