You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lykk00

Fun and engaging gameplay

36 comments in this topic

[PARAZ]
[PARAZ]
Players
36 posts
5,229 battles

I'm done with this, I'm getting detonated or permanently lose moduls daily by now and the fact that DDs get overproportionally often detonated makes it even worse.

Before anyone here comes saying hurr you have flags durr.. No, just no. You can't use them in every single game you play because you simply don't have enough and never will have and there is no flag against permanent module damage.

Both those brain damaged """"mechanics"""" are a totally worthless RNG shitfests for people with extra chromosomes and the fact that the devs still keep that trash in the game makes me wonder how many chromosomes they have.

WG wants to push their games into "esports" but at the same time refuses to remove that useless RNG TRASH from the game. Good job, really.

This isn't even up for discussion. Neither of those """"mechanics"""" requires any skill whatsoever, there is absolutely no point in keeping them in the game other than to reward some braindead potato with an occasional kill.

Seriously, remove this disgusting trash. Don't rework it, remove it. No sane person wants to keep this disgusting RNG fest in the game.

• Cool 3

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,293 posts
11,143 battles
Vor 26 Minuten, Lykk00 sagte:

and there is no flag against permanent module damage.

Let me guess, you are using the Torpedo Tubes Modification 3 with +50% to the risk of torpedo tubes becoming incapacitated and now you wonder why they often get disabled? :Smile_ohmy:

And obviously you have never heard of the Magazine Modification 1 for players without flags?

And last but not least, what you got totally wrong:

Module incapacitations has nothing to do with RNG. Modules have hit points like a ship, they lose hitpoints when getting hit and become incapacitated when their hitpoints reach zero.

• Cool 3

[PARAZ]
[PARAZ]
Players
36 posts
5,229 battles
11 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Let me guess, you are using the Torpedo Tubes Modification 3 with +50% to the risk of torpedo tubes becoming incapacitated and now you wonder why they often get disabled? :Smile_ohmy:

Not 50% if you use main armaments mod 1 and torp tube mod 3 concerns t 9 and 10 only.

13 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

And obviously you have never heard of the Magazine Modification 1 for players without flags?

Only 70% reduction and puts you at a disadvantage since you can't slot other modules while it still doesn't provide 100% safety.

14 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Module incapacitations has nothing to do with RNG

You may aim for (BB) turrets while brawling but you will not specifically aim for DD torp launchers at >10km. This is in fact pure RNG.

There is simply not a single reason for detonations and permanent module destruction to be in the game. One lucky shot can remove you from the game or significantly reduce your damage potential for the rest of the game.

Beta Tester
1,499 posts
4,650 battles
On 1/23/2018 at 4:36 AM, Lykk00 said:

There is simply not a single reason for detonations and permanent module destruction to be in the game. One lucky shot can remove you from the game or significantly reduce your damage potential for the rest of the game.

They are part of the game mechanics. They are the same for everyone.

Why do people nowdays just cry, cry and cry when something unfavorable happens to them and start blaming something for ruining THEIR game, THEIR experience? Oh yeah, that forumites fav disorder that gets spammed out towards those not so good.

Perhaps you are doing something wrong? No.. That definately EDIT.

Edited by Kampa1987
Flame
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[T-N-T]
Players
872 posts
3,711 battles

The fact that it happens to everyone doen't mean it is a good mechanic. You can say that everyone can get cancer, does it make your life or life of those who already has cancer easier? I don't think so. 

And from Flamu's streams I learnt to apologize whenever RNG detonation killed my opponent. 

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,185 posts
10,095 battles

Detonations suck ***, but as I don't think WG will remove them, I think it's better to not let them ruin this game for you.

I must be doing something wrong though, as I have almost 800 anti-deto flags :cap_hmm:

[CR33D]
Players
241 posts
6,532 battles
7 hours ago, Lykk00 said:

No sane person wants to keep this disgusting RNG fest in the game.

You would be amazed how many (In) sane people want to keep this crap. For reasons I simply fail to understand for something that is just pure RNG Luck.

I guess Russian people which the Devs are have some declaration of love to randomness events in life coding that into (RNG) in their games.

In simple words Detonations are a disgusting mechanic that deprives a player from having fun in a game especially detonated from salvo nr one from an enemy ship with full HP. So many times I have done that to enemy players and I could really imagine how much fun they had. And don´t we play games to have FUN? That is the question.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,567 posts
4,887 battles

Like most people, players tend to optimise their ships for their offensive capabilities, so not selecting magazine module, selecting the increased fire/flooding chance flags (which increase the probability of magazine detonations), perhaps they do not even choose PM as a captain skill.

