Sign in to follow this  
MrConway

New Map: Sleeping Giant

7 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,049 posts
2,170 battles

Please leave your feedback regarding the new "Sleeping Giant" map here.

[ALYEN]
Players
619 posts
2,205 battles

Hmm ... so a reworked Hotspot map, by the looks of it, you just created Tears of the Desert Mk II. I hope I am wrong in this.

Players
2,228 posts
6,193 battles

Played it a couple times and the gameplay is quite unique..which I think it a good thing.

I don't know what to really make of it, there seems to be a bit little shelter.

Perhaps add some islands around C2 and H2 maybe?

The connection between A and B seems to be good, but there is little cover around B. I would like to play a few more rounds but the test server wassn't cooperating with the controls so I left it for now :Smile_hiding:

I tried to upload a screenshot of the map with my suggested sites pinged but it threw some error so this will have to do.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,665 posts
8,360 battles

Never seen as much camping as on this map.

BBs and cruisers sit well outside of the caps, basically patrol on a line in front the caps and preferably at A and C, so support at B doesn't happen.

C also attracts people for some reason, despite being a death trap, leaving fewer players to support the team at A and B. What is the point of a cap with so few options for entrance and exit? Especially with radar and hydro everywhere?

[O_PC]
[O_PC]
Players
340 posts
15,058 battles

Hm, they opened up B on "Trap" and now did the same closed thing at A in "Sleeping Giant". Why not even a very small passage for small ships to slip through, very narrow channel-like with steep walls? Maybe at 11 o'clock (North side) and 7 o'clock at south side of A?

[RF]
[RF]
Players
17 posts
3,959 battles

The only thing that worries me is that the BBs will most likely face of at long range, in the cap c area, and long range because of DDs.

Sign in to follow this