Jump to content

68 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,049 posts
2,170 battles

Dear captains,

 

Please share all bugs encountered in the public test of version 0.7.0 below, using the following template:

 

1. Description

Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

 
2. Reproduction steps

A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

 
3. Result

In-game experience resulting from the bug.
Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

 
4. Expected result

In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

 
5. Technical details
Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag.
 

If you encounter this error, please zip your ~\crashes\ folder, upload it to any online file storage and add the link to your report.

 

565152Sanstitre.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SOR]
Players
293 posts

CTRL+X (locking gun turret positioning) isn't working at all.. and needs to be fixed!
When pressing CTRL+X, the cursor is always displayed in-game and you are unable to play.
Only way to temp fix it, is to exit the game and launch it again without using CTRL+X function.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
140 posts
6,511 battles

0.7.1.0 public test

 

1.

In 2 battles (z-23) rudder freezes hard over without incapitating damage sustained and last-stand skill on captain.

 

2.

When Using Q and E keys to manever (like i've always done) the rudder suddenly jams, and only by using A and D keys am I able to return the rudder to neutral, but removing fingers from A or D will cause the rudder to return to hard over.

Using Q and E has no effect in trying to fix it.

 

3.

Ship's rudder locked to hard over making it sail in circles

 

4.

for example: Using Q key to make left turn and then E to return the ships steering to neutral

 

(dont know if raw replay files are any help, but i'm putting them on aswell)

 

20180125_175700_PGSD108-Z-23_15_NE_north.wowsreplay

20180125_173830_PGSD108-Z-23_28_naval_mission.wowsreplay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SAO-]
Players
4 posts
2,503 battles

I think i found a bug with the rudder.

1. Played as Montana and Yamato and Lexi, so it might be for all ships
2.-4. Whenever i press "Q"/"E" twice fast, after the rudder is maxed for right/left, it shifts to the other direction (left->right, right->left) and locks there (effect is the same if i press "Q" four times; locked from maxed right to maxed left). The same thing occures for the "speed". Press w twice and you go to full speed. press s twice and you go reverse

5. no crashes. The rudder is not stuck like discribed before (if i tap a or d the rudder shifts back to neutral)

I hope this post is understandable, my english is not that good. Sorry for that. If there are questions, feel free to contact me.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10 posts
3,613 battles

two bugs :

 

- <escape> for zoom camera dont work

- autofire on all guns sometime...

Edited by ladautt
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
140 posts
6,511 battles

0.7.1.0 public test

 

@MrConway

another two bugs, one annoying but not serious and the other much much more serious:

 

Firts:

1. Using ctrl X to lock armament into place causes the camera to bug out and cursor to pop up in middle of the screen.

 

2. to replicate just press Ctrl X in battle, armament will be locked normally but you need to press Ctrl to remove the cursor and allow the camera to rotate normally

 

........

 

Second bug:

 

1.Unable to return to port or selecting another battle

 

2-3.After the battle unable to return to port by pressing ''return to port'' or even going to another battle via ''battle on''

Yet I'm able to switch between all the different after action info pages, i'm simply unable to move on from it. currently as i'm writing this game is still refusing to return to port (about 10min of waiting and klicking ''return to port'')

shot-18_01.25_22_29.12-0408.thumb.jpg.7d3c66e4f879cf46822a8f7aef8993a1.jpgshot-18_01.25_22_33.35-0616.thumb.jpg.43b46a10e2fac9a03a7ab633dab397bd.jpgshot-18_01.25_22_43.24-0484.thumb.jpg.899deec9d4edca4825a56ec1710c4c70.jpg

4. Expect that by pressing ''return to port'' I would actually be able to get there

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
12 posts
2,383 battles

1. The game freezes in the last result wiew window. You cannot go back to port via the button or ESC-key or by clicking ESC in the top right corner. You cannot Battle on either.

2. Play random battle and win (do not know if it is the same if you loose (but I will certainly get to know it).

See previous report, second bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
49 posts
17,999 battles

All the ship's movement or firing commands react abnormally.

 

 

By pressing the fire button, the cannons fire late or do not shoot at all.
If you hold down the fire button you will feel that something is wrong with the continuous firing rhythm. (
tested with the fast guns of the Akizuki)
Sometimes if you release the fire button, the cannons keep firing on their own.

I with the movement keys of the ship it seems that there are similar problems, the ships respond to commands very slowly or do not answer at all.

The destroyers react awkwardly like a battleship!


There seems to be some problem in the keystroke buffer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
326 posts

Hi WG

 

Bugs in this test servers play 0.7.1.0 that are more noticed at present. 

 

Bug 1: Key binding settings not working correctly and some key assignments not there.

One example in key settings the torpedoes assigned numbers should be keys are 3 - 4  you just have one as NUM2 and no spread key number.

 

Bug 2: Main buns fire without any input like they are acting as secondary weapons.

 

Bug 3: Ship rudder get stuck on random occasions with no steering at all.

