You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_chikor

rant ( when *edited* make a devision ) CV topic

134 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Players
394 posts
9,626 battles

I am so mad and sorry for the tittle . i like to come here when i see something wrong in the game and as always you guys decide .

i got Hakuryu a week ago (( my 2nd tier10 ship )  and i have been enjoying it , i have great success in it .

but last few days started having some real problem . all the time i am having to fight an enemy Midway who is  a) unicom  b) who has better ship coz its midway  c) he is in devision with des moins and minotaur .

why in the name of ***** do i have to deal vs them every single game . i almost neevr ever win a fighter duel , as i said he is better player , he is mush better fighters in midway , and he has that jackass minotaur who can kill my planes from his stupid smoke 9 km away in few secounds . 

by the way , why the f**** does Midway have 136 planes ; that is crap , why do i have to deal with someone in a ship that he has better AND more planes than me , there is no point in killing his planes he will never run out of them . while i have to stay without planes at the end of this game in screenshot  is it because i dont have 136 planes  ?

i am dealing  with unicoms in devisions of CV alot in general , and these guys in screenshot in perticulare ! do i have to not play the game while they are online ? its BS do soemthing  about it ,,,, and nerf the stupid Midway or hightway or whatever the f** its called or just buff Hakuryu ..

for gods sake listen to your players , i know you read these topics because you are so fast in giving worning points and deleat harsh words ; but do you actualy understand ?

shot-18.01.24_00.11.02-0798.jpg

• Cool 6

[XTREM]
Players
1,389 posts
9,606 battles

happens all the time to me as well... at first it is challenging then it is frustrating AF.

ive noticed that good clans abuse most of this, wont mention names tho...

• Cool 3

[B0TS]
Players
394 posts
9,626 battles
3 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

happens all the time to me as well... at first it is challenging then it is frustrating AF.

ive noticed that good clans abuse most of this, wont mention names tho...

thats true  , i have met them  a game before ,  enemy Midway completly crushed me , next game ( with is this one in svreenshot ) i have done my absolute best , i was realy carfull with my fighters , tring to kill his planes , i protected my DDs from his attack and killed thier DD ,  i was so close to kill his montana friend after a big attack and after i won a  fighter duel with my weaker planes . i even went for his  des moins once , but at the end they won and he killled me because i had no planes left for the last 3 - 4 min .

his ship is better  than my tier for tier and  he is clearry abusing the system  for farm win after win ...

[EST]
[EST]
Players
713 posts
17,682 battles
30 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

a) unicom  b) who has better ship coz its midway  c) he is in devision with des moins and minotaur .

I'm not CV player but,

a) practice makes perfect

b) IJN used to be better at least at mid tiers for long time

c) that's just a proper CV AS div

• Bad 2

[B0TS]
Players
394 posts
9,626 battles
1 minute ago, Profilus said:

I'm not CV player but,

a) practice makes perfect

b) IJN used to be better at least at mid tiers for long time

c) that's just a proper CV AS div

thnx for advice my friend but .

a) i have better avrage dmg in my hakuryu than king of teh sea  carrier player .

b) yes , and  a big reason he defeated me is just because his ship is superior .

c) yes he is better and his div is good but as i said in the comment earlier , if i was in a midway with 36 more planes i would have 100% won this game  .

• Cool 2

Players
3,495 posts
7,250 battles
3 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

i have better avrage dmg in my hakuryu than king of teh sea  carrier player .

Does that tell you anything?

Like, maybe, good CV play is about more than just dealing damage?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[B0TS]
Players
394 posts
9,626 battles
Just now, Capra76 said:

Does that tell you anything?

Like, maybe, good CV play is about more than just dealing damage?

it doesnt mean i am better than the kingof the see cv player but it means i have at least an idea what i am oing  and i know the basics ...

• Cool 1

Players
3,495 posts
7,250 battles
1 minute ago, wot_chikor said:

it doesnt mean i am better than the kingof the see cv player but it means i have at least an idea what i am oing  and i know the basics ...

Actually the fact you mention it indicates that you don't know what you are doing beyond the basics.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
713 posts
17,682 battles
29 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

thnx for advice my friend but .

a) i have better avrage dmg in my hakuryu than king of teh sea  carrier player .

b) yes , and  a big reason he defeated me is just because his ship is superior .

c) yes he is better and his div is good but as i said in the comment earlier , if i was in a midway with 36 more planes i would have 100% won this game  .

a) don't care if you don't win with that damage (edit: just lost game with last Yammy ramming enemy to get damage, we had 200 points lead and 20 sec to end)

b) don't play Haku if it's so bad

c) no you would have not(pretty sure), btw part of his superunicum stats is that div, gotta give you that.