Then they wonder why the detonate seemingly more frequently, frequently enough to voice loud complaints.

I started this game with the premise that detonations were real enough to warrant being in the game, they happened, get over it. But from a pure gameplay point of view they do tend to be very random, too random perhaps. So slanting away from thinking they should remain in the game. But to remove it will have to wait until WoWs V2 comes out if at all. If they annoy you that much,change your approach to the game to minimise the probability.

On the module damage/destruction, degradation due to damage in combat (which is very real) is very common in most games, so why the beef when it comes to this game? Do you really expect that if a turret or torp launcher is utterly destroyed that you should be able to rebuild it from scratch in game. Sorry, but get real please.

(I do not remember the last time I had a module permanently destroyed, I do from closed beta, but not since live).

[SCRUB]
Players
1,915 posts
2 hours ago, Aschwell said:

You would be amazed how many (In) sane people want to keep this crap.

(...)

Of course they do. For many it is the only way to deal significant amount of damage... :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
390 posts
8,594 battles

It is just lovely when a random 43% win rate Conqueror blaps your torpedo boat with a nice HE salvo from 18km and destroys like two of your torpedo launchers.

Beta Tester
624 posts
2,032 battles
28 minutes ago, Exohoritis said:

It is just lovely when a random 43% win rate Conqueror blaps your torpedo boat with a nice HE salvo from 18km and destroys like two of your torpedo launchers.

Is he not allowed to do that ? Does the fact that's he's a 43% WR guy offend you why even mention WR ?

[B0TS]
Players
160 posts
7,447 battles

Detonations are annoying but whatever.

They should be removed from ranked though. Yesterday I hit a dd with a single shell. The guy was full HP and then 0 ;) This was pretty near the start of the game.

It's just not fair that rng can decide that you'll now play 6v7 cause reasons...

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,016 posts

I am already opposed to detonations in randoms, but they REALLY must be removed in any competitive form.

Such a randon screw you moment has no place in Ranked and any other competitive play (King of the Seas TTT anyone? :Smile_trollface: ). In competitive play people should lose because the enemy played better, not because RNGsus decided to remove a full hp ship from the game sometimes without even being hit (yay HE spash damage :Smile_facepalm:)

Players
94 posts
678 battles
13 hours ago, Lykk00 said:

World of Tanks has managed with basically identical mechanics for almost a decade.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,656 posts
7,179 battles
8 hours ago, lup3s said:

Detonations suck ***, but as I don't think WG will remove them, I think it's better to not let them ruin this game for you.

I must be doing something wrong though, as I have almost 800 anti-deto flags :cap_hmm:

GIVE THEM TO ME !!!!!!!!

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,246 posts
7,224 battles
10 hours ago, lup3s said:

Oooh I bet some DD main captains in the Scrub clans (meaning me included) wouldn't mind if you (could) share those. :fish_cute_2:

1 hour ago, Parakitteh said:

World of Tanks has managed with basically identical mechanics for almost a decade.

The difference is in WoT you can actualy aim for it as the guns are acurate enough (or more like the range is shorter) and it is based on HP of an internal module (much like the Gunturrets in WoWS actualy have hp).

Also that internal module has a fix hitbox in the Tank in WoT. (Also if you get hit in WoT without willingly taking the risk of where the enemy might hit you, then you already made a mistake)

In WoWS however everytime you hit the general ship with HE (or not hit but just damage structures with splash damage like Bellegar already pointed out) you roll the dice if a detonation occurs (if Juliet Charlie isn't equipped).

No there isn't logic (as soon as it comes to if you detonate or not - it can however alternate the chance) and HP of modules involved, the game rolls the dice. Pure RNG!

On Topic:

This is the 1xxxx Topic about that and my answer is still the same this mechanic needs to go, at least if you want to play competetive.

Players
390 posts
8,594 battles
6 hours ago, MacFergus said:

Is he not allowed to do that ? Does the fact that's he's a 43% WR guy offend you why even mention WR ?

Ofc he offends me with that as without RNG he could not be able to hit the Himalaya from 2 meters.

• Funny 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,634 posts
6,843 battles

Given OPs general attitude it sounds like Karma.

• Funny 1

[PARAZ]
[PARAZ]
Players
36 posts
5,229 battles
16 hours ago, YukiEiriKun said:

They are the same for everyone.

