Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

9 comments in this topic

Question

Players
12 posts

Hi there,

I searched the forum for Team killer error. Is it really necessary? At any cost why should I be labeled as team killer if it was not my fault? I know the WoW game is quite complex calculating stuff, all sort of algorythms to watch for etc. etc. But can you also include one that actually impose penalty to the team mate that is not paying atention to game and goes directly into the line of fire of a torp? It happens to me twice. Yet, I was to blame.

Same goes for getting penalty for damaging an ally. Seriously? I was sailing a BB when a DD came from my starboard without any atempt to change the course. I received penalty. Even in the navy regulations it says that any vessel that comes from the starboard of another vesel should take all measures to avoid collision. Same goes for those that came from stern and hit a ship. All those should take penalties. Why should it be my fault that someone is not paying attention to the game and came from my stern and hit my ship?

I think there are few things that should be repaired with the game.

Thank you.

Sebastian

8 answers to this question

[NWP]
Players
3,187 posts
5,583 battles

The game cant know who is at fault when they Ram each other. The messages says its your fault - but the other one gets the Message saying its his fault. And both get a penalty in XP/Credits.

Shooting/Torping someone else is however always YOUR fault. If a Teammate might be getting into the line of your torps: better not torp! 2nd line torping is always bad. U cant expect that the other one is always capable to dodge your torps. He might need to turn broadside to the enemy by doing so, which can be a death sentence for him.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
3,792 posts
6,526 battles

Ramming doesn't make you a teamkiller. Meanwhile your torps are your responsibility. You blindly launching them everywhere from allies backs IS your fault.

• Cool 1

Players
12 posts

Well, at the beginning of playing this game I am aware of all my errors done including firing from short distance with my main guns into allies. However, what really pissed me off was my latest two situations in which I was labeled as teamkiller though I am pretty sure it was not my fault.

First situation. I was sailing a CV while I cut off a BB direction for the sole purpose to torp it. I launched my torps and turned my ship so to avoid being hit by its guns. The BB was aiming on its port side so I was on a safe path. Couple of seconds later an ally DD just placed betwen my torps and BB to also torp the BB. Which player managed to do while being hit by all my 6 torps. Judging by the black smoke the DD was puffing the player did quite an effort to torp the BB. I played several times with DD to know that you can snick closer to a BB without being hit by its main guns as the DD is below their firing range. Still you can be killed by second guns. Could the player dodge my torps? Yes. Considering how many calculations the game does and how many algorythms are managed by game I think it might make a difference between a player that is torping without paying atention to what is near him/here to one that is simply doing suicide.

Second situation. I was sailing Gneisenau BB. On my port side I had couple of enemy ships. I aimed one and launched my torps. Seconds after doing that I was turned my ship to fight another Gneisenau enemy ship. It had passed good seconds since I was firing to the enemy BB when I noticed that my torps sunked a CV. Turned out it was an ally.  Still to be blamed?

I will look for a feature that will allow me to record my games and see whether it was my fault or not.

[ADRIA]
Players
3,792 posts
6,526 battles
2 hours ago, sebdea said:

First situation.

You were sailing a DD or CA/CL not a CV. CV is a carrier.

You dropped your torps in the direction of an enemy with no regard if there were allies near your torp path - which they clearly were. You were launching from their behind without making sure they don't have the potential to run into your torps.

Also no DD will be hit by 6 torps unless you're a RN ship launching them in single line and killing him with the 1st one where the other 5 don't matter. If you try to gain some sympathy with some tale - at least make it realistic.

Second situation.

Same thing about CV - that's a carrier

Gneisanau has 6km torps meaning you were either

a) point blank to the enemy - clearly there was an ally next to you, you completely ignored it and torpedoed him -100% your fault

b) one of those morons who spam their torps without any regard for the range, you couldn't hit the enemy anyway but still ignored ally next to you and torped him - sadly enough you can't go over 100% your fault, bcuz you really would on this one.

I will look for a feature that will allow me to record my games and see whether it was my fault or not.

http://bfy.tw/GCc5

Players
12 posts

You are obviously way better then me so I will stop arguing on this matter. In the middle of a game it is easy for me to overlook other aspects of game, placement of allies etc. However, I am not a moron that just fire torpedoes for the love of torp'íng my alies. Neither I point blank an enemy. It was under 6 KM the range of my torps. Plenty distance to evade my torps so another ship can took them. Unfortunatelly it was an ally.

Anyway, thank you for your time and advice.

Regarding changing my Gneisenau's upgrade to Aiming Upgrade, it looks like I am managing to hit enemy ships more often than I did before. Not that my skills have improved. So, I will follow your advice and get back to practice. At any costs, Random battles are better for practising no matter how hard and painfull this process is for me.

Sebastian

Players
404 posts
6,024 battles

Rams don't matter for the most part. I bumped into a Sharnhorst when I has 16 HP left and he went pink, but I hadn't realised my HP was so low. I did apologise for that. Torping friendlies is another thing entirely. I don't look for friendly torpedoes, I assume they have been launched to miss me. If however I do get hit I make a point of flooding out to sent the offender pink. Torping near friendles is a calculated risk. I make sure they are nowhere near the friendly ship AND mention in chat to that friendly that he will have have torps coming up on his left or right side etc. 

As far as skill goes, Sharnhorst is a breeze to play. I got one in a box at Christmas and have been doing well with it. If you are outnumber angle away and rain HE on BBs and AP on cruisers. Attacking don't forget the torpedoes and keep you bow pointing at the most dangerous target. The main this is don't snipe from long range, it comes into it's own at about 12 to 15 km gun range. 

Players
63 posts

I have had a few situations where I have fired torps off behind a friendly ship who would have been no where near them if he hadn't done a 180 and sailed broadside into them even after i warned him in chat and pinged the map. You just have to put that down to a combination of bad luck and experience. If it happens once in a hundred games its just bad luck.. if it happens every couple of games then you really need to re-examine your own decision making and consider not shooting torps if there is any possibility no matter how small of a friendly ship sailing into them.

What does bug me is if you have just been unlucky in that one game, getting rammed repeatedly in any subsequent games by other pink players who clearly just make a habit of logging into the game to ruin the day for anyone they get put into a team with, that ramming damage adds to your penalty and makes you pink for longer.

So I would agree that only the player who gets the warning should be penalised, not the victim.

Sign in to follow this