[XTREM]
Players
1,389 posts
9,606 battles

I like this, someone point out what is going on with MM and CV+divison or something similar...

And suddenly people start bitching ba bla bla, practice makes perfect, damage is not telling anything ... exactly oposite. If you can not make good average damage it shows your LACK understanding of AA , ship positioning (grouping etc).... :Smile_trollface: legit troll..

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Players
3,188 posts
5,583 battles
12 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

I like this, someone point out what is going on with MM and CV+divison or something similar...

Ive already mentioned it some time before, but more as a sidenote:

CVs should probably not be in divisions at all.

The other option would be: No Divisions in Randoms and get some other option for ppl who want to play in teams (like Clanwars but not limited to own clan)

• Cool 2

Players
3,095 posts
5,418 battles

Completly agree with @wot_chikor and @Boris_MNE here. Those try-hard CV-Divisions are bad for the game. Ofc, "intelligent" ppl, that bring a CV in their Division, will pick ships, that have superb AA. And they will have their captains skilled for AA. They are looking for nothing else, then to find a loophole to gain the highest possible Winrate. We had this topic before many times, and many ppl dont want to hear it. The problem could only be overcome in twice ways: Mirrored mm for all ships, so that Des Moines would be matched by Des Moines and so on, or the harsh solution - set CVs allowed in Divisions to 0.

Now before this starts to escalate into another flamewar, where ppl are beeing accused of beeing CV-haters, CV-apologists or just have to "git gud" (those posts are already floating in, sigh) - it doesnt matter what stand you have on CVs. If you like em, hate em or dont care about them - divisioning like this is gamebreaking. Just look closly at the screen. The Montana is matched for a Kurfürst - we all know what Midway does with a Kurfürst, let alone talking about the AA difference. And how are the odds that Kurfürst is skilled for AA? Then the Des Moines. MM paired it against a Zao. You can see from the number of planes killed, kills & XP, how that Division dominated the game.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
713 posts
17,682 battles
10 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

And suddenly people start bitching ba bla bla, practice makes perfect, damage is not telling anything ... exactly oposite. If you can not make good average damage it shows your LACK understanding of AA , ship positioning (grouping etc).... :Smile_trollface: legit troll..

i assume it was to me. Last week i have been getting 3 DD div against me when playing solo. Didn't start topic saying how OP or whatever it is. Just adapted and i know i can make that div myself. I have been with DM and Mino in such div. It's just what you prefer to play at any given moment or if you decide to do it in div or not.

[NWP]
Players
3,188 posts
5,583 battles

Last week i have been getting 3 DD div against me when playing solo.

Big potential on being noobs anyway.

Just adapted and i know i can make that div myself.

Good for u? Not everyone can however, yet noone can escape the MM.

I have been with DM and Mino in such div. It's just what you prefer to play at any given moment or if you decide to do it in div or not.

Missing the Point id say...

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,389 posts
9,606 battles
Just now, Profilus said:

i assume it was to me. Last week i have been getting 3 DD div against me when playing solo. Didn't start topic saying how OP or whatever it is. Just adapted and i know i can make that div myself. I have been with DM and Mino in such div. It's just what you prefer to play at any given moment or if you decide to do it in div or not.

Cool, now just fix match making so triharders like you can face another triharders like cv+2 DM or Minos and problem solved.

Ez life, confortable gameplay for everyone. Dont you think so?

Also, do you know in how HUGE disadvantage i put MY team, by not having tryhard division like you do for example? Because , if you have any brain...sky should be yours.

Players
3,095 posts
5,418 battles
2 minutes ago, Profilus said:

Last week i have been getting 3 DD div against me when playing solo.

Im sorry but you are missing the point here. Its about CVs + heavy AA ships. Doesnt apply on your example. Also - 3 DD Divisions often suck. You can tell... cuz they picked 3 DDs....

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
151 posts
9,048 battles

Not deliberatly aiming to be devils advocate here but..... Because of the general salty nature of the player base. players like the 'anonymous div.' above, probably live with a semi-perminent chat ban for because reasons.

