Sign in to follow this  
MrConway

Public Test 0.7.1 - General Feedback

48 comments in this topic

Players
2,296 posts

Any reason why the consumables will not work on my mouse buttons....I have them set on my razer along with changing ammo type.....the ammo type is fine but consumables go to 'no key' once entering battle. 

Players
138 posts
6,237 battles

Any reasons for the Q/E changes? Dont think anyone has ever said that there is something wrong with them, personally its really annoying when playing any ship, and I use Q/E over A/D having suddenly pressing one of the keys twice to reset the stirring like it normally does it goes all the way to the other side? What's the point. 

• Cool 1

[THEC]
Players
70 posts
10,045 battles

- Whenever I use ctrl+X to lock guns on bearing, the ctrl mouse activation gets stuck until I press ctrl again. I certainly hope this is a bug, as it most certainly should not be a 'feature'.

- Rebinding keys for some things was/is malfunctioning, up to the degree that unbinding did nothing and rebinding other keys did little but reverting to default when I closed the settings properly.. I had to bind voice activation and torpedo reload to other keys before the client would realise I wanted to bind the consumable keys.

- Is there a reason the keybinding 'blocks' got shuffled around? It doesn't really change things but at the same time, it just seems like a needless change.

Players
326 posts

Hi WG

Bugs in this test servers play 0.7.1.0 that are more noticed at present. 

Bug 1: Key binding settings not working correctly and some key assignments not there.

One example in key settings the torpedoes assigned numbers should be keys are 3 - 4  you just have one as NUM2 and no spread key number.

Bug 2: Main buns fire without any input like they are acting as secondary weapons.

Bug 3: Ship rudder get stuck on random occasions with no steering at all.

So far these three are what i've and others in ingame chat players have noticed and at present need urgent attention.

[TRRC]
Players
479 posts

All Key Controls problems are in the Bug Forum and there are many...

I've set the Max graphics except for Foliage, and still working fine on my 970 4G.

As soon as you release all of the fixes for the key controls and interaction, I'll be able to say more on performance. Actually, thank to all of the Controls problems, it's quite hard to play even with low quality...

Like the Marsiglia Port, but I've not been able to set the free cam yet, to have a look around that it deserves.

By now, just played one battle with Alsace BB: nice ship, finally a long secondary armed BB that compete with Bismark and der Groebe.!

[LUSOS]
Players
6 posts
6,680 battles

Rudder control isnt working most of the times.

pressing Q and E simply doesnt move the ship quite often.

Players
206 posts
4,467 battles

Is double tapping "S"/"W" to make your ship go full retreat/full forward a new thing? I don't remember it being on live server, and honestly not very big fan of. 

Players
138 posts
6,237 battles

Not sure where to post this, but the IFHE wording is broken, when putting IFHE on the Aigle with its 139mm guns it removes 3% fire chance, but in the wording it only says it will be -3% on guns EXCEEDING 139mm, not including it. In addition, even if it is incorrectly worded, irl the guns were 138.6mm so it should get the -1%. IFHE is very important for the dps of this ship, as it allows the guns to pen 25mm. Please fix your broken UI.

[MDF]
Beta Tester
149 posts
9,242 battles

I don't know if anybody noticed, but WG removed the "press m to look over islands" "feature". if you press m the zoomout starts from a much farther position disabling the possibility to look over Islands. I acknowledge that you want to remove this "bugabuse" to make the game for less informed players easier, but that is something you COULD have announced. But well if you do it like the division window behind players backs you can't blame us for being salty. 
I liked it to enhance the game for skilled players but well

• Cool 1

[RNG]
[RNG]
Supertester
12 posts
12,702 battles
On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, VeryHonarbrah said:

Any reasons for the Q/E changes? Dont think anyone has ever said that there is something wrong with them, personally its really annoying when playing any ship, and I use Q/E over A/D having suddenly pressing one of the keys twice to reset the stirring like it normally does it goes all the way to the other side? What's the point. 

This also happens for the throttle control. I like to make fine adjustments to my speed, and I'm constantly finding I'm full reverse instead of half or quarter ahead. I hope it gets removed or they add a toggle to switch this off.

• Cool 1

[B-B-C]
Players
14 posts
5,061 battles

The Revolutionary camo does not look good on long thin ships like the mogami, but looks perfectly fine on say an izumo.

Looks best on short ships or destroyers.

Oh and IDS_NO_CURRENT_PRIVATETASKSANDCHALLENGES and whatever the other short version is for the overview seems to miss a proper string.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,665 posts
8,340 battles

Controls

What the [expletive] is happening with the controls?

I got my behind handed to me in my first game because none of the controls worked as I expected them to.

I did not expect any changes to my settings.
Even worse, trying to set them up as I had them before doesn't work.

I can't even use the '3' key, as that one is reserved somehow, while '1', '2' and '4' are not.

Is this a mistake or a feature?

In any case I don't give an [expletive] what some developer thinks is the most useful layout of my keys, if there is anything I want to be able to control, it is how I assign my keys.

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

Give us more freedom to assign keys, not less, and don't force us to reassign keys between updates for no apparent reason.

Nothing is more frustrating than accidentally doing something you never intended to do, or having to hunt for the right key to do something while engaged in combat.

Alsace mission

I also think it is really unclear what you need to do to get the Alsace, it should be straightforward.