 

So far these three are what i've and others in ingame chat players have noticed and at present need urgent attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
297 posts
11,702 battles

If these new "controls" reach the live server it's GG for me and this game. It's currently unplayable on PTS for me, while for others it's working somewhat fine or fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRRC]
Players
479 posts
6 hours ago, PhantomSailor said:

CTRL+X (locking gun turret positioning) isn't working at all.. and needs to be fixed!
When pressing CTRL+X, the cursor is always displayed in-game and you are unable to play.
Only way to temp fix it, is to exit the game and launch it again without using CTRL+X function.

Confirm, unplayable until you understand that u have to press ctrl again... no way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
78 posts
3,865 battles

 

I also had problems randomly that the guns fires as soon as they are loaded without input.

 

Also have problems setting maximum graphic setting. It tells me I have to restart the program and after restarting it is set to custom. Change to maximum again same issue, after three times it worked but then it changed sound from ultra to high. Selecting ultra and it tells me to restart the game again and after restart graphics is back to custom but sound is set to ultra. I have a nvidia gtx 970. Have not had any performance issues with sound or graphics before or in this PTS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRRC]
Players
479 posts
2 hours ago, Silver_Leviathan said:

All the ship's movement or firing commands react abnormally.

 

 

By pressing the fire button, the cannons fire late or do not shoot at all.
If you hold down the fire button you will feel that something is wrong with the continuous firing rhythm. (
tested with the fast guns of the Akizuki)
Sometimes if you release the fire button, the cannons keep firing on their own.

I with the movement keys of the ship it seems that there are similar problems, the ships respond to commands very slowly or do not answer at all.

The destroyers react awkwardly like a battleship!


There seems to be some problem in the keystroke buffer. 

 

1 hour ago, SomeoneYouKnow2 said:

If these new "controls" reach the live server it's GG for me and this game. It's currently unplayable on PTS for me, while for others it's working somewhat fine or fine.

 

I posted about Control Settings on the Current Release Forum as the PT was still closed this afternoon.

Please set them back as the old order version I mean 0.7.0 and don't touch it anymore! Thanks!

 

There is a real problem, the Control settings Keyboard I mean, are resetted at every launch of the Client, so I started second time sure that it was keeping my set up, instead in the Battle my Bismark crashed into an island and couldn't move, until I had time to go back to Settings and RE SET all my personal controls...

 

Problems as above mentioned in the interaction, delay of reaction, don't know exactly but it seems the interface kwyboard-mouse as something wrong.

 

Update: Forgetting about the use of Control X to select a Target... It didn't select any unless you precisely click on the name of the ship... It can't work like that, sometimes you are in a middle of the fight and u need to quick select a ship for secondary and you can waste time to select precisely!

It seem the same story when an year ago you changed the way you were selecting ship playing a CV, it became more difficult to select and easily miss target...

Edited by RedAnark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRRC]
Players
479 posts

CVUNPLAYABLE! At least the US one Essex.

 

I gave her a path but didn't care, it started to turn into a circle beacuse the rudder was all right, no matter selectin the CV giving a path...!in the Minimap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICA]
Players
168 posts
18,434 battles

0.7.1.0 public test, played several hours

I have used one DD, few cruisers and few battleships :

  • direction keys sometimes act weird, I push right, for example (key "D") - ship stops completely, like someone gave the command "full reverse" (by pressing continuously the "S" key when you're full speed)
  • this is happening at the beginning of almost every battle: cursor is most of the time enabled, can't shoot, can't use the camera, can't go at the edge of maximum view/shoot range, unless the cursor hits the margins of the game screen, as you may do in a strategy game, can't use right mouse button for camera (again).  I have found a workaround for that, moving the cursor and clicking left button  once on the other type of shell (while pressing CTRL key), this released the commands, cursor disappeared and finally I was able to shoot and move camera. I haven't used British cruisers in this public test, but I guess those who have this problem can try clicking once on torps or a consumable. Also, it seems that pointing on a water level target (to have secondaries focused on it) is not easy. Usually you have to point somewhere-anywhere in target's icon/image, but here it seems that the only place reacting is the bottom of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
326 posts

Hi WG & All.

 

This new tester as i'm aware was for the introduction of New French ships if so why was key binding changed, why was rudder control mechanics changed, and why was Aim/Gun fire changed to keep firing like on auto fire this become dangerous when near friendly they get a paddling.

 

All these errors should have not in any way been changed these issues were not added when you introduced new ships in previous testers why now didn't the Dev's wake up and get their coffee to smell.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,296 posts

as above...key bindings are not working. Being left handed I change quite a few key binds and even after changing them I go into battle and the bindings I set go missing leaving repair, smoke etc with no key binding...impossible to play for me. If this gets into the game like this I am off....useless. Why do you have to mess with stuff that works perfectly?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,223 posts
6,193 battles

I've also noticed odd behavior with the CTRL+X keys, but it's explained above already.

