MrConway

New Map: Sleeping Giant

7 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,693 posts
2,642 battles

Please leave your feedback regarding the new "Sleeping Giant" map here.

Players
891 posts
2,506 battles

Hmm ... so a reworked Hotspot map, by the looks of it, you just created Tears of the Desert Mk II. I hope I am wrong in this.

Players
3,965 posts
8,716 battles

Played it a couple times and the gameplay is quite unique..which I think it a good thing.

I don't know what to really make of it, there seems to be a bit little shelter.

Perhaps add some islands around C2 and H2 maybe?

The connection between A and B seems to be good, but there is little cover around B. I would like to play a few more rounds but the test server wassn't cooperating with the controls so I left it for now :Smile_hiding:

I tried to upload a screenshot of the map with my suggested sites pinged but it threw some error so this will have to do.

Quality Poster
1,676 posts
8,740 battles

Never seen as much camping as on this map.

BBs and cruisers sit well outside of the caps, basically patrol on a line in front the caps and preferably at A and C, so support at B doesn't happen.

C also attracts people for some reason, despite being a death trap, leaving fewer players to support the team at A and B. What is the point of a cap with so few options for entrance and exit? Especially with radar and hydro everywhere?

[O_PC]
[O_PC]
Players
532 posts
18,266 battles

Hm, they opened up B on "Trap" and now did the same closed thing at A in "Sleeping Giant". Why not even a very small passage for small ships to slip through, very narrow channel-like with steep walls? Maybe at 11 o'clock (North side) and 7 o'clock at south side of A?

[RDB2]
Players
17 posts
5,900 battles

The only thing that worries me is that the BBs will most likely face of at long range, in the cap c area, and long range because of DDs.

Sign in to follow this