And why can't I see the French battleships in the tech tree yet?
The game showed a WG icon for the tech tree, but if anything I see fewer ships, not more.

Since this is one of the main points of the update, it deserves a bit more attention.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,665 posts
8,340 battles

Controls

Still trying to get my controls back the way they were.

I assigned 'F1' to consumable 1.

When I press 'F1', I end up getting the 'help' screen, giving me information that I am already very familiar with.

My repair did not start.

My ship happily burnt to a crisp, my damage control crews taking a nice, long break before jumping off the wreck.

How is this even possible?
Who slipped this into this update and why?

Someone in game also pointed out that pressing 'A' or 'D' twice in a row now locks the ship in a turn.
What?
You think the most popular ship in this game is either HMS Warspite or Bismarck?

Is there anyone who finds such a 'feature' useful?

"Oh, I am too lazy to keep pressing 'A' or 'D' when executing a turn, just let me double-tap it so I can grab more cheetos?" - some American player probably..

I think more people are going to be annoyed when they end up in an unwanted turn by accident.

Again, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!

[RNSF]
Players
2 posts
6,125 battles

glitching

hi there i have a big problem on the P.T sever

ever match i play in the gun`s and the torps will fire 

by themselves and i seem helpless to do anything 

any help would by grate full

plus the fire keys have change and they keep changing 

but wont let me change them

Players
2,196 posts
14,142 battles
15 hours ago, TheCinC said:

Controls

...don't force us to reassign keys between updates for no apparent reason.

Nothing is more frustrating than accidentally doing something you never intended to do, or having to hunt for the right key to do something while engaged in combat...

:Smile_great:

[AONO]
[AONO]
Players
35 posts
15,180 battles

fast M key behind the island view trick is blocked now by Wargaming as well.

unknown.png

[SCRUB]
Players
1,915 posts

In short... Controls Assignment... Like seriously... How hard it is to implement code that doesn't allow to assign the same key twice? You can assign F1 to whatever, but it stills shows "help" screen, unless at the same time you change F1/Help assisgnment to different key (F12 ex). Unless you do that F1 new assignment doesn't work. @TheCinC

And it is impossible to clear F1/Help assignment...

Also... WTF have you done with WASD controls?!

Players
2,204 posts
6,162 battles
1 hour ago, Skyllon said:

In short... Controls Assignment... Like seriously... How hard it is to implement code that doesn't allow to assign the same key twice? You can assign F1 to whatever, but it stills shows "help" screen, unless at the same time you change F1/Help assisgnment to different key (F12 ex). Unless you do that F1 new assignment doesn't work. @TheCinC

And it is impossible to clear F1/Help assignment...

Also... WTF have you done with WASD controls?!

I actually really dislike not being able to assign a key twice and I would dislike such a 'feature' from being inplemented into the game.

If F1 is assigned to something else and it bothers you, then why assign to F1? Theres plenty keys to go around?

The WASD and other control problems during battle is very annoying though, especially the stuff that changes spontaneously.

Beta Tester
10 posts
8,367 battles

I have encountered the two following bugs while playing the Open Beta Test for the French battleships in World of Warships.

In the in-game picture attached, you can see that the rear main armament turret of the battleship Alsace is clipping through the hull itself.

In the menu picture attached, the description of the picture includes, in the fourth line from the bottom, the typo "Reichelieu" instead of Richelieu. This typo is particularly amusing, for obvious reasons, but I daresay that in 1944, this beautiful battleship was definitely no Reich anymore. :-)

shot-18.01.26_19.50.23-0837.jpg

shot-18.01.26_19.58.40-0321.jpg

Players
88 posts
5,324 battles
On 2018. 01. 27. at 3:20 PM, TheCinC said:

Someone in game also pointed out that pressing 'A' or 'D' twice in a row now locks the ship in a turn.

heh? this thing was annoying in unreal tournament 3, except it made a jump to the side....
so this is actually not a bug but an "improovment"? well its annoying as hell :)

other just my opinion, but the main guns and the secondarys getting destroyed too easy (with durability upgrade too),  like i need to choose to have a bit stronger secondary or main guns, secondarys are getting destroyed way too easy compared to the bismarck or other german bbs and those dual 10cm guns give the main AA power of this ship, while the main gun armouring is better than any bb in the game except yamato/izumo/amagi they get disabled or destroyed more often, especially the one on the superfiring position, probably some wierd balancing thing but other than that i like the ship

Spoiler

shot-18_01.28_21_01.30-0603.thumb.jpg.1d79c80fc396d115e92a35ee9dcc7fe4.jpg

[SCRUB]
Players
1,915 posts
11 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I actually really dislike not being able to assign a key twice and I would dislike such a 'feature' from being inplemented into the game.

If F1 is assigned to something else and it bothers you, then why assign to F1? Theres plenty keys to go around?

Oh, yeah... Why bother with key assignments at all? I mean, everything important has been already assigned to certain keys, so let's just remove entire feature...

Not sure if you are trolling or didn't understand what I wrote.

If one can bind same key with more then one function, programme should warn you about that. It is well established practice. And if it is possible to remove its default assignment it should stay removed after doing so. If it doesn't happen it means it is a bug. Although it might 'WORKING AS INTENDED'TM, who knows.

I must ask you though, which multiple commands you have binded under one key?

Sign in to follow this