As Endala already put it correctly, simply because it applies to everyone, it does not mean it's a good idea. Rectal intercourse works on every species, that does not mean it's a good idea though..

11 hours ago, philjd said:

On the module damage/destruction, degradation due to damage in combat (which is very real)

Temporary damage i don't mind, but to permanently lose a turret or torp launcher, especially at the start is just mindbogglingly stupid. This has absolutely nothing to do with "skill" or "balance". Also if we are talking about "very real" stuff then i suggest we decrease BB hit ratio to the real world number of about 3% but then again.. that would be herecy since babbies are WG's favourite toys and they only pander to those. Stop using "real life" as an argument, this game is as far aways from real life as it gets.

5 hours ago, Parakitteh said:

So what? Same applies to wot, detonations are just as cancer, in wot as in wows and in wot you can't permanently lose your gun. Just because people somehow manage to live with cancer it does not imply cancer is good.

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,293 posts
11,143 battles
Vor 8 Minuten, Lykk00 sagte:

Temporary damage i don't mind, but to permanently lose a turret or torp launcher, especially at the start is just mindbogglingly stupid. This has absolutely nothing to do with "skill" or "balance".

If it has nothing to do with skill, how come I didn't have any permanent incapacitations at all in the last weeks?

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,567 posts
4,887 battles
2 minutes ago, Lykk00 said:

1) Temporary damage i don't mind, but to permanently lose a turret or torp launcher, especially at the start is just mindbogglingly stupid. This has absolutely nothing to do with "skill" or "balance".

2)Also if we are talking about "very real" stuff then i suggest we decrease BB hit ratio to the real world number of about 3% but then again.. that would be herecy since babbies are WG's favourite toys and they only pander to those. Stop using "real life" as an argument, this game is as far aways from real life as it gets.

1) no comment about a huge number of other games that have the same mechanisms in place etc? (not that it matters as I suspect that your view is fixated)

2) and DD's only have 1 set of torps (apart from a very limited number), and cruisers, what about their accuracy..... no one ever quotes that but it isn't much better than BB's, or captains, they come back to life all the time. It's a game, it's not real, we all know that, but it's not 100% arcade for all that a portion of the players use that claim. If you cannot deal with the unexpected or adapt to changing capabilities, with respect, try playing something else. (classic example of this is what CV players do if they run out of planes, they are not totally useless but many do not use the possibilities that they have left - just like suiciding arty in WoT).

[EST]
[EST]
Players
713 posts
17,629 battles
39 minutes ago, Lykk00 said:

Temporary damage i don't mind, but to permanently lose a turret or torp launcher, especially at the start is just mindbogglingly stupid. This has absolutely nothing to do with "skill" or "balance".

Don't know how many games i have with DD-s, but permalosing guns or torps i can count with my own 10 fingers. But i did lost 1 torp tube of 2 few days ago and can remember 1 time i lost all(2) my tubes. So it must be rare.

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

Perhaps I'm desensitized to it by virtue of playing the Atlanta during closed beta, but permanent turret loss is practically non-existent these days. Is it really an issue still worth complaining about? Also can't recall a single instance of permanently losing a torpedo launcher on a DD.

At the end of the day while detonations and permanent weapon mount losses can be annoying (when they happen to you!), they're so rare as to not really be a problem and personally I don't really see a need or reason to get rid of them. A token gesture to history rather than a blight on the game.

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
713 posts
17,629 battles

Also about randomness of detonations. About 2 months ago was in div with other DD and we both got detonation from same Zao. Me 1st salvo and divmate 2nd salvo (the first 2 salvos that Zao shot). Was wondering if we saw supertest for premium ammo .:cap_fainting:

Players
94 posts
678 battles
1 hour ago, rvfharrier said:

Perhaps I'm desensitized to it by virtue of playing the Atlanta during closed beta, but permanent turret loss is practically non-existent these days. Is it really an issue still worth complaining about? Also can't recall a single instance of permanently losing a torpedo launcher on a DD.

At the end of the day while detonations and permanent weapon mount losses can be annoying (when they happen to you!), they're so rare as to not really be a problem and personally I don't really see a need or reason to get rid of them. A token gesture to history rather than a blight on the game.

Not sure about DDs for obvious reasons, but on the Brit CLs I've had a surprising number of permanent torpedo launcher losses. On the Emerald and up, where there's only one launcher per side, this gets very awkward to work around.

I've only permanently lost a gun turret on a CL, and in a game with Gallant.

Never destroyed at lower tiers.