asunaru

national voices bug

10 comments in this topic

[MPNT]
Weekend Tester
2 posts
526 battles

hello there.

i have put "national language" in audio setting to have voices in accordance whit the ship.

everything running great, when i take japanese ship, i have japanese voices ; when in take german ship, i have german voice ...

BUT, when i take a special captain ( or special ship WHIT special captain ), i have the "normal" voice.

ex : when i take ARP takao ( whit takao captain ) or a normal amagi WHIT  iona captain, i have normal japanese voices. not the captain voice.

is this a bug or setting problem?

thanks!

[ADRIA]
Players
3,796 posts
6,526 battles

Pretty sure that's because they are treated as normal japanese captains.

[BYOB]
Players
2,868 posts
10,366 battles
21 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Pretty sure that's because they are treated as normal japanese captains.

That's not true. The voice packs for special anime captains worked with the "national" settings and were never treated as normal IJN captains.

WG broke them when they changed the format of the sound files in a patch. Since then the voices have not been working properly for most people.

Ever since people have been telling WG about the bug but they do not act on it.

• Cool 1

[GOUF]
[GOUF]
Beta Tester
240 posts
5,247 battles

I can confirm that voices are bugged:  I recived Thea Kruzer captain but when I put her on a German ship, the ingame voice voice remains the standard german one. My default setting is "National" but AFAIK this shouldn't prevent to hear captains with special voices (e.g. Seagull voice works correctly).

[HOTEL]
Players
33 posts
4,096 battles

Now they broke them even more. Now not even national mod works properly on normal caps.

I was playing BensonYang today and heard japanese voices. National mod does not override VO lang anymore.

Beta Tester
98 posts
6,298 battles

All Chinese captains now speak english... FFS Wargaming  :etc_swear:

[BYOB]
Players
2,868 posts
10,366 battles
4 hours ago, Zuxx said:

All Chinese captains now speak english... FFS Wargaming  :etc_swear:

That has been announced as a change and is not a bug.

Together with the lack of implementation of different captain portraits, which are in the client, it is an attempt to remove any semblance of nation from the pan-asia line.

Someone got huffy about the PA captains speaking Chinese. Probably. Expect the generic Asian captain portraits we have now, to be replaced too by American ones.

[PC]
Players
82 posts

What about the pirate voice, its gone too I don't think that was announced? Please get it back.

You can still select it but its no longer a fearsome pirate voice, just plain English.

pirate.jpg

Sign in to follow this