Naval Tour contest - Wrong ingame notification

28 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,235 posts
11,449 battles

Dear players,

Unfortunately, due to an internal system glitch, many players got a wrong notification about winning our Naval Tour WoWs contest. The winners for the Laptops are:
- pingpong01
- Ramsauer73

All winners of this contest are listed here: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/the-grand-naval-tour/

We apologize for this mistake and any inconvenience caused by this. Sorry for the mistake.

Your World of Warships EU Team

• Funny 3
  • Bad 5
  • Angry 1

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
398 posts
21,412 battles

Dont be sorry, sent us laptops....

• Cool 4
  • Funny 5

[-HUN-]
Players
690 posts
7,941 battles

So nice after how most of the players were originally excluded from winning it. WG EU hasn't got better since last year, just changed.

[CR-S]
Players
335 posts
17,932 battles

Ok, whatever :Smile_smile:. Was short of a heartattack, but now i am fine. Still wouldn´t mind a new Laptop :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,461 posts

:cap_fainting:

I knew it couldn't be correct when I recieved that message.

That would have been a very good April fools joke.

[T-N-T]
Players
873 posts
3,809 battles

Well done. One glitch after another. Seems, Stronk Russian Programmink l. Where made comrands mistake?

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,235 posts
11,449 battles
8 minutes ago, drmajga said:

Ok, whatever :Smile_smile:. Was short of a heartattack, but now i am fine. Still wouldn´t mind a new Laptop :Smile_teethhappy:

I guess most of us wouldn't either. We're very sorry about this, this was clearly not our intention to send it out to the wrong players.

Greetings, Crysantos

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,016 posts

In Dutch we have a saying for this: "Iemand blij maken met een dode mus".

It's literal translation would be "To make somebody happy with a dead sparrow" :Smile_teethhappy:

It means as much as "promise somebody something great, which in the end turns out be be worthless or even nothing".

I don't think I will live long enough to see you guys host an event or giveaway without a f*ckup :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,246 posts
7,260 battles

A very good example of "small mistake severe result".

This will raise the salt level to 9000 considering the very let's say controversial requirements to enter the competition.

I take it lightly and think it is funny though and don't mind, but this could be because i was able to participate (and already knew i didn't win because i checked preemptively). :cap_haloween:

[-BR-]
Players
18 posts
2,603 battles

maybe another system message owning up to the screw up would be better.. not so many of us bother with forums

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Players
15 posts
7,217 battles
24 minutes ago, drmajga said:

No S*** Better change the batteries in the old pacemaker.. ;)

[IDDQD]
Players
1,653 posts
15,469 battles

after removing majority of EU countries from this contest...because of some local hazard rules or whatever was excuse...and after selling tons of x-mass presents which are okay, because its not like hazard :cap_yes:

I hope that some good lawer will pick this case and earn laptops for everyone who got this message. I will be then laughing for rest of my life  :cap_haloween:

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,909 posts
25,215 battles

@Crysantos

What about the freeze ups and kicked at launch of battles problems, when will all that be fixed?

[SCRUB]
Players
7,154 posts
9,305 battles

You know, I don't need a laptop.

I'd settle for the game running stable.

• Cool 1

Players
6 posts
2,987 battles

Now you can make another glitch in the system and send some premium time or super containers, ffs my heart stopped when I saw that message...

[DGH-W]
[DGH-W]
Players
26 posts
9,557 battles

f*ck... I never win anything.... now I thought I finally won something of value.... but no... :( :( :(

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
210 posts
8,705 battles

Give everyone that got the message by mistake a day premium or so (I didn't participate). No skin of WG's back and everyone's happy. :)

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,461 posts
1 hour ago, Kysmet said:

Give everyone that got the message by mistake a day premium or so (I didn't participate). No skin of WG's back and everyone's happy. :)

According to Sehales on the german forums everyone who recieved the message should by now have recieved a second one with an apology. In addition to that second message five rare premium camos have been added to the affected accounts.

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,950 posts
6,915 battles
28 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

According to Sehales on the german forums everyone who recieved the message should by now have recieved a second one with an apology. In addition to that second message five rare premium camos have been added to the affected accounts.

Can confirm this.

Spoiler

anteeksi_siita.thumb.jpg.b2a18fad64826f3e13fd2c4c246138da.jpg

Wonder what that camo name means?

• Cool 1

[-TNP-]
Players
12 posts
6,881 battles

Just want to say thanks for the camo's after that glitch yesterday.  Never expected something like and it's great to see WG giving us something as a sorry. thats great customer service (laptop would of been excellent customer service though :Smile-_tongue:)

• Cool 2

Players
2,230 posts
6,204 battles
12 hours ago, WolfGewehr said:

Can confirm this.

Hide contents

anteeksi_siita.thumb.jpg.b2a18fad64826f3e13fd2c4c246138da.jpg

Wonder what that camo name means?

Same. I got this exact message and the 5 camos. The camos look very nice! :Smile_great:

Might be Orange Is The New Black, would kinda make sense?

It looks like this on my Cleveland.

OITNB camo Cleveland.jpg

• Cool 2

Players
3 posts
1,805 battles

It happent to me to,i got notice about winning laptop,i still have screen of it,and then big big dissapointment,another message that tell u that u wont get laptop ! ok i was ok with it,but im not ok what they give me for it,5 shity camo that didnt give nothing special and 1 000 000 credits in game ( whic is nothing,nothing at all,i would be more happy and more reasonoble just to say we are sorry then give u 5 shity camo and million credit compare to laptop ( cca 1500 euros ) in any case i deleted my game from pc coz i just have enough of dissapering ships on 8km and not fair maps ( few maps are not fair to both teams,one team have big advantege coz of islands in cap zone whic can help alot ) and insteed of fixing it,u give me coupon if I want to spend another 30e on you guys,good job