Playing in a div with team speak is probably the one way to co-ordinate some form of team play. While I freely admit I'd hate to come up against this sort of div. in the enemy side. I'd probably hate it more if it was forbidden. Hell of a punishment for being a good player that you're not allowd to play with friends (that also happen to be good). If they can't div. in top tier where could be concidered fair that they can they play together? 

Can't comment on if the ships used being OP as i don't have any of them. Would the OP have created this thread if there weren't ranked stats displayed in randoms?

Not sure if this thread is a veiled gripe at #carrierswithunfairsquadrons or unicum divs?

1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Although that is a good point at the mo.

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
713 posts
17,682 battles
7 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Cool, now just fix match making so triharders like you can face another triharders like cv+2 DM or Minos and problem solved.

Ez life, confortable gameplay for everyone. Dont you think so?

Also, do you know in how HUGE disadvantage i put MY team, by not having tryhard division like you do for example? Because , if you have any brain...sky should be yours.

Im not tryhard(but i do value win more than damage). im in that div when my divmate decides to play CV and as CV-s in my div ARE NOT super or any unicum i choose AA ship just to survive if my CV messes up something.

edit: btw i like your MM idea for div CV-s but that's not up to me

[NWP]
Players
3,188 posts
5,583 battles
8 minutes ago, Stixius said:

Hell of a punishment for being a good player that you're not allowd to play with friends (that also happen to be good). If they can't div. in top tier where could be concidered fair that they can they play together?

Only WG can change that. And not with some "wannabe" competetive Clanwars like the first season.

Just make open rooms where ppl can get together who wanna play in teams, and let them pick their tier also. Still possible to play Clan vs Clan if someone feels like it. Also not limiting it to 12v12 would be a start.

Ppl who wanna play like this usually are fine with longer waiting times - atleast thats how it was for us playing a FPS back in the days. Hang around, play a bit, chat/TS all the time, maybe killing the time till some serious Match.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,056 posts
13,767 battles

I personally won't strongly object to carriers being unable to division in randoms or at least a caveat that prevents matches where one team has a divisioned carrier and the other doesn't. It's something that is too easily abused. That said, this does come from a perspective of someone who is very much a loner in randoms. 

Players
3,095 posts
5,418 battles
3 minutes ago, Stixius said:

While I freely admit I'd hate to come up against this sort of div. in the enemy side. I'd probably hate it more if it was forbidden. Hell of a punishment for being a good player that you're not allowd to play with friends (that also happen to be good).

Right on the money and shows both sides of the coin. Maybe we just need a new gamemode. A real Random, where you cant bring divisions, and something for divisions only. I dont know if that would be supportable from the playerbase (we,, im sure, randoms without div would be, but the other...). I have to admit, that ive done Divisions with CV myself (only on lowtiers tho) and already 2 ppl are enough to raise your Winrate. It does feel dirty tho, thats why we usualy didnt bring a 3rd player and I havent done it in quite a while. You really feel bad sometimes... you spam HE on a target, to make him DCP, while the CV is waiting or vice versa. While this could be easily achieved with basic communications in every random game - it just isnt happening.

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,947 posts
13,449 battles

I actually like making divs like that cry.

And I tend to succeed.

That said I wouldn't particularly care if you remove CVs from divisions or apply some other form of restriction. Then again I'm primarily a solo player anyway.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
3,095 posts
5,418 battles
Just now, El2aZeR said:

I actually like making divs like that cry.

And I tend to succeed.

You dont count! You are not an avarage CV-/wows-Player - by a long shot! :Smile_teethhappy:(this is actually supposed to be a compliment, just saying^^)

4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Then again I'm primarily a solo player anyway.

Wanna change that? Ill bring Neptune/Moskva/Texas/Missouri -  hell I even have an Orion & Edinburgh with AA-build :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,296 posts
11,167 battles

So many great ideas in this thread :cap_wander_2:

Yes, ban CVs from divisions. Who wants to play with his friends anyway? This is not a multiplayer game, let everyone play alone.

Also mirror CV divisions. Everyone wants to wait 15 minutes for a match, right? Very comfortable.

/sarcasm :fish_palm:

Vor 6 Minuten, ForlornSailor sagte:

A real Random, where you cant bring divisions

Vor 21 Minuten, DFens_666 sagte:

The other option would be: No Divisions in Randoms and get some other option for ppl who want to play in teams (like Clanwars but not limited to own clan)

How about you go play Coop if you can't deal with this?

You won't get any divisions on the other side ;)

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1