Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boris_MNE

[Request] Disable emblems/patches

21 comments in this topic

Players
1,392 posts
9,618 battles

Yo WG,

Could you let us to disable Patches/emblems like you made it with horns?

When I die, i usually want to see some usefull thing what could help my teammate, not big giant emblem from person who killed me. Like I care seriously.

This feature already exist in mod packs, but I do not use them..

Thanks

@MrConway @Sub_Octavian 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[NED]
Players
4,087 posts
11,208 battles

I agree. Still haven't seen them, cause I modded them out. As much as I can understand people highly aprreciate the emblems I couldn't care less about them. So a disable function would make perfectly sense.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
671 posts
4,743 battles

Personally I quite like them, but I agree that there should be the ability to disable them, just like I have with that questionable and distasteful HSF nonsense.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
593 posts
11,054 battles

Well.. at least you get the opportunity to annoy other players as much as they are able to annoy you. Personally I would be pissed if I see a giant dangling sloth after I die so that's what I chose. Still I wouldn't be sad one bit if they were removed. Wouldn't clan emblems or something be more useful? 

Also, was that really a priority? CV UI improvements? New lines? Naaaaaaah,  emblems! 

• Funny 2

Weekend Tester
532 posts
4,938 battles

Aslain's mod-pack has a mod that switches them off (they're called "dog tags" by the mod author).

Players
1,392 posts
9,618 battles
Just now, cracktrackflak said:

Aslain's mod-pack has a mod that switches them off (they're called "dog tags" by the mod author).

Just implement them in game and problem solved.

I am not using aslain mod pack anymore... you never know what WG could pull off to be bannable but that is another story.  :Smile_trollface:

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,600 posts
5,533 battles

I dont mind the emblems too much, they look quite nice, and at least makes you go "oh ok I got killed by a very good CV player". The patches however dont look nice, and since they dont have any achievement attached its just a random cartoon squirrel popping up on my screen when I die.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,289 posts
14,361 battles
6 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Just implement them in game and problem solved.

I am not using aslain mod pack anymore... you never know what WG could pull off to be bannable but that is another story.  :Smile_trollface:

I think Wargaming should say No Mods at all.. But that's me. Yes I play Vanila on all WG products

Aslains Mods are to big in Wargaming the chap has been around for years. If Wargaming had issues with his mods they would contact him. If they wanted to ban Aslains Mods I think you can be pretty sure there would be an announcement on the portal and the forum and maybe even in game. 

As for the emblems Im not rely bothered by them.. But being able to turn them of..Yes that could be a good idea

• Bad 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,656 posts
9,231 battles
5 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

I dont mind the emblems too much, they look quite nice, and at least makes you go "oh ok I got killed by a very good CV player". The patches however dont look nice, and since they dont have any achievement attached its just a random cartoon squirrel popping up on my screen when I die.

It looks tryhard when someone with the username "xXxBismarckBattleShipxXx" has a dragon emblem.
You can't help but roll your eyes.

Some of them are contextually amusing, like the racoon handling a sea mine.
I can't help but have a chuckle when I imagine some poor guy I killed with torpedoes seeing a dumbstruck looking racoon appearing to hand said player a sea mine. :cap_haloween:

GBtdl2U.gif

[OSC]
Players
2,728 posts
10,156 battles
3 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

It looks tryhard when someone with the username "xXxBismarckBattleShipxXx" has a dragon emblem.

Thats why I have a purple unicorn *wink wink*

Players
113 posts
9,162 battles
4 hours ago, T0byJug said:

I think Wargaming should say No Mods at all.. But that's me. Yes I play Vanila on all WG products

Aslains Mods are to big in Wargaming the chap has been around for years. If Wargaming had issues with his mods they would contact him. If they wanted to ban Aslains Mods I think you can be pretty sure there would be an announcement on the portal and the forum and maybe even in game. 

As for the emblems Im not rely bothered by them.. But being able to turn them of..Yes that could be a good idea

First of all, barely any of mods included in ASLAIN'S MODPACKS are Aslain's mods. He just compiles them from all different sources, and as far as I have seen in WoT and WoWS has also went through effort to make sure they are not blacklisted by WG - and even mentioned a few that were banned on other regions if I am not mistaken. 
You however, DO NOT USE mods, so you want others to be denied quality of life improvements. What a joy you are. I can't imagine having the gimped and half-arsed carousel/filter/tech tree vanilla options. Some mods remove the garbage glare that give you headache during matches on certain maps. HEADACHE, not giving you advantage over other players. HEADACHE.

You know that smoke counter? It was in mods first. Most upgrades that you do see in game come after months and years of people investing their time and effort (for free) into improving game and only getting acknowledged by WG when they actually include the mods into base client (without actually acknowledging the modding community, but everyone - or most of us knowing who it was that really developed the feature). 

Some of those mods are the ones that allow you to remove the ugly and over-the-top patches. Sure, include the patch/emblem (once people start earning emblems - they actually look really nice), as an additional thing to see next to player name, not as a huge IN YOUR FACE OVER HALF THE SCREEN thing. Which is just another boring smudge in the eyes after seeing most of them a few times and nothing else.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,246 posts
7,277 battles
6 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

I hate the patches/emblems AND the horns, yet i can't silence one of them....

The patches get boring fast after you've seen them all and stay for too long so it becomes annoying.

I am all for customization and individuality (maybe do the same idea but just on the ships or when you hover over the name?) but this feature as it is now would be a good riddance. Just like the shiphorns. Which i still hear. Even when disabling them in the options. ANNOYING :Smile-angry:

Players
1,280 posts
5,081 battles

What's wrong with having the Option to disable them via a tickbox? Somewhere in the Settings page under Display Options would be ideal, that way people who want to use them still can and those that don't want them can remove them.

That way EVERYONE is happy, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY WG!!!!!!!!!!!

[L4GG]
Players
1,436 posts
5,781 battles
7 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

Yo WG,

When I die, i usually want to see some usefull thing what could help my teammate, not big giant emblem from person who killed me. Like I care seriously.

Thanks

@MrConway @Sub_Octavian 

came on, they aren't that bad, and it's only for a moment .

More satirical animals, pls. or women, naked women, pin-up girls.

But someone could improve that, now I hardly get to see the name who sunk me or from who I sunk.

And if the intention it's to show who sunk a person, you have to combined the name to the emblem because now it's just an animal that we see.

And it's very few yet.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,988 posts
13,493 battles

I mean, personally I'm only annoyed by the long duration. I wouldn't mind emblems at all if they only get shown for ~2 seconds, which would be more than long enough.

Or alternatively move them towards the bottom of the screen instead of displaying them smack dab in the middle.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,054 posts
2,170 battles
8 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

Yo WG,

Thanks

@MrConway @Sub_Octavian 

We have passed this feedback on, as we have seen it mentioned multiple times.

In the meantime, you can use a mod, for example the one below, that has been checked and approved by us.

• Cool 3

Players
1,392 posts
9,618 battles
45 minutes ago, MrConway said:

We have passed this feedback on, as we have seen it mentioned multiple times.

In the meantime, you can use a mod, for example the one below, that has been checked and approved by us.

[YEEET]
Players
1,171 posts
10,990 battles

Does the mod make our's invisble to others as well?

Weekend Tester
532 posts
4,938 battles
39 minutes ago, triumphgt6 said:

Does the mod make our's invisble to others as well?

I don't think so - otherwise your mod would be taking away someone else's game content.

Even with the mod installed, there is a way to view other people's emblems - IIRC you can mouse over player names in the team list.

Sign in to follow this