 

Just noticed an odd bug after having died before the end of the battle and returning to the harbor.

The harbor GUI seems to be missing, it's as if my ships and the carousel fails to load.

 

I made screenshots of these only options available. I disconnected from server and relogged, but that didn't fix this.

I presume my New Orleans is still in battle.

 

I expected to return to my harbor without the harbor GUI missing.

 

edit: My New Orleans just got out of battle and the ship is back in my harbor, but I still can't actually do anything like selecting another ship or go to anything that requires the menu at the top of the window to be present.

Completely exiting the game and reentering fixes it.

shot-18.01.26_13.00.23-0435.jpg

shot-18.01.26_13.05.30-0003.jpg

shot-18.01.26_13.05.33-0368.jpg

shot-18.01.26_13.05.40-0706.jpg

shot-18.01.26_13.09.24-0835.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AXIS]
Players
6 posts
6,122 battles
16 hours ago, aleksi111 said:

0.7.1.0 public test

 

@MrConway

another two bugs, one annoying but not serious and the other much much more serious:

 

Firts:

1. Using ctrl X to lock armament into place causes the camera to bug out and cursor to pop up in middle of the screen.

 

2. to replicate just press Ctrl X in battle, armament will be locked normally but you need to press Ctrl to remove the cursor and allow the camera to rotate normally

 

........

 

Second bug:

 

1.Unable to return to port or selecting another battle

 

2-3.After the battle unable to return to port by pressing ''return to port'' or even going to another battle via ''battle on''

Yet I'm able to switch between all the different after action info pages, i'm simply unable to move on from it. currently as i'm writing this game is still refusing to return to port (about 10min of waiting and klicking ''return to port'')

shot-18_01.25_22_29.12-0408.thumb.jpg.7d3c66e4f879cf46822a8f7aef8993a1.jpgshot-18_01.25_22_33.35-0616.thumb.jpg.43b46a10e2fac9a03a7ab633dab397bd.jpgshot-18_01.25_22_43.24-0484.thumb.jpg.899deec9d4edca4825a56ec1710c4c70.jpg

4. Expect that by pressing ''return to port'' I would actually be able to get there

I have experienced this exact error two games in a row now... the only solution is to shut down the game and restart it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,235 posts
11,449 battles

Dear captains!

 

Thanks for all of your reports here!

 

Not all sailing is smooth and as you have probably noticed, we are having some issues with our public test currently. We hope you can give us some leeway, as we are in the middle of servers move to a new office location, so the fixes can only be implemented in the beginning of next week.

 

On the positive side, one of the Public test’s purposes – is to make the bugs and errors known to the development team before the update itself is released, and in this case many of those turned up, and we will deal with them accordingly.

We apologize if this makes your weekend less naval than planned and thank you for your understanding.

 

Seven feet under the keel to all the captains and see you soon in World of Warships!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
140 posts
6,511 battles

yet another rudder bug  (or intendent change that I find annoying)

 

1. When using Q and E key to turn the rudder it over-steers to opposite side if return to neutral is done too fast

 

2-3. For example: pressing Q twice in rapid succession to engage hard left and then douple-tapping E to return the rudder to neutral causes it to engage hard right if you douple-tap too fast.

Don't know if this is a bug per-se or just intendent change but it's bloody annoying when throwing the rudder around to dodge and weave.....

 

4. pressing E twice to engage hard right and then Q twice in rapid space to return to neutral.

 

.....

 

ps.

About that rudder hard-lock that I've reported earlier, got it another 4 times today, 2 times I managed to reset it by pressing E and D at the same time, while on the other 2 times nothing helped, only managed to force a neutral steering by pressing A or D keys, and rudder returned to hard-over when I stopped using A or D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PJ-UK]
[PJ-UK]
Players
5 posts
5,697 battles

the rudder lock for no reason is on every game and it is getting to the point I will stop playing until it is solved  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VC]
Weekend Tester
114 posts
10,158 battles
On 25.1.2018 at 5:23 PM, aleksi111 said:

0.7.1.0 public test

 

1.

In 2 battles (z-23) rudder freezes hard over without incapitating damage sustained and last-stand skill on captain.

 

2.

When Using Q and E keys to manever (like i've always done) the rudder suddenly jams, and only by using A and D keys am I able to return the rudder to neutral, but removing fingers from A or D will cause the rudder to return to hard over.

Using Q and E has no effect in trying to fix it.

 

3.

Ship's rudder locked to hard over making it sail in circles

 

4.

for example: Using Q key to make left turn and then E to return the ships steering to neutral

 

 

21 hours ago, aleksi111 said:

0.7.1.0 public test

 

....

 

2. to replicate just press Ctrl X in battle, armament will be locked normally but you need to press Ctrl to remove the cursor and allow the camera to rotate normally

 

 

Can confim both bugs. Rudder bug is not limited to any ship, just got it playing an Iowa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×