Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SovietFury43

Shouldn't the La Galissonnière have an aircraft catapult on its rear turret?

6 comments in this topic

Players
887 posts
11,126 battles

A fair amount of ships had turret-mounted catapults at some point in their lives (New York, Scharnhorst, Fuso, Arizona AFAIK etc.), but apparently WG took a look at it...

n29ypak.jpg

...and said "nah". They probably had problems with the turret rotation <--> plane lauch animation, and/or the turret camera, not sure. It's somewhat of a shame.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,961 posts

IIRC, it has indeed to do with the limitations of the game-engine.

Modder
1,586 posts
3,385 battles
32 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

IIRC, it has indeed to do with the limitations of the game-engine.

But how?

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,093 posts
3,853 battles

At the current, WG said that tjey can't make work turret mounted catapults. They needed to change their code so that AA guns mounted on turret can work so I guess they need to do something alike for catapults.

The real question is the priority given to this task in tjeir development planning ...

Players
2,693 posts
15,067 battles
12 minutes ago, NoirLotus said:

At the current, WG said that tjey can't make work turret mounted catapults. They needed to change their code so that AA guns mounted on turret can work so I guess they need to do something alike for catapults.

The real question is the priority given to this task in tjeir development planning ...

well IIRC they said something about recoding the entire how AA works  at spome point so i guess they are already at it but probably with low manpower  i would guess we maybe could see something happening late this year or 19

Sign in to follow this